Battlestar Galactica

News from our Star Trek and Movie Mania friends .... oh and any thing about Science Fiction in Singapore!

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

Impulse

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Impulse » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:42 pm

Since nobody create a BSG thread I create here!

Just started watching, first show in season 1 so long... omg! still watching.

Come come don't be shy. Discuss!

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:07 pm

One word: Brilliant.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:15 pm

So say we all.

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:00 am

Watch halfway, not bad though. I find that the technology is kinda lacking. Lol, Viper VII got pwn, have to use the ancient viper MkII.

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:25 pm

I've only watched season 1. I thought it was quite cool that they had the older Vipers and the lack of technology did not bother me at all as they are other series that has tons of technology stuff like Star Trek.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:37 pm

Impulse wrote:Watch halfway, not bad though. I find that the technology is kinda lacking. Lol, Viper VII got pwn, have to use the ancient viper MkII.
Paul K wrote:I thought it was quite cool that they had the older Vipers and the lack of technology did not bother me at all as they are other series that has tons of technology stuff like Star Trek.
Eeerrr....guys, the lack of technology is THE essence of the entire BSG series...

The entire BSG storyline, both old and new series, is a big mockery of human kind's reliance on technology, because its what will lead to our eventual demise, and extinction.

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:19 pm

Ah! I see! Thanks for the note! No wonder I was watching halfway and the lack of technology by the humans were deeply depressing enough, and I can't wait to bash that Gaius Baltar dude! :lol: No offense but he's someone I will not want on my ship! :cry: I still could remember the first episode, if only they don't let him into the Raptor... if only...

Jar

Post by Jar » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:32 pm

Baltar is not really a bad Dude only a Misplaced Individual at the wrong time and place, also hes hot for 9 (as we all) 8) 8)
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear is my ally."

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:11 pm

Jar wrote:also hes hot for 9 (as we all) 8) 8)
I think you mean 'Number Six'

I don't really like 6's looks actually....much prefer Boomer..habba habba!

Jar

Post by Jar » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:12 am

Oops my mistake, typo error, what u mean her looks or those conniving eyes of hers that says Im Dangerous so keep away or else??? Boomer is a Babe but she has that innocent kind of look which is unpredictable n her eyes is a bit droopy (look CLOSER) can see. :shock: :shock:
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear is my ally."

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:33 am

Jar wrote:Oops my mistake, typo error, what u mean her looks or those conniving eyes of hers that says Im Dangerous so keep away or else???
Nolah, just don't like her looks overall, attractive as she is. Not my type I guess...
Boomer is a Babe but she has that innocent kind of look which is unpredictable n her eyes is a bit droopy (look CLOSER) can see. :shock: :shock:
Guess I have a thing for oriental-looking girls :lol:

And I'm a big-picture kind oif person, minor flaws don't concern me; unless we're talking about Star Wars Props :wink:

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:05 am

Paul K wrote:... the lack of technology did not bother me at all as they are other series that has tons of technology stuff like Star Trek.
Unfortunately, the reality is that, the lack of technology in Star Trek: Enterprise series (the prequel to all other Star Trek series) show a tremendous down fall in viewership leading to its premature termination. :(
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:23 pm

Jar wrote:Baltar is not really a bad Dude only a Misplaced Individual at the wrong time and place, also hes hot for 9 (as we all) 8) 8)
9 is a member around here. Haha!!!

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:24 pm

Dr EMH wrote:
Paul K wrote:... the lack of technology did not bother me at all as they are other series that has tons of technology stuff like Star Trek.
Unfortunately, the reality is that, the lack of technology in Star Trek: Enterprise series (the prequel to all other Star Trek series) show a tremendous down fall in viewership leading to its premature termination. :(
In fact, the lack of technology in some sci-fi shows can make it boring and depressing, all it takes to change the mindset of 'boring' is to have a good storyline.

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:03 am

Impulse wrote:In fact, the lack of technology in some sci-fi shows can make it boring and depressing, all it takes to change the mindset of 'boring' is to have a good storyline.
Indeed.

The lack of technology also restricts the creative juice of the writers as well ... imagine how one can ever create any good ST storyline without warp 9.9+, shield, tractor beam, replicator, holodeck, etc. :(
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Return to “Science Fiction, alive and well”