Enquiry: Where can I purchase a Jedi Robe?

For all Costumers .... your own place to hang out and talk about the world of costuming ....

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

deputylove8

Enquiry: Where can I purchase a Jedi Robe?

Post by deputylove8 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:13 am

Hi everyone,

I'm extremely new to this forum and this website as a whole. Been an SW freak since P6 during my Haig Boy days in 1994.

May I seek your professional advice in seeking a Jedi Robe. How do I go about buying one? Hehe.

Always wanted to get one especially from the official website.Do they have shops in SG that sell them???

Many thanks everyone!
:lol:
From the planet,

Senng Kaanng

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:26 pm

hello.

welcome!!

I do not know where u can purchase one off the shelf.
and although i am no jedi[s]scum[/s] fan, but u can do a lil research online to get schematics of the robes (Obiwan kind is very widely avail).

get the correct coloured (heavy) cloth frm arab street and a tailor, u are good to go.
"In my books; Experience outranks everything"

deputylove8

Post by deputylove8 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:32 pm

hahaha.thanks for the reply dude. :) Tailor huh? hahahah..i was actually thinking of that! hahah
From the planet,

Senng Kaanng

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:51 pm

Hi! :)

If you dun mind lack of accuracy and only 2 choices of colors, can get either "Jedi" or "Sith" Robe from Pan-In-The-Box aka CostumeBase.

Chinatown Point
#02-09
Tel: 90673293 (Hp)
http://stores.ebay.com/costumebases

If you rather have one done according to your personal selection of color, design, as MandalorianBleahhh said, get the prefered cloth from cloth district like Arab Street or People's Park (Food & Shopping Centre) and get a tailor to do it for you.

But if you can sew, you might want to try to make one yourself.
You can either use online tutorial for it OR get a Commercial Pattern for a Robe from Spotlight and modify it slightly to suit your need, and make the robe yourself.

If you just want one for the heck of it, then there is the Rubies Jedi Robe but be warned it's Halloween Quality.

The original cloth used for most of the Jedi Robe was this WWII Blanket. I had touched it before, both the original costumes (OB1 and Anakin) and a sample of it (from my Deluxe DAG Book), and tho' it looked thick, it's a bit "spongy" and "light".

Not sure where in Singapore can find it but many had used a range of other alternative cloths like Cotton Drill, Suiting, Denin etc. The key here is "thickness", drape and budget.

icemann

pan in the box

Post by icemann » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:27 pm

got mine there.. looks quite alright
main thing.. its damn heavy..which is what u need
this boy is dangerous
i choose to be happy

deputylove8

Post by deputylove8 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:51 pm

Thanks a lot Haldir once again. Really appreciate it. I've checked out the link you gave me. They do sell many interesting things there. Hehe :)

I think I'll go check the place out of these days before the Clone wars Movies gets out.

Thanks a lot! I've checked out your own website as well. You sell costumes as well?

Haha.DIY robs? I think the sewing machine will be cursing me if I attempt such feats. Haha
From the planet,

Senng Kaanng

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:17 pm

Nah, I dun really make costumes for others unless necessary and even then, minor parts like Cloak or Harry Potter School Robes.

Return to “Costumers' Lounge”