Star Trek movie

News from our Star Trek and Movie Mania friends .... oh and any thing about Science Fiction in Singapore!

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:03 am

The novel, movie-tie in, was an interesting read too, one of those books that you just simply have to read from beginning to the end and cannot put it down.
:D
Find, fix, finish

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Tue May 05, 2009 1:51 pm

The movie was "WOH!" and this is from someone who still has much to learn about ST. ;)

Casual Fans and Moviegoers will enjoy it if just go in with an open mind. :D

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Tue May 05, 2009 2:11 pm

beam me up scotty! :lol:

darth nacho

Post by darth nacho » Tue May 05, 2009 2:48 pm

just put it this way. sw eps 1,2,3 werent that good for sw core fans. for me it felt like just geting the story to move along to get to 4,5,6 which were the good ones. clone wars was kinda ok but were more for kids. now i have to wait how good the new tv live action will be like.

but for this st movie it was like WOW (i love no shield battles almost made me cry) and then WTF and then damn that was good and hope they make another one. for one thing it was not tied down like the other films that it has to follow certain history so anything goes in a way. Man i swear Spock was gona turn into Syler and start cutting off people's heads....hahahaha.

but anyway damn good film and a must watch.

masteryoyo

Post by masteryoyo » Thu May 07, 2009 9:22 am

Great film in a long time. "Live long and prosper."
"Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future."

Shangyou

Post by Shangyou » Sun May 10, 2009 9:18 pm

I just watched this movie 2 days ago and i didn't think it was that good...
But i liked the music used in the movie though.

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Sun May 10, 2009 9:52 pm

"I'm giving her all she's got!"

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Sun May 10, 2009 10:00 pm

J.J. Abrams has a much better sense for pacing and directing action than George Lucas. STAR TREK entertained me 101%.

donleow

Post by donleow » Sun May 10, 2009 10:00 pm

darth nacho wrote: then WTF and then damn that was good and hope they make another one
Please refrain from using mild language in the posting as this topic is in an open forum page and there are minors, juniors and their parents who frequently visit the website so lets make this forum a healthy one for everyone to discuss about sci-fi and starwars...
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Sun May 10, 2009 10:10 pm

renzaijh wrote:J.J. Abrams has a much better sense for pacing and directing action than George Lucas. STAR TREK entertained me 101%.
that kinda brings me to a thought.

do u guys think in the future when our beloved George is one with the force, do you think someone will reboot the Star Wars series like what J.J. Abrams did?

and interesting use of time traveling in the movie so whatever happen from now on is a totally new possibility (aka future) which means it doesn't necessary has to tie in with the original series(?).

lordtyranno

Post by lordtyranno » Mon May 11, 2009 9:29 pm

Glad most of you liked this movie..

Just heard from Paramount Pictures..sequel in the making!

For Star Trek, I skipped some of the newer series..

I have been and always shall be a fan of James T Kirk and gang.

There are quite a few converts to Star Trek currently.. even the gals who never watched ST before or know nothing of it...they enjoyed this movie.

My recommendations would be not to watch the classic 1960's TV series..yet...

Watch the movies....starting from Part 2 all the way to Part 6.

Star Trek has this "curse" the even numbered shows are much better than the odd numbered shows..

1) ST the Motion Picture... Skip this is ok...its super boring will kill yr interest in ST.
2) Wrath of Khan
3) Search for Spock
4) The Voyage Home
5) The Final Frontier
6) The Undiscovered Country
7) Generations

If u watch these movies from 2 to 7... I guarantee U will further like/love James T Kirk and gang....

darth nacho

Post by darth nacho » Tue May 12, 2009 3:07 pm

you should also watch first contact. it is one of my fav. Khan and search for spock was also great.

for me trek will always be tv based rather then film. will have to wait a long time for another series.

for the new st fans you should watch DS9. espcially getting to later seasons it was real good.

Return to “Science Fiction, alive and well”