Episode IV soundtracks

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

lhs1701

Episode IV soundtracks

Post by lhs1701 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:12 pm

One of the most memorable theme came from this sound track, that is, the Throne Room theme. You can always rely on this theme to raise the morale. This one of the best theme I had ever come across.

Of course one must not forget the Star Wars theme, the Star Wars Main Title.

The one on the Canita Band was rather eh.. interesting too.

The one on Dune Sea of Tatooine do sound like you are in a desert.
Find, fix, finish

hbng
Site Admin

Re: Episode IV soundtracks

Post by hbng » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:52 pm

lhs1701 wrote:One of the most memorable theme came from this sound track, that is, the Throne Room theme. You can always rely on this theme to raise the morale. This one of the best theme I had ever come across....
Agreed. What made it even more fantastic is London Symphony Orchestra. John William really know how to push the brasses to the limit!

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:10 pm

Soundtracks for sci-fi/fantasy shows in the 70s, 80s & early 90s really fascinates me.

On one hand we have shows about the future, far away galaxies and technologically so advance we can't even begin to imagine it; yet on the other hand all the music scores in them are classical compositions performed by a symphony orchestra, something which had its origins in ancient times where electricity was not even discovered yet...

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:41 pm

John Williams loves his brasses. I was watching War of the Worlds and didn't need to see the credits to know that it was composed by him. Overuse of brass instruments.

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:52 pm

Darsha Assant wrote:John Williams loves his brasses. I was watching War of the Worlds and didn't need to see the credits to know that it was composed by him. Overuse of brass instruments.
Just like in Harry Potter, didn't know he had composed the score, but once I watched it, it was distinctly his style.

When Phantom Menace came out, I was so impressed by the way he added a chorus to it. Really blew my mind! :D

fangirl2

Post by fangirl2 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:23 am

For me the best part of the Ep IV soundtrack is the 'luke stares at twin sun' music. Simple but effective.

The use of choral singing in the 'duel of the fates'... I'm ambivalent; the choral parts were just plain loud and louder: had not much expression, and is not exactly the best use of the fifth section of the orchestra. I felt JW made better use of the chorus in the 'funeral' music: at least got mezzoforte, and forte, and crescendos and decrescendos. :lol:
@}--,-----

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:34 am

fangirl2 wrote:The use of choral singing in the 'duel of the fates'... I'm ambivalent; the choral parts were just plain loud and louder: had not much expression, and is not exactly the best use of the fifth section of the orchestra. I felt JW made better use of the chorus in the 'funeral' music: at least got mezzoforte, and forte, and crescendos and decrescendos. :lol:
Hmmm......I suppose it was a new attempt for JW :wink: Still, I welcome the change :D

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:39 am

fangirl2 wrote:For me the best part of the Ep IV soundtrack is the 'luke stares at twin sun' music. Simple but effective.
Yep i agree. it's called 'Binary Sunset' i think. Best music & best scene in the entire saga IMO
Release the Good!

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:26 pm

That's the one with the Force theme, right? Woodwnd/Strings if I'm not mistaken.

THough the LOVE THEME ROXXXXXXXXX

Return to “The Soundtracks”