HASBRO CONTEST

For all Costumers .... your own place to hang out and talk about the world of costuming ....

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

OKK77

Post by OKK77 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:48 pm

All right, who went? Heh. I went there and was quite impressed by the third-placed Obi-Wan. He replicated from the hairstyle to the beard and moustache! Vader and the Sandtrooper were really great too. Heh.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:52 pm

You were there ? Wish all of us from www.starwars.sg could have met up ..... we should have planned it !

Congratulations to our own Star Wars costumers , Reno Tan as Darth Vader and Timothy Lucas Tan as the Sandtrooper who took first and second place respectively !

Full story PLUS pictures of the event will be featured at www.starwars.sg in a few days' time, so look out for it !

All the costumes were of tremendously high quality , and I was proud of every single one for their great performances on stage !

PLUS every participant walked away with the exclusive Star Wars Celebration III Convention Talking Darth Vader that was only available at the Indianapolis Star Wars Celebration III Convention and Online and sold out in about an hour and a half.

It was an event well worth going for !

OKK77

Post by OKK77 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:59 pm

Yeah, I was looking around if I could find xjedi (since he is the only one I know in person) but didn't see him. We could've arranged something.

And that toy is really worth a lot!!!

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:38 am

Hi everyone !!!

The report ( and pictures ) on the Star Wars Hasbro Be A Toy contest is now online at www.starwars.sg !

Check it out, and while you're there, don't miss episode 1 of Andrew Toh's mighty missive, " How the Empire almost got me killed " !

Great stuff we have this weekend ! :)

donleow

Post by donleow » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:59 am

good work guys, the pictures are very professionally taken to the fact it can be showcase as press photos...well done and too bad i m not at the event as i m travelling oversea for projects..but again is my daily dose to ensure i come back..

Well done to the winners and reno and the folks that participate in the event. Really hope we can engage you folks when the official exhibition comes to town.

cheers guys...

Note: Dan, HBng and Adam , I m sory that i have forgotten to email u folks that i was travelling oversea to china for projects this month...will catch up when i m back...next month

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:59 am

donleow wrote:Note: Dan, HBng and Adam , I m sory that i have forgotten to email u folks that i was travelling oversea to china for projects this month...will catch up when i m back...next month
Yah, we sort of figured that out.....initially we thought you've been taken by the dark side :twisted:

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:04 am

OKK77 wrote:All right, who went? Heh. I went there and was quite impressed by the third-placed Obi-Wan. He replicated from the hairstyle to the beard and moustache! Vader and the Sandtrooper were really great too. Heh.
The amount of effort these people put in is amazing. The sandtrooper backpack is actually hand assembled.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:14 pm

Thanks to everyone who read the report on the Star Wars Hasbro Be A Toy Contest . It's getting a lot of hits !

Hope you all enjoyed it :)

I completed the report at 3.30am, and only just realised that I missed out the pictures of the 3 troopers , Andrew, Desmond and Tim . I've corrected the omission now, so do check out the report again. All 12 contestants are featured correctly now , and boy , do they look cool . They really look like real action figures ! :)

Anyway, hope that you all go back to the report to check out the new pictures . :)

www.starwars.sg

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:09 pm

I missed it. Looks like a swinging good time for all though!
Warning - viewer discretion advised

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:57 pm

OKK77 wrote:All right, who went? Heh. I went there and was quite impressed by the third-placed Obi-Wan. He replicated from the hairstyle to the beard and moustache!
He was also the 2nd place winner for the Hasbro SW Look-Alike Contest 2002, for which he was the AOTC Travelling Anakin.

Phew! It was a total conquest again and everyone knows each other well backstage and was cheering for each other! 8) Was hoping to see new faces but seems not. :(

Return to “Costumers' Lounge”