Who is interested in chingay 2008???

For all Costumers .... your own place to hang out and talk about the world of costuming ....

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Can burn Sunday, no problem.

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 10

erase

Re: wat if i can suit up in time

Post by erase » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:21 am

Sure... u are most welcome to buy... and also that provided you are able to get the legion standard costume... :wink:
icemann wrote:hmmm
always wanted to be part of a star wars parade.. :D
didnt realise its a 501 parade. ok .. :shock:

anyway can buy a full outfit in time? :(
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

icemann

i wan i wan!!

Post by icemann » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:27 am

darn!!
i wan to take part in the chingay badly as part of a star wars group..it would be one of those things i want to do my whole life

i dont know how to start man.. procuring costume and all...
:( :( :(
this boy is dangerous
i choose to be happy

yen

Re: wat if i can suit up in time

Post by yen » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:02 am

erase wrote:Sure... u are most welcome to buy... and also that provided you are able to get the legion standard costume... :wink:
icemann wrote:hmmm
always wanted to be part of a star wars parade.. :D
didnt realise its a 501 parade. ok .. :shock:

anyway can buy a full outfit in time? :(
Yes only those that will be approved by the Legion. Is now or never. Please get help from Tim. He is the best.

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Re: i wan i wan!!

Post by al13ns » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:06 am

icemann wrote:darn!!
i wan to take part in the chingay badly as part of a star wars group..it would be one of those things i want to do my whole life

i dont know how to start man.. procuring costume and all...
:( :( :(
1st of all, what do u want to be ? stroomtrooper? sandtrooper? bikerscout? TIE fighter? bountyhunter? we've so many experts here, they'll point u to the right direction. :D

and dont worry, chingay will always be there. and we still have St. Patrick's Day parade
ImageImageImage

erase

Post by erase » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:14 am

Eh al3ns... not sure about that still... cos we have not heard anything about that yet.. will update along the way... :wink:
al13ns wrote:and dont worry, chingay will always be there. and we still have St. Patrick's Day parade

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:37 am

erase wrote:Eh al3ns... not sure about that still... cos we have not heard anything about that yet.. will update along the way... :wink:
al13ns wrote:and dont worry, chingay will always be there. and we still have St. Patrick's Day parade
what i meant was, if icemann can't join this year, there'll be next year or other events :D
ImageImageImage

erase

Post by erase » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:11 pm

Oh that is definitely sure... :)
al13ns wrote: what i meant was, if icemann can't join this year, there'll be next year or other events :D

yen

Post by yen » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:32 pm

erase wrote:Oh that is definitely sure... :)
al13ns wrote: what i meant was, if icemann can't join this year, there'll be next year or other events :D
Other events for sure. Only thing I think it'll wear out people's interest if we appear in Chingay every year no?

erase

Post by erase » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:18 pm

It depends on the demand... we will take one step at a time... :)
yen wrote:
erase wrote:Oh that is definitely sure... :)
Other events for sure. Only thing I think it'll wear out people's interest if we appear in Chingay every year no?

icemann

novelty

Post by icemann » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:58 pm

god point there
star wars.. aint everyone's cup of tea
so ...if theres going to be a public display.. hey.. we should really do it really nice.. to be fair to the fandom as true fans...

so .. if i cant make this year.. i fear.. next year.. the impact wont be there.. and poss.. chingay might not wan a bunch of troopers anymore... hahah

as for what i wan.. always want to be a biker!! yeah! vroom vroom..
though down the line. i wanna own the whole line.. storm, biker, pilot... the works man.. the whole deal! =)
this boy is dangerous
i choose to be happy

erase

Re: novelty

Post by erase » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:20 pm

Yeah.... dream on... To reality get into 501st legion first... :)
icemann wrote: as for what i wan.. always want to be a biker!! yeah! vroom vroom..
though down the line. i wanna own the whole line.. storm, biker, pilot... the works man.. the whole deal! =)

yen

Post by yen » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:48 pm

There will always be more chingay appearance next time. But I feel like the first one will be most remembered because is fresh to the crowd. Time is tight but not impossible so I urge our friend to consider.

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:21 pm

Due to copyright and intellectual property rights, participation in Chingay 2008 will be a 501st event only. Sorry folks, but I had to get clearance from Lucasfilm US for the 501st participation in the parade due to media coverage and profile. Got the approval from Steve today.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

yen

Post by yen » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:30 pm

Copy that boss.

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:06 pm

icemann wrote:as for what i wan.. always want to be a biker!! yeah! vroom vroom..
Think you can get a set of Armor within a week or so if using one of those Xpresspost services but it can cost over USD100. The good part is it is probably more reliable for this mode of shipping than the regular shipping method I used for mine.

Basic Armor will cost around USD250 to USD350, higher or lower and trimmed or not. Helmet & Gun will be additional cost depending on the type obtained (Rubies or Don Post or Fan-Made for helmet, Toy or Replica or Handmade for Gun). Best to check out the types available and ask around with our Scouts for recommendations.

The others parts, especially soft parts can be gotten locally or online. As for gloves, I might have a spare soon :wink: but I'll have to clean it up as never worn it before. :P

An easier Costume that you can get done quickly (kinda!) will be Imperial Royal Guard, Imperial Crewman or Imperial Officers. Just give it up to 4 weeks to get the parts done by the Tailor or arrive in Singapore from US.

icemann wrote:though down the line. i wanna own the whole line.. storm, biker, pilot... the works man.. the whole deal! =)
Heeheee.....my unrealistic dream not so long ago is also to own and wear many of the Armor but that is because I want to take my "IRG" role to heart as those guards are said to be rotated into regular garrisons regulary to keep them fighting fit. :P 2.5 (or realistically [1+0.5+0.5] as my IRG need to be redone) down and many more to go. :shock:

Return to “Costumers' Lounge”