Abrams on Trek XI

News from our Star Trek and Movie Mania friends .... oh and any thing about Science Fiction in Singapore!

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

donleow

Abrams on Trek XI

Post by donleow » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:52 am

TV Guide.com recently grabbed some time with Lost and Mission Impossible III writer/producer/director JJ Abrams to find out more about his future plans for Star Trek XI
Paramount recently handed the 40-year-old writer-producer-director the reins to one of its most revered projects: the next Star Trek film. Abrams will produce the movie with Lost cocreator (and fellow Trekker) Damon Lindelof. Abrams recently called from his Pacific Palisades, California, home, where he was hanging with kids (and budding sci-fi fans) Henry, Gracie and baby August, to chat about sci-fi, the third season of Lost and his "incredible" plans for the starship Enterprise.

It's been reported that the film will focus on Kirk and Spock's early days and include their meeting at Starfleet Academy. You've said that was not entirely accurate. What parts are?

Abrams: I think we ha! ve an incredible story, but we've sort of promised each other we wouldn't talk about the specifics yet. But I can say that we're actively working on it, we're in the middle of breaking the story, and it's coming along great. I'd be happy to start sooner than Paramount thinks, but not a moment before it's ready.

Click below to read much, much more at TV Guide.com!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Insider/?cm ... 5FA8663}
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Return to “Science Fiction, alive and well”