Episode V sound track

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

lhs1701

Episode V sound track

Post by lhs1701 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:16 pm

The most memorable one to come from here is the Imperial March which eventually came to be known as Darth Vader's theme as well.

There were a few other themes that were variations of the Star Wars theme and Darth Vader's theme.

I feel not much new stuff here.
Find, fix, finish

fangirl2

Imperial March Ep V vs Ep II

Post by fangirl2 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:16 am

Last I compared the Ep V Imperial March (standard version) to the two phrases of Imperial March at the trooping scene at the end of Ep II, I noticed how much more subtle the Ep II Imperial March felt: it was as though there was a sense of futility to the strings and woodwind (in non Imperial March cadences) struggling past the (Imperial March) brass, yet it behooved one to try to be valiant, nonetheless; where else in Ep V, the Imperial March was just that: powerful brass in your face, lacking on strings and anything subtle.

The first time I heard the Imperial March come on in Ep II (they released the soundtrack before the movie: what an evil spoiler that was!) I felt out of my chair.
@}--,-----

hbng
Site Admin

Re: Imperial March Ep V vs Ep II

Post by hbng » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:23 am

fangirl2 wrote:Last I compared the Ep V Imperial March (standard version) to the two phrases of Imperial March at the trooping scene at the end of Ep II, I noticed how much more subtle the Ep II Imperial March felt: it was as though there was a sense of futility to the strings and woodwind (in non Imperial March cadences) struggling past the (Imperial March) brass, yet it behooved one to try to be valiant, nonetheless; where else in Ep V, the Imperial March was just that: powerful brass in your face, lacking on strings and anything subtle.
Now that you mentioned it, come and think of it......there was an errie feel to it......

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:44 am

totally agree with you fangirl2
Release the Good!

Return to “The Soundtracks”