Costumers at Gala Opening of the Cathay

Post your favourite costuming pictures here !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

User avatar
danchia
Site Admin
Posts: 915
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 10:40 pm

Costumers at Gala Opening of the Cathay

Post by danchia » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:47 pm

Image

Were any of our costumer friends from this forum there ? We would love to hear about your experience .

Check out our photofeature of the event :

http://www.starwars.sg/index.php?option ... 5&Itemid=2

User avatar
Gandalf Fett
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 9:16 am
Contact:

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:02 pm

I can't see the picture quite clearly but I hope that Catwoman is a woman and not a man dressed up as Catwoman.....
Warning - viewer discretion advised
Image

User avatar
Jar
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:44 am
Location: North East End

Post by Jar » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:19 pm

I was there after work, wanted to see the VIPs coming took some photo,
not so good, saw The Mask, Zorro,Adams Family and Austin Powers and
lady escorts wow wow wow :wink: :wink: :wink: :P :P :P coming,
very suggestive pose in front of camera(NC16) very nice.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
GetzJedi
moderator
Posts: 3136
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 1:19 am
Location: Singapore

Post by GetzJedi » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:09 pm

I was the 'handler' for Predator... The guy wearing the suit was a 16-yr old guy whose actual height was 1.97 m... What are they feeding kids nowadays??? :shock:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

User avatar
danchia
Site Admin
Posts: 915
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 10:40 pm

Post by danchia » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:28 pm

GetzJedi wrote:I was the 'handler' for Predator... The guy wearing the suit was a 16-yr old guy whose actual height was 1.97 m... What are they feeding kids nowadays??? :shock:

Don't know, man.... probably something radioactive ! :shock:

User avatar
9
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:28 pm
Location: Lost

Post by 9 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:42 pm

Does he play basketball? i wanna play against him! lol

User avatar
danchia
Site Admin
Posts: 915
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 10:40 pm

Post by danchia » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:49 pm

9 wrote:Does he play basketball? i wanna play against him! lol
How tall are you, 9 ? :)

User avatar
9
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:28 pm
Location: Lost

Post by 9 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:58 pm

he's taller than me of coz! But that doesnt make a difference when it's an enjoyable game! lol

by the way the sw costume contingent was awesome last night. =)

lhs1701
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Dantooine

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:46 pm

GetzJedi wrote:I was the 'handler' for Predator... The guy wearing the suit was a 16-yr old guy whose actual height was 1.97 m... What are they feeding kids nowadays??? :shock:
I have a favourite theory. He probably eat too much McDonald, BK or KFC. Nowadays the meat producers are given growth hormone to grow quickly, be productive quickly and produce meat quickly. Singapore kids eat these and gets accumulated in their body. They body subjected to growth hormone in the meat grows bigger and becomes Godzilla.
:lol:
Find, fix, finish

lhs1701
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Dantooine

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:30 pm

Now to relate my own story.

I took leave yesterday and reached Cathay around 3.40. I happened to bump into Reno and followed him in.

I just walked around and take pictures with my own camera. DrEMH and Dori came and put on the costumer with Superstar assisting in makeup. I took pictures of that process. We can all see that there were a lot of stress on Reno and Crovus although they were doing an excellent job, keeping everyone aprised, organised and informed.

There was only one unisex toilet for everyone!

We had to put a Cathay T-shirt which we had to return later at the end of the event.

I found out later that I was a Polaroid handler in Team Alpha with the Emperor and two red guards.

I followed this team taking pictures after pictures. On one occasion, I took over 60 pictures in just one spot alone as before the Emperor and Red Guards can even take a step, someone will request for a photo taken. After this session, there were no more photos left.

The Emperor was perspiring like a waterfall after each session and need water to top-up.

The Storm troopers, Darth Maul and Darth Vader entertained us with their impromptu dance bringing lots of laugh from everyone. These guys are great!

When the event is basically over, there were group photos. The team was imply too big to have a super group photo and had to be taken in smaller groups.

I reached home around 11.00+ and slept after midnight. This morning I had to nursed a super headache but it was worth it.
Find, fix, finish

User avatar
adamteo
moderator
Posts: 595
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 12:16 am
Contact:

Post by adamteo » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:00 pm

lhs1701 wrote:Now to relate my own story.

I took leave yesterday and reached Cathay around 3.40. I happened to bump into Reno and followed him in.

I just walked around and take pictures with my own camera. DrEMH and Dori came and put on the costumer with Superstar assisting in makeup. I took pictures of that process. We can all see that there were a lot of stress on Reno and Crovus although they were doing an excellent job, keeping everyone aprised, organised and informed.

There was only one unisex toilet for everyone!

We had to put a Cathay T-shirt which we had to return later at the end of the event.

I found out later that I was a Polaroid handler in Team Alpha with the Emperor and two red guards.

I followed this team taking pictures after pictures. On one occasion, I took over 60 pictures in just one spot alone as before the Emperor and Red Guards can even take a step, someone will request for a photo taken. After this session, there were no more photos left.

The Emperor was perspiring like a waterfall after each session and need water to top-up.

The Storm troopers, Darth Maul and Darth Vader entertained us with their impromptu dance bringing lots of laugh from everyone. These guys are great!

When the event is basically over, there were group photos. The team was imply too big to have a super group photo and had to be taken in smaller groups.

I reached home around 11.00+ and slept after midnight. This morning I had to nursed a super headache but it was worth it.
Hi lhs, it was nice to see u there also...at least some familiar faces ard.

User avatar
SoloFalcon
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:06 pm
Location: Western Singapore

Post by SoloFalcon » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:08 pm

The Catwoman is a professional performer from WB Australia. VaVaVroom~~~ man can she whip her whip.... meowwwwwwwwwww....

And the boy who played predator... he is not Singaporean right? Chinese I think...
Gandalf Fett wrote:I can't see the picture quite clearly but I hope that Catwoman is a woman and not a man dressed up as Catwoman.....
Trust me princess~

User avatar
Awwee
Posts: 786
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:08 pm
Location: West

Post by Awwee » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:55 pm

the show was great.... I had fun with my fellow troopers and the trooper dance.. hee hee.... just spent two hours cleaning up my stormie suit... so tired... :twisted: hope to meet up soon!!! NEXT WEEKEND!!!!
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Image
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

User avatar
GetzJedi
moderator
Posts: 3136
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 1:19 am
Location: Singapore

Post by GetzJedi » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:36 am

SoloFalcon wrote:And the boy who played predator... he is not Singaporean right? Chinese I think...
He's 100% Singapore... ACS(I) boy...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

User avatar
Impulse
Posts: 1893
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:05 pm

Post by Impulse » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:34 pm

GetzJedi wrote:I was the 'handler' for Predator... The guy wearing the suit was a 16-yr old guy whose actual height was 1.97 m... What are they feeding kids nowadays??? :shock:
Soooo talll! :( i very sad already!
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Costumers' Gallery”