Should Darth Maul have died?

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:26 pm

Hiro wrote:Though it wasn't in the movies, Vader did have a duel against a clone of Maul in the presence of Palpatine, who ordered them to duel for the right to be his apprentice.

They fought for a while until Vader sliced Maul's staff into 2, however it didn't cause any damage so Maul instead switched to a Jar'Kai style, which Vader is weak against.

Maul then put Vader in a choke hold and asked, "What can you hate so much to be able to destroy me?"
"Myself..." Then Vader stabbed his lightsaber through himself to kill Maul

very epic battle
This is "Resurrection" right?
In the comic it says that the Prophets of the Dark Side resurrected Maul coz they think Vader is not good enough to be Palpy's apprentice.
They never fought in the presence of Palpatine.
Palpatine came to the place to check on Vader's progress. Palpatine subsequently Force Lightning'd all the the Prophets.
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:09 am

assjedi wrote:
Hiro wrote:Though it wasn't in the movies, Vader did have a duel against a clone of Maul in the presence of Palpatine, who ordered them to duel for the right to be his apprentice.

They fought for a while until Vader sliced Maul's staff into 2, however it didn't cause any damage so Maul instead switched to a Jar'Kai style, which Vader is weak against.

Maul then put Vader in a choke hold and asked, "What can you hate so much to be able to destroy me?"

very epic battle
In the comic it says that the Prophets of the Dark Side resurrected Maul coz they think Vader is not good enough to be Palpy's apprentice.
Palpatine came to the place to check on Vader's progress. Palpatine subsequently Force Lightning'd all the the Prophets.
Where u gedt this info bro?
"You'll find I'm full of surprises."

Luke

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Read it from the comic series, Star Wars Tales, can't remember which volume, but it is part of a side story

Edit: Oh yea stated by AJ it is the Resurrection chapter in volume 3

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:55 am

Handsome wrote:
assjedi wrote:

very epic battle
Where u gedt this info bro?
i think i have the comic somewhere.
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:17 pm

Wired. But cadet should be able to beat Maul easily. He was said to be 80 percent of Sidious. Making him more than strong enough to kick maul's ass.

Luke

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:30 am

Of course, not only that but prosthetics on Vader made him slower and more vulnerable to faster fighters like Galen Marek

There was also this other thing where people said if Dooku were to fight Maul, Dooku would win by quite a margin~ considering how Maul < Obi < Dooku

Not to mention how much time has passed since Obi vs Maul and Obi vs Dooku, so he should be even stronger in the latter duel

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:41 am

Actually I strongly dun believe the theory that A beats B who beats C will definately beat C. In lightsaber duels, different styles of combat clash with different results. Like even in sports. Obi WAN s mastery of soresu the most defensive form was best able to challenge Anakin s aggressive style of djem so. While Dookus elegant mastery of makashi did not provide enough kinetic energy to match anakins djem so emphasis on brute strength

Luke

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:56 am

Hiro wrote:Of course, not only that but prosthetics on Vader made him slower and more vulnerable to faster fighters like Galen Marek

There was also this other thing where people said if Dooku were to fight Maul, Dooku would win by quite a margin~ considering how Maul < Obi < Dooku

Not to mention how much time has passed since Obi vs Maul and Obi vs Dooku, so he should be even stronger in the latter duel
according to your logic, Singapore football team should be ranked top 10 in the world.

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:06 pm

assjedi wrote:
Hiro wrote:Of course, not only that but prosthetics on Vader made him slower and more vulnerable to faster fighters like Galen Marek

according to your logic, Singapore football team should be ranked top 10 in the world.
o.O did Sg beat any top world teams before??

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:38 pm

On numerous occasions actually..

Luke

Return to “Star Wars Episode 1 : The Phantom Menace”