Star Trek and Star Wars

News from our Star Trek and Movie Mania friends .... oh and any thing about Science Fiction in Singapore!

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

lhs1701

Star Trek and Star Wars

Post by lhs1701 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:25 pm

For most of you here, a lot of us at www.startrek.com.sg are strong fans and supporters of Star Wars as well.

This can be seen at the support given to www.starwars.sg and www.moviemania.com.sg events.

This is a recent post st www.startrek.com.sg which you may enjoy:

Star Trek vs Star Wars (nothing offensive)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNxhrPaaCA4
Find, fix, finish

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:25 pm

Thanks for the great links, lhs !

I love and respect the Trekkies in Singapore ! You guys are so much fun, and we are learning so much from all of you about having fun and keeping the passion alive .

The Bowling Contest was such a blast ! I can hardly wait for our next shared outing !

Anyway, many of us are crossover fans of both Star Trek AND Star Wars anyway ! :D

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:37 pm

Thank you, danchia, the respect is mutual. :D

The Star Trek fans will be participating at the upcoming CosFest 2006 on 9 Jul (Sun) at Downtown East, in full starfleet uniforms! ... Both the Star Trek & Star Wars costumers would definitely meet again. 8)

Qa'pla!
Last edited by Dr EMH on Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:48 pm

I'm a cross-over fan and proud of it! :D

Although I don;t post in the S'pore startrek forum, I'm quite active in the Mslaysian startrek forum. I have met many S'pore startrek fans during my previous visits to S'pore and they're truly a fun bunch to hang out with, and they always make me feel very welcomed.

I'm currently trying to brush up on my ST knowledge by watching the Voyager series from start to finish. After that I'm gonna start on DS9, which I only watched until season 2 or 3... :wink:

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:30 pm

OMg the youtube clip is awesome! hahahhaha!

But i have 0 knowledge of star trek leh... The only gene roddenberry stufff i knew best is Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda. That was my fav 5 season TV show.

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:38 pm

Anonymous wrote:OMg the youtube clip is awesome! hahahhaha!

But i have 0 knowledge of star trek leh... The only gene roddenberry stufff i knew best is Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda. That was my fav 5 season TV show.
How come i become guest? That's me btw hor! :wink:

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:36 am

Commander Faie wrote:

How come i become guest? That's me btw hor! :wink:

Sorry about that, Commander Faie , there was a wrong setting and it allowed posts without logging in. I have corrected the mistake already.

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:35 am

Im a fan myself...still have some of the Playmates toys & still enjoy the ENTERPRISE tv series. I still love GENERATIONS & DEEP SPACE 9. Wish we have reruns for those :D
* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

=PATIENCE HAS IT's REWARDS=

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:51 am

We have an Andromeda fan in the Star Trek group who introduced us to Andromeda and we got to watch several episodes including the Pilot. I was impressed. Perhaps you can join us the next time, Andromeda is screened. For all I know, you may even know this Andromeda fan.
Find, fix, finish

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:45 pm

lhs1701 wrote:

We have an Andromeda fan in the Star Trek group who introduced us to Andromeda and we got to watch several episodes including the Pilot. I was impressed. Perhaps you can join us the next time, Andromeda is screened. For all I know, you may even know this Andromeda fan.

OMG I thought i am the only Andromeda fan in Singapore. I love the ship and the sweet hot babelicious AI!!! Along with the genetically-engineered Nietzchiens! All hail Drago Museveni, founder of the nietzchiens! And Harper, aww, i miss his crap...lol.

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:22 pm

Commander Faie wrote:
lhs1701 wrote:

OMG I thought i am the only Andromeda fan in Singapore. I love the ship and the sweet hot babelicious AI!!! Along with the genetically-engineered Nietzchiens! All hail Drago Museveni, founder of the nietzchiens! And Harper, aww, i miss his crap...lol.

We are looking at the Firefly next. Any fans?
Find, fix, finish

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:49 pm

Commander Faie wrote:I love the ship and the sweet hot babelicious AI!!!
The only reason I still watch it despite the fact that I can't make heads or tail of the storyline after 3 seasons...

By the way Lexa Doig is her name :wink:

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:12 pm

Yea...but AXN still not showing season 5...but i already know the entire story outline.

I would certainly ready to meet any Systems Commonwealth High Guards hidden among us.

I could vividly remember the above scene is like charlie angels or something! love their martial art skill in thrashing some dudes on the last season.

Ok i shall make and establish a new thread!

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:55 pm

Commander Faie wrote:Yea...but AXN still not showing season 5...but i already know the entire story outline.
Eeerrr...I thought the entire series has already been shown on AXN? They made their last stand in that place(name withheld to prevent spoiler info) with the Magog remember?

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:33 pm

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:
Commander Faie wrote:Yea...but AXN still not showing season 5...but i already know the entire story outline.
Eeerrr...I thought the entire series has already been shown on AXN? They made their last stand in that place(name withheld to prevent spoiler info) with the Magog remember?
That was Season 4. Season 5 is about Seefra and things like that. Not many magogs are features on season 5. hahah

Return to “Science Fiction, alive and well”