Stormtroopers and Jedi on wedding day

For all Costumers .... your own place to hang out and talk about the world of costuming ....

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

chaihot5

Stormtroopers and Jedi on wedding day

Post by chaihot5 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:58 pm

Hi bros and sis

My name is Andrew, I was thinking of having a Star Wars theme for my wedding next year. I was wondering you guys can help me? Im looking for ppl to become stormtroopers and jedi at the wedding night.

What's the rental rate like?

Would appreciate you guys help..

Cheers

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:08 pm

Hiya! :)

Welcome to the group and congratulation in making some of us dream come true; A SW Themed Wedding in Singapore (okay, Shawn Chakster had a simple one previously ;) ).

Well, as for getting Stormtroopers and Jedi at your wedding, it'll depend on how many of them you need, the variety (only Stormtrooper & Jedi?) and how much you're willing to pay. :wink: I'm sure some of us are willing to "volunteer" for a reasonable fee :P but there is also a company by one of our members who can give you a full scale one at a price (Movie Mania).

Do post more infos too so we can decide if we are willing to spare our time for your big event. ;)

Ps: LOL! I was just writing in my Blog about what kind of wedding dinner I'll love to have after reading an article about a couple who recently have a LOTR-Themed Wedding (okay, I been playing about my SW and then SW-LOTR Themed Wedding Plans since 2001 but irony that I'm not interested in having a BF in the first place currently! :o ).

chaihot5

Post by chaihot5 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:27 pm

Thank you for your welcome, Haldir :)

Basically, i only want 2 stormtrooper and a Jedi 'Tentative' See the cost, I can provide a lightsaber 'Blue' for the Jedi.... They will only have to appear during the reception and during the first march-in together with the star wars theme... Thats the reason i need to know the cost of hiring them, then i can calculate how many i can hire and stuff :)

Cheers
May The Force Be With You
Do Or Do Not, There Is No Try

Post by 9 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:33 pm

i had this plan too....but imperial...muahahhaha
well maybe next few years i will see how too.

Having a SW wedding is exciting, but how to incorporate when u got quite a few of senior citizens? Most of them would go Huh??

Then see the troopers...thot terrorists...haaa

chaihot5

Post by chaihot5 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:02 pm

I guess the old folks should be alright, besides most of the ppl who knows me knew im a SW Fan... Hee hee

My car bumper even put "May The Force Be With You" So when you guys see me, do give me a honk ya :wink:

Cheers

Jedi_slayer

Post by Jedi_slayer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:31 pm

Chiahot5,
Wow Star wars theme Wedding, fanatastic!

Years ago, I only have 2 waitors to help to cross 2 Hasbro light sabres when we marched in. Instead of the Wedding March Song, I replaced it with Star Wars theme.
Star wars is a used Universe!

Post by 9 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:38 pm

Jedi_slayer wrote:Chiahot5,
Wow Star wars theme Wedding, fanatastic!

Years ago, I only have 2 waitors to help to cross 2 Hasbro light sabres when we marched in. Instead of the Wedding March Song, I replaced it with Star Wars theme.
your wife didnt mind?

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:56 pm

with all the military wedding, why not a SW theme one..:)

Jedi_slayer

Post by Jedi_slayer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:02 pm

9, you mean the waitors or the song? :D . No, she didn't mind the SW theme song. Like the Wedding March, it also give the grand 'opening' mah.
Star wars is a used Universe!

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:45 pm

chaihot5 wrote:Basically, i only want 2 stormtrooper and a Jedi 'Tentative' See the cost, I can provide a lightsaber 'Blue' for the Jedi.... They will only have to appear during the reception and during the first march-in together with the star wars theme... Thats the reason i need to know the cost of hiring them, then i can calculate how many i can hire and stuff :)
Contract Movie Mania thru their website...

Alternatively, we have a 501st Legion unit here but there's only one stormtrooper deployable and appearances are subject to the member's availability...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:55 am

Jedi_slayer wrote:Years ago, I only have 2 waitors to help to cross 2 Hasbro light sabres when we marched in...
Hmm, very military style ... line up 2 rows of Jedi/Sith, each carry a lightsaber pointing up in the air, and cross with one another ... the couple then go across the parade ... :roll:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

chaihot5

Post by chaihot5 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:56 am

thanks for the help guys.... although i do have to convince my wife for the time being that this is not like any kiddie thing... Trying to make her see my point of view... hee hee

chakster

Post by chakster » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:16 am

I had a SW themed wedding. :D We even took SW photos for our album. We had SW music throughout the dinner and even matching costumes for our second change too. My wife as Leia Ceremonial and me as Han Bespin.

It didn't feel kiddie. :) I think our friends found it kinda refreshing.
TB/TK 7576 Callsign "Chakles"

Post by 9 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:57 am

photos pls! hehe
=)

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:30 am

9 wrote:photos pls! hehe
=)
Yeah! Do indulge us, Chakster :)

Return to “Costumers' Lounge”