Star Wars Insiders

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

Jedi Chard

Post by Jedi Chard » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:13 pm

Also available at...

...Comics World. I spotted around 5 copies left along with a fresh copies of Wizard and Previews catalogues.

Chard

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Fri May 05, 2006 8:28 am

Hi Guys,

For those of you that read the SW Insider, what do you think of the content and the price of each issue?

I personally would love to see some Asian content in it like perhaps what's the SW scene in Japan like or in China...

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Fri May 05, 2006 10:32 am

Seriously, each person to how he or she see how the magazine worth their money. You should drop by Kino or Border when the latest issue is released to see for yourself how it worth against its pricetag. Some comic shop also allow you to quickly flip through the magazine to check its content (or like I like to say, is there is any blank page)

Personally, I had never let a chance to get the latest issue of SW Insider go pass as I usually read most of the magazine (the only parts I skip are usually the Gaming Section and some times short story/book extract) and the only reason I missed certain issue was because I really missed it (didn't go to Kino etc for months or was sold out)

tk_110201 wrote:I personally would love to see some Asian content in it like perhaps what's the SW scene in Japan like or in China...
Well, that part might be part of the Bathan Tracks where Hyperspace members can submit photo reports about the latest SW Fans Happening in their country.

Then again, SW Insider can start doing an article focusing on the SW Fan Happening in one country or region (Non-US) each issue soon. :idea:

Sooooooo, if more people recommand it, it might be a reality. ;)

Jedi Chard

Post by Jedi Chard » Fri May 05, 2006 2:28 pm

Yo tk!

Price wise, i'd say its a good deal for Star Wars fans. It's usually cheaper at comic shops than Kino or Borders, but they run out real fast.

Content wise, its hard to say but the previous two issues were really worth it. I especially dig the collector's Q&A and the fan picks of their fave Star Wars collectibles near the back of the mag (very informative!)

Yo H!

Agree with you on that. If we want to see more SW Asian news and happenings, we should take the initiative and send in news, photos and articles from our side of the world. By the way, the opening of Lucasfilm Singapore got nice coverage a couple of issues ago.

Chard

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Fri May 05, 2006 8:40 pm

Check out this auction... 8 back-dated issues for just S$40!!! :D

http://auctions.yahoo.com/sg/auction/89984825

I bought a few issues that I was missing from this seller. Mags in very good condition...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Return to “The Magazines and Comics”