WELCOME to your own EXCLUSIVE home on the Starwars.sg Forum

For all Costumers .... your own place to hang out and talk about the world of costuming ....

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

danchia
Site Admin

WELCOME to your own EXCLUSIVE home on the Starwars.sg Forum

Post by danchia » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:53 pm

Hi Costumers ,

You guys have been so fantastic in supporting this forum, that starwars.sg has decided to honour you by giving you your own exclusive home to hang out at on the starwars.sg forum .

Previously, you were cohabiting with Star Wars Collectors, but we've given you your own section on this forum, with the following subsections :

NEWBIES

PROPS and REPLICAS

COSTUMING GALLERY

VETERAN'S CLUB

Most of the topics in the old Star Wars Costumers section has been moved here to the Veteran's Club , but take a look around, and if any of these old topics belong in the other sections, let me know right away and I will move them to the appropriate subsection . :)

Also, veterans , do let me know if you want anything changed , THIS is YOUR home , so let me know if it needs any renovations . For example, does the 501st Legion want its own category, instead of being part of the Veteran's Club. How about the Omega Wing ?

Let me hear your views ..... and WELCOME to your new home. Sure hope you like it ! :D

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:05 pm

Thank you for the recognition, Daniel!

Some personal views...

There shouldn't be a need to give the members of the 501st or Omega Wing exclusive folders, as most of our local activities will continue to be a joint effort with other costuming/cosplay groups.

I feel that a Newbies section should be featured as part of the main forum to allow new members to this forum to intro themselves and talk about their interests.

The costume and prop resource site under Fan Force that is meant to supplement the main forum is still in the works. Once the content is comprehensive enough, we can place a link to this forum. In the meantime, my suggestion is that we rename the "Newbies" folder as "The Academy". This new heading would differentiate the folder from that main "Newbies" folder that I mentioned earlier.

As for "Veteran's Club"... I'm not sure... Sounds a little gung-ho and might end up being a TCSS folder if the purpose of that folder isn't clear... How about replacing it with "Events & Appearances"?

For your consideration... :wink:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Post by 9 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:03 pm

i juz noticed the new section. Very cool idea. Heh

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:06 pm

GetzJedi wrote:Thank you for the recognition, Daniel!
You are MOST welcome, my friend. By the way, I am also making you moderator :D
There shouldn't be a need to give the members of the 501st or Omega Wing exclusive folders, as most of our local activities will continue to be a joint effort with other costuming/cosplay groups.

Ok. Cool :)
I feel that a Newbies section should be featured as part of the main forum to allow new members to this forum to intro themselves and talk about their interests.
For the main forum , we have the SITH and JEDI threads for new members of the forum to introduce themselves.

The NEWBIES thread under Star Wars Costumers is for members who were not costumers before but who are interested in becoming costumers to ask their questions about costuming . This way, veteran members will find it easier to find out who are new and will be able to help them.
The costume and prop resource site under Fan Force that is meant to supplement the main forum is still in the works. Once the content is comprehensive enough, we can place a link to this forum. In the meantime, my suggestion is that we rename the "Newbies" folder as "The Academy". This new heading would differentiate the folder from that main "Newbies" folder that I mentioned earlier.
Done . :) Great name, by the way ! :D

Let's call the newbie Costumers as Cadets or Trainees .... hehe
As for "Veteran's Club"... I'm not sure... Sounds a little gung-ho and might end up being a TCSS folder if the purpose of that folder isn't clear... How about replacing it with "Events & Appearances"?

For your consideration... :wink:
What does TCSS mean ? :?:

I did initially have a subsection called " Events" , but removed it because I thought it would distract from the GATHERINGS AND EVENTS section on the main forum .

I still think that for events and appearances by the Costumers, placing them in GATHERINGS AND EVENTS on the main forum will create greater awareness amongs all Star Wars fans instead of just those who are keep on costuming .

Can you think of some other theme or name for this section ? I'll change it to Officer's Lounge till something better turns up. :)

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:47 pm

danchia wrote:What does TCSS mean ? :?:
It's Talk C*** Sing Song... :lol:

Hmm... I sincerely feel that there isn't a need to have an exclusive folder for the senior costumers... We're all fans alike and should be mingling with everyone else in the entire forum... The 3 other folders that you have created should suffice...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:52 pm

GetzJedi wrote: Hmm... I sincerely feel that there isn't a need to have an exclusive folder for the senior costumers... We're all fans alike and should be mingling with everyone else in the entire forum... The 3 other folders that you have created should suffice...

Ok , I've changed it to Costumer's Lounge :)

By the way, you now have moderator status , so that you are able to change things around within the section should you see fit . :D

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:05 pm

Thanks, Daniel. I'll do my best to maintain this section. It's an honour. :D
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Return to “Costumers' Lounge”