Corgi Signs Star Trek 40th Anniversary Collection Deal

News from our Star Trek and Movie Mania friends .... oh and any thing about Science Fiction in Singapore!

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

vector_prime

Corgi Signs Star Trek 40th Anniversary Collection Deal

Post by vector_prime » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:57 am

Since I'm also a vintage & modern CORGI collector...this news really hits the spot :)

Corgi, the leading name in die-cast scale models, has added another license to their already impressive portfolio, by signing a new deal with Copyright Promotions to produce a range of commerative products to celebrate Star Trek's 40th anniversary in 2006.

Image Image

The first two die-cast replica models from the Star Trek range were launched in February; the USS Enterprise NCC-1701 and the Klingon Bird of Prey. Both spacecraft have become synonymous with the Star Trek global phenomenon, with the Enterprise having been featured in the very first episode screened in 1966.

Just recently Corgi released the 3rd launch to come out of their commemorative range, The Next Generation Enterprise NCC-1701-D. Set nearly a century after Star Trek, the show featured a new starship (also named Enterprise) and new crew. Star Trek: The Next Generation was the highest rated of all the Star Trek series, and was the number one syndicated show during the last few years of its orginal run in the 1990's.

Image Image

A limited edition of all three ships will be available in Autumn/Winter 2006, each coming with a specialty designed light up mount.

David Wootliff, Corgi's marketing director said: "Star Trek, like Corgi, has entertained generations of children and grown-ups over the years, and we are delighted to be able commemorate such a significant achievement with top quality replica models".
* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

=PATIENCE HAS IT's REWARDS=

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:06 am

Great pic, vector_prime :D

Yes, I have seen these pic before, I reckon there are a few more ST miniature models to be released together.

The only drawback is the price ... it's quite expensive. The normal one (those non-lighted one) already cost over US$20+ per piece.
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:55 pm

Dr EMH wrote:Great pic, vector_prime :D

Yes, I have seen these pic before, I reckon there are a few more ST miniature models to be released together.

The only drawback is the price ... it's quite expensive. The normal one (those non-lighted one) already cost over US$20+ per piece.
Thanks Doc :)

I've expected that kinda price from CORGI...but like always...quality & great licencing comes with a price.

BRITISH METAL RULES :D
* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

=PATIENCE HAS IT's REWARDS=

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:06 pm

May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Return to “Science Fiction, alive and well”