Tag & Bink

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

GetzJedi

Tag & Bink

Post by GetzJedi » Sun May 04, 2008 11:53 pm

Bought this comic from Harris yesterday afternoon at $24.90...

Published in 2006, I was amused at how the writers weaved the misadventures of 2 rebel officers into the Star Wars sequels and prequels... Who could have imagined that these two characters were playing significant parts in the episodes, like the Stormtroopers who guarded the generators that Obi Wan turned off, or the Red Guards who guarded the Emperor, or even Boba Fett? Here's what's written at the back of the book...

Officers Tag Greenley and Bink Otauna were minding their own business aboard a familiar princess-harboring freighter when they suddenly found themselves under seige. Now under attack by the Empire, they will choose life over a noble death and "borrow" the armor off a pair of deceased stormtroopers. Their new disguises might get them off the freighter alive, but they'll also lead Tag & Bink on an adventure neither could have predicted!

Clock-full of appearances by everyone's favorite Star Wars characters, Tag & Bink cleverly weaves the pair's misadventures into the movies themselves. No setting is safe as they traverse the galaxy from the Death Star to the Sarlacc pit to Cloud City to Endor! Thrill as they continue to run afoul of the deadliest (and most ill-tempered) bounty hunter in the galaxy, Boba Fett! Revel in their origin story, which features the cast of the Star Wars prequels!
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Mon May 05, 2008 12:50 am

This is the same Kevin Rubio who wrote and directed TROOPS, right?

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Mon May 05, 2008 2:22 am

Heehee....for the past few weeks or so, I had been having the Wallpaper on my Notebook Screen (Download from DH Website and modified).

Seriously, after reading the comic, you might not look at the SW Trilogys, both Original and Prequal, the same again. :lol:

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Tue May 06, 2008 6:47 am

Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:20 pm

Behold, the long-awaited prequel to the Tag & Bink saga! Many a Star Wars fan has lain awake at night, plagued by suspense and wondering just how this infamous Rebel pair came to be. Well wonder no more, faithful readers! Your plague has ended with this tell-all issue that caps the space-opera legend, courtesy of fan-favorite Star Wars creators Kevin Rubio and Lucas Marangon.

The origin story of our hapless heroes begins on their respective planets, Alderaan and Corellia. These future soldiers of the Rebel Alliance are sized up for Padawan potential, and we are treated to a rare inside look at the rigorous mental and physical training undergone by aspiring Knights in the Jedi Temple! Mace Windu, Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and the elder Fett each have a role in the miseducation of Tag and Bink, but despite all this schoolin', the two decide that spying on Padme and "the Chosen One" is a pretty good idea

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:21 pm

Lock up your daughters and hide the Jawas, faithful readers, because Tag and Bink are BACK! Yea, though one might be hard-pressed to develop a sequel to the popular Tag & Bink Are Dead, fan-favorite writer Kevin Rubio and Star Wars stalwart Lucas Marangon have risen to the occasion!

And what an occasion it is. Fans jonesing for more side-splitting Star Wars shenanigans will thrill to the new misadventures of this hapless pair, members of the Rebel Alliance,who have somehow stumbled past the worst Imperial perils with their limbs intact. In The Return of Tag & Bink-Special Edition, the duo set out to rescue a certain smuggler trapped in carbonite-with the help of Lando Calrissian! One thing leads to another, and they manage to subdue the deadliest bounty hunter in the galaxy on their way to infiltrating the Hutt palace. Star Wars fans know what comes next, and there will be guest appearances of favorite characters on the way to the Sarlacc pit, the Death Star, and Endor! This issue will conquer the world!

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:22 pm

Tag Greenly and Bink Otauna are rebel officers fighting against Emperor Palpatine and his army -- until one fateful day, aboard a freighter carrying Princess Leia and the stolen plans for the Death Star, their lives change forever. During an attack on the freighter, Tag and Bink choose life over death, and "borrow" the armor off a pair of deceased stormtroopers to avoid being killed. Their new disguises get them off the freighter alive and send them off on an adventure neither of them could have predicted! Tag & Bink Are Dead is written by Kevin Rubio (creator of the internet film sensation Troops and the hilarious short stories "A Death Star is Born" and "Force Fiction" from Star Wars Tales) and illustrated by the masterful Lucas Marangon.

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:23 pm

Tag Greenly and Bink Otauna are dead. The two rebel soldiers chose to disguise themselves as Stormtroopers to escape the icy clutch of death. Eventually they found their way onto the Death Star where they (along with everyone else on the battle station) were blown to smithereens. That's how issue #1 of Tag and Bink Are Dead ended. So, if they're dead -- how exciting is the second issue going to be?! PLENTY! And it's HILARIOUS to boot! Make sure not to miss this final chapter in the lives of Tag & Bink! Written by Kevin Rubio (creator of the Internet film sensation Troops and the laugh-riot short stories "A Death Star is Born" and "Force Fiction" from Star Wars Tales) and illustrated by the masterful Lucas Marangon.

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:24 pm

imagine all the extras in the star wars movies ......

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:07 pm

Interesting series on Tag & Bink :lol:
Just wonder how much longer till we get actual toys made of them :wink:

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:21 pm

Actually, the book I featured is a compilation of the 4 comics... Better value :)
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:55 pm

where is this Harris bookstore?
ImageImageImage

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:30 pm

I gotten mine from Kinokuniya. ;)

Herry, if you want, next time we meet I can lend you mine. ;)

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:30 pm

al13ns wrote:where is this Harris bookstore?
I got mine from the Harris bookstore at Suntec City... Used my Popular Membership card for discount... :D
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Return to “The Magazines and Comics”