Celebration 3

For all Costumers .... your own place to hang out and talk about the world of costuming ....

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Awwee

Celebration 3

Post by Awwee » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:18 pm

Desmond's car should be here too.. hee hee

http://www.501st.jp/gallery/C3-Album-byAYAZO/DSC00904

Vader turned white after having a taste of durian....

http://www.501st.jp/gallery/C3-Album-byAYAZO/DSC00972

from japan 501st gallery when they visited Celebration 3 last year... :twisted:

http://www.501st.jp/gallery/C3-Album-byAYAZO?page=7

rest of photos. :twisted:
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:50 pm

Thanks for the URL links Aw. I noticed 3 Tusken Raiders in the Japanese Garrison's CIII Albums, are they the members of this Garrison too?
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870
Outpost Founding Member and CO Emeritus

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:02 am

The SITH OverLORD wrote:Thanks for the URL links Aw. I noticed 3 Tusken Raiders in the Japanese Garrison's CIII Albums, are they the members of this Garrison too?
No sure... but Japan side dun have Tusken Raiders.... :twisted:
MEPD Police Officer

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:17 pm

Awwee wrote:No sure... but Japan side dun have Tusken Raiders.... :twisted:
eeerrr...I remember I saw in an album of C3 pics somewhere and there was a pic of a full family of Tusken Raiders; 3 or 4 adult male, one(or perhaps 2) adult female, and one child.

The caption said they're Japanese costumers who went all the way from Japan. Even some comments about too bad they don't speak much English so no info could be obtained from them about who they are or which group they belonged to...

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:04 pm

Well... It isn't easy to get accepted into the Legion... And not everyone wants to be a part of it... :?
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:19 pm

GetzJedi wrote:Well... It isn't easy to get accepted into the Legion...
That's very TRUE Desmond! You and I know it all so well!
...And not everyone wants to be a part of it... :?
but what do you mean by this? If they have qualifying costumes, but don't want to JOIN the 501st? :?:
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:19 pm

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:
Awwee wrote:No sure... but Japan side dun have Tusken Raiders.... :twisted:
eeerrr...I remember I saw in an album of C3 pics somewhere and there was a pic of a full family of Tusken Raiders; 3 or 4 adult male, one(or perhaps 2) adult female, and one child.

The caption said they're Japanese costumers who went all the way from Japan. Even some comments about too bad they don't speak much English so no info could be obtained from them about who they are or which group they belonged to...
oh... cos I dun see any in the Japanese 501st... guess they are not from the club... :twisted:
MEPD Police Officer

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:41 pm

The SITH OverLORD wrote:
GetzJedi wrote:And not everyone wants to be a part of it... :?
but what do you mean by this? If they have qualifying costumes, but don't want to JOIN the 501st? :?:
Lack of moivation, difference in priorities, difference in costuming objectives, procastination, indifference, laziness, faded enthusiasm after the initial hype...There could be so many reasons...

I don't think I need to remind you how 'many' Malaysian Rebels with qualifying costumes has so far joined the folds of the Malaysian Rebel Legion Outpost... :roll:

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:50 pm

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:I don't think I need to remind you how 'many' Malaysian Rebels with qualifying costumes has so far joined the folds of the Malaysian Rebel Legion Outpost... :roll:
:!: You have PM from me in MySciFiFan forums concerning this matter.
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:27 pm

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:Lack of moivation, difference in priorities, difference in costuming objectives, procastination, indifference, laziness, faded enthusiasm after the initial hype...There could be so many reasons...
I fully agree... As "with power, comes responsibility"... for us, its "with charter, comes commitment"... It's pretty pointless in my opinion for costumers to join the 501st Legion or Rebel Legion and thereafter choose to live in isolation... There should be a certain level of participation expected from all... And of course, as part of the Legion, we have a certain code of conduct to adhere to...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:36 pm

GetzJedi wrote:I fully agree... As "with power, comes responsibility"... for us, its "with charter, comes commitment"... It's pretty pointless in my opinion for costumers to join the 501st Legion or Rebel Legion and thereafter choose to live in isolation... There should be a certain level of participation expected from all... And of course, as part of the Legion, we have a certain code of conduct to adhere to...
Desmond, let me sum it my here as my concurrence to what you have posted.

Back in May 2005, I've heard a case where (until today have not been fully substantiated) a Malaysian whom I do not know, has purchased a Stormie armor JUST get FOC admission to watch SW EpIII ROTS through MySciFiFan. He claimed that he does NOT WANT to participate in any trooping event / public appearance and was living in a FANTASY that by owning a Stormtrooper armor would gain him a FREE TICKET to watch the show with the MySciFiFan STAR WARS Costumed Contingent. If he approach me again someday, and request to be considered to join the 501st MALAYSIAN / BRUNEI Outpost, ...well you know what my response is going to be for these UNPARTICIPATIVE and CLOSET STAR WARS costumers, which BTW Malaysia is plagued with plenty of 'em as well as other No Action Talk Only STAR WARS costumers!! :x
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:52 pm

That really blend in with snowtroopers! Vader the snowman!

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:11 am

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:I don't think I need to remind you how 'many' Malaysian Rebels with qualifying costumes has so far joined the folds of the Malaysian Rebel Legion Outpost... :roll:
Well, some people just see no point in being part of any club and doing it for the love of SW or SW Costuming (not cosplaying okay!). There are (me included) that feel that our costumes are not-up-to-standard yet as to be shown to others online as in a way, our Profile Photos over at 501st/RL are not easy to be change as we upgrade and improved our costumes. I just lost count seeing how some 501st or RL costumes/armor actually doesn't fit the bill and yet due to luck or connections or that extra parts, they got approved. :roll:

And some may feel ackward being non-Caucasian and due to lack of knowledge of the true costumers response, feels that others may critized them for just not looking anywhere near like the real actors/actresses. I know that among my costumings friends all over the world, we look at the costume first, then the faces and body wearing it to judge how well it is. :wink:

There are also those who became anti-501st or anti-RL or feel being member of one group means they can't be part of another.

So sometimes, we can't blame them if they choose not to join any of the major costuming groups. Personally, I can't wait for my 2 Padawans to turn 18 this year so they can join RL as they are interested every time I asked them but feel sad when they realized how old they are.

Return to “Costumers' Lounge”