Think you've seen it all ? Wait till you see THIS !!!

For all Costumers .... your own place to hang out and talk about the world of costuming ....

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

danchia
Site Admin

Think you've seen it all ? Wait till you see THIS !!!

Post by danchia » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:48 pm

Don't believe what you see ? Don't miss the full story here !

eming

Post by eming » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:51 pm

That's soo cool....

Does anyone know if there is anywhere selling those suits and how much would they cost?

:lol:

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:48 pm

I hav tried on the motorized transporter once ... there is no accelerator or brake for this transport ... to accelerate, just lean yourself forward, and it will start moving forward; the further u lean, the fastest the speed ... the stop, just straigthen urself ... well, easy said than done, need a few minutes to re-position, hehe :lol:

This is the latest advanced technology to be used in airport and large factories and exhibition halls, as walking too tiring while buggy is too bulky ... :wink:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:51 pm

Dr EMH wrote:I hav tried on the motorized transporter once ... there is no accelerator or brake for this transport ... to accelerate, just lean yourself forward, and it will start moving forward; the further u lean, the fastest the speed ... the stop, just straigthen urself ... well, easy said than done, need a few minutes to re-position, hehe :lol:

This is the latest advanced technology to be used in airport and large factories and exhibition halls, as walking too tiring while buggy is too bulky ... :wink:
What happen if you lean too hard and fall forward? Do you reach warp speed?
:D
Find, fix, finish

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:27 pm

lhs1701 wrote:What happen if you lean too hard and fall forward? Do you reach warp speed?
:D
You will reach hyper speed ... (ahem, no warp speed in SW universe, hehe :lol: )
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Commander Appo

Post by Commander Appo » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:30 pm

the freaking thing is not cheap too. its a few thousand sing dollars.
Commander Appo@Jedi Temple

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:13 pm

Commander Appo wrote:the freaking thing is not cheap too. its a few thousand sing dollars.
i think its 8k
i really hope theres something that prevents u frm toppling
haha
lean all the way forward den fall down. keke
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:02 am

eming wrote:Does anyone know if there is anywhere selling those suits and how much would they cost?
Depending on the Quality and Type (Fan Sculpture, ANH Cast etc etc), the Stormtrooper Armor can range from around USD550 for Armor Parts only to a few thousands USD. After adding in the Helmet, Blaster, Neck Sealer, Unitard/Bodysuit, Boots etc etc, can fluctuate to near or over USD1,000.

Serious about getting one?

luke

Post by luke » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:35 pm

Hi,I've been searching.......surely would want to own an armor suit (stormtrooper).....any tips on how to buy one........???? :) :) :D

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:24 pm

Main Priority is : Do you have the money yet? :wink:

Armors don't come cheap. Even the "cheapest" Armor can run into several hundreds dollars depending on your luck and how much of the softparts you do yourself.

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:30 pm

Haldir wrote:Main Priority is : Do you have the money yet? :wink:

Armors don't come cheap. Even the "cheapest" Armor can run into several hundreds dollars depending on your luck and how much of the softparts you do yourself.
My Full TIE Fighter Pilot suit cost me more than S$700 inclusive of shipping... My Biker Scout costume, which has significantly more armoured parts and a better helmet, is gradully climbing towards S$1.5k...

The point is, shipping can be quite a killer. Check out the forum at www.moviemania.com.sg where the hardcore Imperial costumers hang out...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:19 am

GetzJedi wrote:
Haldir wrote:Main Priority is : Do you have the money yet? :wink:

My Full TIE Fighter Pilot suit cost me more than S$700 inclusive of shipping... My Biker Scout costume, which has significantly more armoured parts and a better helmet, is gradully climbing towards S$1.5k...

The point is, shipping can be quite a killer. Check out the forum at www.moviemania.com.sg where the hardcore Imperial costumers hang out...
U got 2? :O
*hint* :D
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:42 am

e3lipse wrote:U got 2? :O
*hint* :D
I got 1.5 costumes... Like I said, the Biker Scout is gradually climbing to S$1.5k... Still making la...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:15 am

luke wrote:Hi,I've been searching.......surely would want to own an armor suit (stormtrooper).....any tips on how to buy one........???? :) :) :D
Yes there is :) from www.eBay.com like this fine suit of Stormtrooper Armor here. Click onto the pic below :

Item is described as Star Wars Stormtrooper Armor Kit Complete & Assembled and is currently being bidded up to US$710.00
:shock:
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870
Outpost Founding Member and CO Emeritus

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:37 pm

GetzJedi wrote:My Biker Scout costume, which has significantly more armoured parts and a better helmet, is gradully climbing towards S$1.5k...
You are scaring me over the cost of the basic armor :shock: ..........not! :D
GetzJedi wrote:The point is, shipping can be quite a killer.

And I agree wholesomely ;) especially if the seller don't use "economical" mode of shipping.

My IRG Helmet 4 years ago only cost me USD45 I think BUT the shipping cost me USD41. :shock:

Then my Hasbro Blaster Rifle, it only cost USD9.90 but the shipping was USD19.90 (and 1 year later, Action City brought it in :? )

And if you choose to buy a fully-assembled set of Armor (with or without the Bodysuit, Neck Sealer, Boots etc etc), it can easily climb to over USD1,000. Anyway, you pay for your lack of skill or laziness. :oops:

So consider first your budget and probably body size (height maybe tho' I think minimal for Stormtrooper is about 5') first before deciding on really getting an Armor.

Return to “Costumers' Lounge”