My New Sand Trooper Armour

Post your favourite costuming pictures here !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

dr34m

Post by dr34m » Tue May 26, 2009 9:00 pm

Hey, I was just wondering. Do stormtroopers put on pauldron? Or is it a strictly sandtrooper thing? :?

Albert Leong

Post by Albert Leong » Tue May 26, 2009 9:21 pm

dr34m wrote:Hey, I was just wondering. Do stormtroopers put on pauldron? Or is it a strictly sandtrooper thing? :?
Hope this can help. :D

Pauldrons were colored pieces of padded material worn by some Clone troopers of the Grand Army of the Republic, and later by Stormtroopers of the Imperial Armed Forces. The pauldron designated either a specific rank or an area of expertise. Occasionally, during times of internal struggle within the Galactic Empire, the colors and markings on pauldrons were used to signify allegiance to specific leaders or factions.

ARC Troopers mostly wore pauldrons on the left shoulder. Clone trooper commanders would occasionally don a pauldron as a sign of rank, and would allow ranking clone officers to wear them if they earned it in the line of duty. Many, if not most, Clone Marshal Commanders would wear a pauldron not only as a sign of rank but also denoting their ARC training.

The later Stormtrooper units of the Galactic Empire of would wear pauldrons on the right shoulder. Sandtroopers, Field Troopers, Imperial Marines and Imperial Shock Troopers always wore pauldrons.

Sandtrooper pauldrons designated the following:

Black - Private
White - Sergeant
Orange - Squad Leader

Field Trooper pauldrons designated the following:

Yellow - Rail Detonator equipped Field Trooper
Red - Imperial Repeater Rifle equipped Field Trooper

Imperial Marines and Imperial Shock Trooper pauldrons designated the following:

Orange - The normal color worn by these units. Orange colored pauldron was also standard equipped on the Stormtrooper Backpack

Some regular Stormtrooper units from around 1.5 years ABY had pauldrons that designated the following:

Gray - Bombardier
Yellow - Rifleman
Red - Medic
Blue - Sniper
Orange - Captain
TK2818 <BLACKOUT>
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

dr34m

Post by dr34m » Tue May 26, 2009 9:26 pm

wow, thanks albert! So I can get a pauldron to wear on the TK armor! :P I love the looks of it~ I would wear a Kama if I could lol.
Last edited by dr34m on Tue May 26, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shangyou

Post by Shangyou » Tue May 26, 2009 9:27 pm

I think the pauldrons look cool too. :P

Albert Leong

Post by Albert Leong » Tue May 26, 2009 9:33 pm

dr34m wrote:wow, thanks albert! So I can get a pauldron to wear on the TK armor! :P I love the looks of it~ I would wear a Kama if I could lol.
CO Keith will answer your question. :D
TK2818 <BLACKOUT>
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

dr34m

Post by dr34m » Tue May 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Alright, sure :)

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Tue May 26, 2009 11:06 pm

dr34m wrote:wow, thanks albert! So I can get a pauldron to wear on the TK armor! :P I love the looks of it~ I would wear a Kama if I could lol.
preferably only for non-canon events. :wink:

Return to “Costumers' Gallery”