Upgrading my costume

For all Costumers .... your own place to hang out and talk about the world of costuming ....

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:55 am

Arc_Trooper71 wrote:Ha, I'd say so. Immagine trooping in 90 degree weather, plus humidity. Ouch is right. Hot, sweaty, and painful. Lol. I have to admit, if I was to fight for the Impire, I'd be an Imperial commando. (Almost the same armor as the scout troopers, but black.)
Don't forget that Black attracts more heat and shows up finger prints easily so you end up spending time polishing the armour.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:58 am

:) Lucky for me, I wear black all the time. And also lucky for me, I polish my swords all the time, so I enjoy polishing things. :lol:

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:49 am

Heeheee.....Paul, I did I did see some differences.... :wink: Am still learning about the look of the Armor tho' I had been staring at it here and there since.....2001? :shock:
Paul K wrote:Don't forget that Black attracts more heat and shows up finger prints easily so you end up spending time polishing the armour.
LOL! That reminded me of my armor after the CCF Events. ;) First time I see sooooo many handprints on my back.

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:11 pm

Hahaha. Maybe black is a bad idea. I could be a forest scout. Camo armor. :lol:

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:23 pm

If you're keen to be a scout trooper from the original trilogy, then you're stuck with the white & black version, like how they appeared in ROTJ. If you're thinking about the camo version, then it's from ROTS, also known as the Barc trooper. That's the only Scout that had a camo pattern.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:53 am

Are you sure? I heard after the mess-up on Endor, all stormies and scouts were painted to match their battlegrounds..

donleow

Post by donleow » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:46 am

Arc_Trooper71 wrote:Are you sure? I heard after the mess-up on Endor, all stormies and scouts were painted to match their battlegrounds..

for any canon costume or armour it has to be based from the movie as priority. Any othere references based on wiki, comics, artwork or toys mechandise info are subjected to the binding rules of providing more than 3 references to qualify for it

so like u said that all troopers have matching camo for their battleground have to be subjected to actual reference material in order to be justify, is not a matter of surety in this case.

Additionally, i m the PRO for the special ops detachment as well, which handles all the variants from blackhole stormie to magma troopers so i can be sure that what Paul says is technically correct.

However to say, for stormtroopers and scout variant, there are versions that have been produced but has never been officially recognized in the 501st legion accept for a minor few characters.

Seascout, Stealthscout, snowscout are the few that have one reference pics but are under consideration still to this date to be included into legion costuming standard.

Hope this explains
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:46 am

Thanks, donleow.
It did a lot. I've seen some information about them, I don't remember where. I think at the www.starwars.com data banks? I might be wrong..Anyways, it helped a great deal. :P

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:19 am

As far as membership into the 501st is concerned, you need a costume that either appeared in the movies or have at least been represented in at least 3 occurances in comics, book or games etc.

Take for example Republic Commandos. They were in the Lucas Arts Game, Comics and Book series by Karen. All 3 provided visual references to what the costumes look like but never appeared in any of the 6 movies. Now, they are acceptable for membership.

If you are not planning to submit for 501st application, then you can always make a polka dot stormie or a pink Vader. The sky's the limit but if belonging to Lucasfilm's preferred Imperial Costuming group is your objective, then you should be familiar with the rules or get somebody to mentor/buddy you along.

There are many 501st members on this forum and I'm sure any of them would be happy to help with advice.

A word of advice, pick a member that is familiar with the costume that you are keen in doing. Eg. I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of the Boba Fett so you're better off asking the pro at that – Tim.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:11 pm

Thanks, Paul! One day I really do hope to join the 501st. Hopefully as some sort of Clone.. This might be a stupid and pointless question, but do you think you could be in the Five-Oh-first, and be a Shadow Trooper? I mean, I'm pretty sure they have three apperances, somewhere...

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:00 pm

Arc_Trooper71 wrote:Thanks, Paul! One day I really do hope to join the 501st. Hopefully as some sort of Clone.. This might be a stupid and pointless question, but do you think you could be in the Five-Oh-first, and be a Shadow Trooper? I mean, I'm pretty sure they have three apperances, somewhere...
Full name would be Utapau Shadow Trooper and is given a CX designation in the 501st Costume Ref Library so it is acceptable as part of the Expanded Universe. Once you get close to applying, you'll want to get in touch with Tim, our Garrison Membership Officer.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

Return to “Costumers' Lounge”