Space Above And Beyond

News from our Star Trek and Movie Mania friends .... oh and any thing about Science Fiction in Singapore!

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

SoloFalcon

Space Above And Beyond

Post by SoloFalcon » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:00 pm

Any one watch this series before?
Trust me princess~

donleow

Post by donleow » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:33 am

i saw another one on discovery channel that link star trek with the current technologies and how scientists and researchers uses the technology thoughts created in startrek to apply on today's technology..

could it be the same..?

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:05 pm

Moi! Was my favourite series back in secondary school days, after Seaquest.

Thinking back, it's sad that the series wasn't able to end properly... seems like the production halted due to internal politics or lack of funding...

Fan sites
http://web-worthy.com/saab/
http://www.cyberpursuits.com/heckifiknow/saab/
"We thought we were alone. We believed the universe was ours. Until one night in 2063, on an Earth colony 16 light years away, they struck. And now we're at war. My name is Lieutenant Colonel T.C. McQueen. I'm an In-Vitro, a race of artificially gestated lifefoms. I command a Marine Corps Squadron; the 58th. They call us the Wild Cards. We fight when called. In space, on land, and at sea. To lose this war means more than defeat; to surrender is to never go home. All of us must rise to the call...Above and Beyond."
Sure brings back those memories... looking at the quote.

One thing I appreciate about the series is that it's warfare in space, with the carrier there, and the multiple skirmishes they had... :wink:
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:55 pm

Thanks for the links~
Trust me princess~

Return to “Science Fiction, alive and well”