I am about to be assimilated (Star Trek)

News from our Star Trek and Movie Mania friends .... oh and any thing about Science Fiction in Singapore!

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

Impulse

I am about to be assimilated (Star Trek)

Post by Impulse » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:59 pm

Greetings.
Phew, my prelims are over for the moment. Anyways I was happening to eat dinner and watching tv HBO channel when I saw this Star Trek First Contact movie. Only the starting part near halfway and I had to switch off and study.
That is the first star trek show i watch, but incomplete. That changed my impression of Star Trek... now I kinda like Star Trek. Looks cool!
So now my exam over (although the major exam is around the corner), i manage to visit wikipedia and did minor reference.

So many movies, tv shows and novels! how to "assimilate" a normal person into a Star Trek fan? To rephrase that, how to catch up for newbies like me???

And i heard 2008 there will be another Star Trek movie, omfg! *collapse*

Argh, Star Trek is as tempting as Star Wars, just that IMO Star Wars wasn't expanded as much as Star Trek. Resistance is futile. Arghhhh!

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:48 pm

Watching Star Trek needs a lot of "stamina" for newbies, hehe ... considering there are 5 series with over 700 episodes and 10 movies have already been produced over the last 40 years ... and 11th movie is coming out in the next 2 year.

I recommend u to start watching Star Trek : The Next Generation series first ... then moved on Star Trek : Deep Space Nine and Star Trek : Voyager ... lastly when u have time, then finish up with Star Trek : Enterprise and Star Trek : The Original Series.

As for movies, after you have watched The Next Generation series, then you watch ST-7 movie Star Trek : Generations ... followed by ST-8 movie Star Trek : First Contact, ST-9 movie Star Trek : Insurrection, and ST-10 movie Star Trek : Nemesis .... lastly when u have time, u can then finish off ST1-ST6 movies as these are quite old and some find it bored.

The best place to look for Star Trek DVD is Library@Esplanade ... they have the complete DVD collection for all 5 series and 10 movies ... and is available for borrowing free of charge.
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

lhs1701

Re: I am about to be assimilated (Star Trek)

Post by lhs1701 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:25 pm

Commander Faie wrote: Argh, Star Trek is as tempting as Star Wars, just that IMO Star Wars wasn't expanded as much as Star Trek. Resistance is futile. Arghhhh!
I am hoping the SW universe would be expanded more in the future with SW series similar to that of ST. SW universe is very rich too.
Find, fix, finish

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:23 pm

Thanks for the tips! Will explore into the Star Trek universe after my major exam. Somehow Star Trek kinda reminds alot of my favourite TV series...Andromeda (although Gene roddenberry died years before andromeda was made tv series) haha.

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:09 pm

Commander Faie wrote:Somehow Star Trek kinda reminds alot of my favourite TV series...Andromeda ...
Yeah, they share a lot of similarities ... the space, the ships and the babes ... :lol:

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:52 pm

You gotta be kidding, star wars has babes, no way. Seven of Nine, Tepal, even Asley Judd as a guest star, now THOSE are babes. Afraid Leia and padme can't compare to Star Trek babes.

But I would advise to take it slow through Star Trek. I've got STNG, DS9, Voyager full seasons and it took me some 3 years to collect them. I kinda got lost in Enterprise season One, didn't quite do it for me so lost interest. May pick it up one day.

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:02 am

Paul K wrote:You gotta be kidding, star wars has babes, no way. Seven of Nine, Tepal, even Asley Judd as a guest star, now THOSE are babes. Afraid Leia and padme can't compare to Star Trek babes.

But I would advise to take it slow through Star Trek. I've got STNG, DS9, Voyager full seasons and it took me some 3 years to collect them. I kinda got lost in Enterprise season One, didn't quite do it for me so lost interest. May pick it up one day.
I am a ST fan and I beg to differ. SW do have babes although lesser. This is because SW is only represented by 6 movies, whereas ST is represented by much, much more so more chances for babes to appear. I consider Padme and Leia at their most attractive when they are kicking butts.

Also SW babes tend to be covered with layers of beautiful clothes unlike ST babes.
Find, fix, finish

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:42 pm

lhs1701 wrote:Also SW babes tend to be covered with layers of beautiful clothes unlike ST babes.
ST babes are not covered with cloths ?! :shock: :lol:

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:43 pm

Haha. The 'babe factor' was not my priority for sci-fi films. In fact the priority for sci-fi films should be a great storyline with great visual effects. Then follow by the cast etc.

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:23 pm

If you catch season 1 of Enterprise, check out the scene where Tucker & Tapal have to be in a decomtamination chamber together and scrub each other. 8)

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:20 pm

Star Trek babes like Seven-of-Nine (Voyager) and Jadzia Dax (DS9) hardly show off their flesh, yet they are sexy.

OTOH, ST:Enterprise babas T'Pol and Hoshi are showing more skins than any female casts in other Star Trek series ... it becomes erotic.

Next Gen, Voyager & DS9 series each last for 7 seasons, whereas Enterprise series only run for 4 seasons and terminated ... go figured. :roll:

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:47 pm

Lol. :lol: Okay guys, if you wanna talk about babes, especially an incentive for newbies, where are the pics? :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:55 pm

Paul K wrote:If you catch season 1 of Enterprise, check out the scene where Tucker & Tapal have to be in a decomtamination chamber together and scrub each other. 8)
It's T'Pol :wink:

Good thing you didn't say Tapau :lol:

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:56 pm

Commander Faie wrote:Lol. :lol: Okay guys, if you wanna talk about babes, especially an incentive for newbies, where are the pics? :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
The last time I posted pics of T'pol in 'artful poses', I got reprimanded :cry:

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:10 pm

PM me if cannot post. Sharing is caring. Heh heh. But hope its not pr0n. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Science Fiction, alive and well”