Star Trek movie

News from our Star Trek and Movie Mania friends .... oh and any thing about Science Fiction in Singapore!

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

Star-Wars-Fun-atic

Star Trek movie

Post by Star-Wars-Fun-atic » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:27 pm

*** Admin Note: The first few posts in this thread have been split from the original thread at viewtopic.php?t=3047
to create this new thread for discussion on the Star Trek movie***

Star Trek opens May 2009 in Singapore....

Plant to troop down at the launch in uniform Fanboys-style ;-)

:D

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Re: Star Trek May 2009

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:47 pm

Star-Wars-Fun-atic wrote:Star Trek opens May 2009 in Singapore....

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:40 pm

Wrong thread for this discussion...

Darth Zulwalker

Post by Darth Zulwalker » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:54 pm

I think Leonard got it wrong...........this thread is about gatherings, right? Why not organise another one so that star wars fans and of course, Star Trek fans, can appreciate the Live And Let Live attitude of the two similar sci-fi movie genres? This is as opposed to what is depicted in Fanboys.........anyway, this sci-fi community should also learn to love other sci-fi movies and not get fanatical only about sw
"Size matters not.Look at me.Judge me by my size,do you?Hmm?And well you should not.For my ally is the Force.And a powerful ally it is.Life creates it,makes it grow.Its energy surrounds us,and binds us.Luminous beings are we,not this crude matter..."

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:59 pm

Star-Wars-Fun-atic, Darth Zulwalker,
We have no problem with a gathering to catch the new Star Trek movie. In fact, I think I might even catch it myself too :oops:

"Gabriel Sylar" (Heroes) as "Spock"... interesting ;)

It's just the original thread you guys posted in is meant for a different purpose.... If you read the first post in that original thread, I hope you understand.
viewtopic.php?t=3047

I have now split these posts to create a new thread for you :)

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:06 am

I am an active member of the Singapore Star Trek fan group, Members of the Star Trek group donned Star Wars uniform and carry SW props when it comes to SW activities. For the Singapore Science Centre's Star Wars exhibition, the Star Trek group came in Star Trek uniform to support the exhibition. I even played host to a Star Wars book author when she came to Singapore and took her back to Science Centre to deliver a talk to Star Wars fans on anecdots about her writing her books. I read SW novels and magazine as regularly as that for ST and consider myself a SW fan from the time I first watched Star Wars Episode IV in 1978.

Singapore is a multi-racial country. I suspect the media eyes will be on the local scifi group when the Star Trek movie comes around. We need to show the whole world that Star Trek group, Star Wars group and other scifi groups co-exists and have joint activities. This is a country where different ideas co-exist and embrace even by those with different ideas. In Star Trek ideals, "Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combination", embrace differences.
Find, fix, finish

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:23 pm

Ya, I'm sure we all as Movie/Comic fans have no problem with other fandom as long as it doesn't bring about any harm. I myself will probably catch the new Star Trek movie when it comes out to show my support. ;) Afterall, SW and Star Trek are worlds apart:
One is actually a Fantasy movie set "A Long, Long Time Ago" while the other mostly Sci-Fic set in the future, so why there's a need for a fight? ;)

But Star-Wars-Fun-atic and Darth Zulwalker unfortunately had choosen not to read the 1st post of the "In the true spirit of Fanboys..." thread to know what is the thread really about. Kinda :roll: as here we are trying to give a word of encouragements to Jim in his fight. Image

So everyone especially Newbies, PLEASE remember to at least read the 1st Post of a thread you're interested in posting in so will not make yourself look silly when you posted the wrong thing. ;) Many times, the title dun really tell what the thread is all about. :P

darth nacho

Post by darth nacho » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:06 pm

i love star trek and star wars. both are great as far as i am concerned. Since ENT got canned i am dying for anything new. For now CW keep me happy.

would not mind if any of the trooper show up for an event

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:11 pm

darth nacho wrote:i love star trek and star wars. both are great as far as i am concerned. Since ENT got canned i am dying for anything new. For now CW keep me happy.

would not mind if any of the trooper show up for an event
ahh... Darth Nacho is back... got ur armour ready yet? :wink:
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

darth nacho

Post by darth nacho » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:33 pm

my armor all good just the belt need to be done. but i still i use the old one.

you gona troop on this movie event?

mosske

Post by mosske » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:43 pm

I'm not really a ST fan but I'm definitely catching this one for sure - it looks really good! :)

Won't be trooping though as I don't have a ST costume but I hope that we do form a gathering to catch it and we have some ST costumers present. Would make it more fun! :)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:41 am

I had ordered my uniform so can come in ST Costume for the screening. :wink:

mosske

Post by mosske » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:28 am

Haldir wrote:I had ordered my uniform so can come in ST Costume for the screening. :wink:
:twisted:
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

lordtyranno

Post by lordtyranno » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:25 am

Hi all,

MovieMania will be helping Paramount Pictures to promote the upcoming Star Trek event at Funan Centre on 2 & 3 May 2009.

The 1st movie gala premieres on 29 April and next on 4 May.

It is a payable event and we will provide the ST costumes (Uniform top) courtesy of Dr EMH/James Lee and phasers.

Tickets will be provided for costumers also.

Pls visit our new revamped website for more details.

www.moviemania.com.sg

Regards
Last edited by lordtyranno on Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shangyou

Post by Shangyou » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:34 am

I love the music in the Star Trek trailer... the movie looks exciting too.

Return to “Science Fiction, alive and well”