Who is interested in chingay 2008???

For all Costumers .... your own place to hang out and talk about the world of costuming ....

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Can burn Sunday, no problem.

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 10

Albert Leong

Post by Albert Leong » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi Ivan,

I'm in for the Chingay 2008. :D

I have apply leave for 15th & 16th Feb. 2008

So do keep me inform if you have any changes.

Thanks

erase

Post by erase » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:45 pm

Salute! Albert you are damn ON. Applause... :)

Keith, Please take note. :wink:
Albert Leong wrote:Hi Ivan,

I'm in for the Chingay 2008. :D

I have apply leave for 15th & 16th Feb. 2008

So do keep me inform if you have any changes.

Thanks
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:53 pm

erase wrote:We are just doing what we normally troop and behave and wearing whatever the legion approved on... No more combining with PA...
So it's open to only for costumers la... Please let us know more about the rehearsals as I don't want to miss church...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:23 pm

I have moved this topic to the Costumers' Lounge area.
The rest of us shall look forward to seeing you guys on TV next month :)

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:44 am

erase wrote:Hi Haldir, Yes you are right... but I think we will have several rehearsal... full details will be out soon ...

SEJA has something on their own... theirs is with float... ours is not... :)

No need ideas for now... :wink:
Haldir wrote:Chingay should be on 16th Feb if I read an article about it a few weeks ago correctly (CNY is on 7th Feb). :wink: So there should be a Full-Dress rehersal on 15th Feb too?

Haahaa....why not we DANCE. :lol: Not a very simple one like at St Patrick Day (u guys only dance once right as seen in the video on YouTube?) but something with Arm Movements too. :lol:

SEJA can do a group fight again at selected area, probably in front of the VIPs.

I remember when I and some of my LOTR Group members participate in the "Public Participation" Section of the event back in 2004, we had to do some kind of dance like The Magarina(sp?) but simpler.

Err Erase,

SEJA won't be part of PAYM for Chingay because

1) the coordinator for the performances is like not interested
2) and seeing that, i've decided to pull SEJA out of PAYM's contingent as initially they just wanted one of us to jump off the moving float while the rest of SEJA push the float with the rest.

apparently that will be all that we do.
besides, most of us cannot commit to their schedules when we have other events as well.

Rgds
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:31 am

erase wrote:Hi Rid,

Is just for 501st and that it... I'm waiting for you for your resubmission. Please hurry up... if not you will miss your chance... :)
TK1705 wrote:
For "STAR WARS" 501st I'm on it. Just march only?? Why don't we come up with something that Singapore will remenber the 501st from STARWARS. Let all of us think about it.
Hmm.....is the Boots the problem? Recently a friend said she can get Riding-like Boots done for around SGD150 and I might take up that offer (tho' I might end up getting one with Hidden Back Zip for ease of wearing since my Left isn't like my Right Calf and they seems to vary throughout the year :shock: Maybe a slight heel too :twisted: ).

erase

Post by erase » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:23 am

Too Bad... So Sad... :(

Well... I leave it to you guys... since i have established the grounds for you guys... And the opportunity come and go fast... :wink:
assjedi wrote:
erase wrote:Hi Haldir, Yes you are right... but I think we will have several rehearsal... full details will be out soon ...

SEJA has something on their own... theirs is with float... ours is not... :)

No need ideas for now... :wink:
Haldir wrote:Chingay should be on 16th Feb if I read an article about it a few weeks ago correctly (CNY is on 7th Feb). :wink: So there should be a Full-Dress rehersal on 15th Feb too?

Haahaa....why not we DANCE. :lol: Not a very simple one like at St Patrick Day (u guys only dance once right as seen in the video on YouTube?) but something with Arm Movements too. :lol:

SEJA can do a group fight again at selected area, probably in front of the VIPs.

I remember when I and some of my LOTR Group members participate in the "Public Participation" Section of the event back in 2004, we had to do some kind of dance like The Magarina(sp?) but simpler.

Err Erase,

SEJA won't be part of PAYM for Chingay because

1) the coordinator for the performances is like not interested
2) and seeing that, i've decided to pull SEJA out of PAYM's contingent as initially they just wanted one of us to jump off the moving float while the rest of SEJA push the float with the rest.

apparently that will be all that we do.
besides, most of us cannot commit to their schedules when we have other events as well.

Rgds

erase

Post by erase » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:24 am

No worries Des. I will broadcast earlier... But not much rehearsal I think... :)
GetzJedi wrote:
erase wrote:We are just doing what we normally troop and behave and wearing whatever the legion approved on... No more combining with PA...
So it's open to only for costumers la... Please let us know more about the rehearsals as I don't want to miss church...

erase

Post by erase » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:26 am

Hmm... I sense someone is upgrading part of her costumes.... Good! :wink:
Haldir wrote: Hmm.....is the Boots the problem? Recently a friend said she can get Riding-like Boots done for around SGD150 and I might take up that offer (tho' I might end up getting one with Hidden Back Zip for ease of wearing since my Left isn't like my Right Calf and they seems to vary throughout the year :shock: Maybe a slight heel too :twisted: ).

icemann

awesome

Post by icemann » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:05 am

hey guys!
i tink.. if there is enough critical mas to do up a nice comapany of trooopers... it will be really neat.. and perfect way to create awareness of the fans' dedication to the movies..

is this a pure troopers thing.. or are jedis and others of the star wars genre invited? =)
this boy is dangerous
i choose to be happy

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:07 am

erase wrote:Hmm... I sense someone is upgrading part of her costumes.... Good! :wink:
Heehee....a Knee High Black Boots, together with Combat Boots, Mary Jane Shoes and White Boots are shoes that should always be in a (Female) Costumer's Shoes Collection. :wink:

One pair of boots, many uses! From whinner Luke to Sharp Imperial Officer, semue boleh.

Ya, hope they can make the boots for me properly as I have different size calves. :P

Okay, can't wait for the actual announcement and more infos about our participation. :D

erase

Re: awesome

Post by erase » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:24 am

Hi Icemann, sorry is just for 501st... sorry. :)
icemann wrote:hey guys!
i tink.. if there is enough critical mas to do up a nice comapany of trooopers... it will be really neat.. and perfect way to create awareness of the fans' dedication to the movies..

is this a pure troopers thing.. or are jedis and others of the star wars genre invited? =)

erase

Post by erase » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:26 am

Sure... you bet Haldir... :)
Haldir wrote:
Okay, can't wait for the actual announcement and more infos about our participation. :D

icemann

wat if i can suit up in time

Post by icemann » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:17 pm

hmmm
always wanted to be part of a star wars parade.. :D
didnt realise its a 501 parade. ok .. :shock:

anyway can buy a full outfit in time? :(
this boy is dangerous
i choose to be happy

Haldir

Re: wat if i can suit up in time

Post by Haldir » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:39 am

icemann wrote:anyway can buy a full outfit in time? :(
Well.....you could get the Armor within a week or so (if I remember correctly from me ordering my Scout eons ago) if using some Express Shipping or something but fixing it altogether is another story all together. :shock: Add to that the occasional problems with Postal Service over there or on the way like I had with mine. :roll:

Later, it's the Membership Processing part which I'll leave those in charge to answe. :wink:

Ps: I need help with my Backplate.....anyone free soon and got a Dremel Tool? PM or SMS me :oops:

Return to “Costumers' Lounge”