Midichlorian Count

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

DEX

Midichlorian Count

Post by DEX » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:26 pm

HI....

Don't you think the reason why the Jedi council (especially Yoda) is strongly against Qui-Gon teaching young Anakin to become a Jedi is all because of the midichlorian count? It's not really about what Anakin will be in the future.

Here's why I think so:

After Obi-Wan checked Anakin's midichlorian count, he was surprised to discover that it was 20 000 - more that what Yoda has.
Now of all Jedi Masters that we've known, Obi-Wan mentioned Yoda...which would give us the impression that Yoda, at that time could have been the most powerful Jedi.
Well regardless of who Obi-Wan mentioned, that particular Jedi could have been powerful but in this case, he mentioned only Yoda.

That said, Yoda could have been jealous of that fact.

Now any Jedi can be powerful....but if you're an ordinary person with super midichlorians....you're definitely something.

So Yoda made excuses like: "Much fear I sensed in him", "grave danger i fear in his training" etc...

I guess the Jedi Council, including Yoda indeed are arrogant huh. They cannot accept the fact that the 'Chosen One' is a slave boy.

OK moving on....

So now that Anakin have broken the midichlorian record of having the highest count, the Jedi Masters could be feeling 'down-graded'.

We all know that the Sith are constanly trying to out-do each other but in silent, I think the Jedi Masters are too.
Knowing where their count stands, the Masters have to be content with one another. When a new winner (anakin) emerges, it's obvious that ALL the Masters are uniting not to approve Anakin's training by giving excuses, thinking negative of him, condemning him...

I guess Midichlorian count are like an ego count. The more you have, the more ego you become.

When Anakin eventually became a Jedi, he is still being 'held-back' because he keeps complaining that there's things about the force the Jedi Council are not telling him...etc which is true because they're jealous.
We have to forgive Obi-Wan because he is definitely not as powerful as the Masters - In fact, I think Obi-Wan coudn't care less about midichlorian counts. He has this 'Yes Sir!' or I will do it, Sir' attitude. And he's just doing Qui-gon a favour, so midichlorians don't bother him that much. He's just teaching Anakin what little he knew.

So now Anakin's ego became uncontrolable. His midichlorians must have been telling him to do whatever he wants with the Force. No one is gonna stop him anyway.

So there you have it: A high midichlorian count boy = a super ego Jedi = the more easier Palpatine can influence him to the Dark Side.

I guess Palpatine was right to say that the Jedi & Sith are similar in every way: Their ego.....except that the Sith flamboyantly shows off their ego, whereas the Jedi shows off by criticizing other Jedi/Sith.

Last but not least, I think that the most ego Jedi is Anakin (obviously for his highest midichlorian count) and Yoda and Mace Windu, for constantly criticizing Anakin.....

Palpatine is just doing what Siths are supposed to do and Obi-Wan is just being humble.....
"Choska rini do pat slimo!"

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:09 pm

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
:D :D :D :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is so funny!!!

I am going to totally rip off your take in the new strips!!! Man!!! You really crack me up with that one there!!

Well done!!

Would love to hear more insights!
Warning - viewer discretion advised

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:02 pm

I have always thought that a lot of the Jedi and Jedi Masters are arrogant hence this is no surprise to me.

I felt that if the Jedi Council had not been so arrogant, the rise of Palpatine would have taken much much longer and the whole council would not have been destroyed.

They are just too confident and full of themselves.

Anything that does not comply with the Jedi way is immediately classified as the dark side.
Find, fix, finish

jemDconqueror

Post by jemDconqueror » Sat May 13, 2006 12:05 pm

That said, Yoda could have been jealous of that fact.
Dun really tink so lehz...I mean Jedi arent suppose to be dat way...
"Join me, and together we shall rule the galaxy as one!"

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Wed May 30, 2007 6:28 pm

They aren't, but power has a way of corroding the best moral values and twisting someone into an evil person. When you have the power to decide a person's fate, you become arrogant (unless you have a lot of restraint) and the arrogance eats you from the inside out...
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, n'jurkad!
Watch my back and I'll watch yours, ner vod.
I'll do requests for clone signatures...

Return to “Star Wars Episode 1 : The Phantom Menace”