Who is interested in chingay 2008???

For all Costumers .... your own place to hang out and talk about the world of costuming ....

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Can burn Sunday, no problem.

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 10

icemann

thanks for the tip!

Post by icemann » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:36 am

sweet.. thanks guys!
ok.. i note ..imperial officers also are counted as part of 501
sounds like that is the fastest and most at least confirmed way..

any officers amongst the ranks.. where did u tailor the uniforms?
can give me som leads.. i'll head down this satt, get my set down...
let me know what the 501 singapore post is lacking.. i make that uniform to help fill up the blanks!! =)

than the trooper costume, along the way.. i'll get them all nicely done up to line my corridor!!

Haldir wrote:
icemann wrote:as for what i wan.. always want to be a biker!! yeah! vroom vroom..
Think you can get a set of Armor within a week or so if using one of those Xpresspost services but it can cost over USD100. The good part is it is probably more reliable for this mode of shipping than the regular shipping method I used for mine.

Basic Armor will cost around USD250 to USD350, higher or lower and trimmed or not. Helmet & Gun will be additional cost depending on the type obtained (Rubies or Don Post or Fan-Made for helmet, Toy or Replica or Handmade for Gun). Best to check out the types available and ask around with our Scouts for recommendations.

The others parts, especially soft parts can be gotten locally or online. As for gloves, I might have a spare soon :wink: but I'll have to clean it up as never worn it before. :P

An easier Costume that you can get done quickly (kinda!) will be Imperial Royal Guard, Imperial Crewman or Imperial Officers. Just give it up to 4 weeks to get the parts done by the Tailor or arrive in Singapore from US.

icemann wrote:though down the line. i wanna own the whole line.. storm, biker, pilot... the works man.. the whole deal! =)
Heeheee.....my unrealistic dream not so long ago is also to own and wear many of the Armor but that is because I want to take my "IRG" role to heart as those guards are said to be rotated into regular garrisons regulary to keep them fighting fit. :P 2.5 (or realistically [1+0.5+0.5] as my IRG need to be redone) down and many more to go. :shock:
this boy is dangerous
i choose to be happy

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:49 am

Howdy Folks,

As this event will now be a 501st event only, I'm locking up this thread. If anybody wants to push out a costume and take part, bearing in mind that there is just under a month to go, pls pm me and I'll do what I can. Iceman, you've got a PM.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

Return to “Costumers' Lounge”