australianSW helmets and Master Replica Helmets

Discuss your props and replicas here

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

sketzombie

australianSW helmets and Master Replica Helmets

Post by sketzombie » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:57 pm

hi all,

this is my first post.

i am not a costumer, but to own a wearable SW helmet will be enuff a good dream for me.

i've ran thru some of what u guys have put up, must say some are pretty impressive.

Q: i am wondering [why are u here? ~yoda], if any of u pple uses master replica clone helmets or the australianSW helmets. they seems pricer then most but they seemed to be closer to realism.

i was at the verge of getting the yellow clone helm from starwarshop but i guess it sold out. sigh.

GetzJedi

Re: australianSW helmets and Master Replica Helmets

Post by GetzJedi » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:50 pm

sketzombie wrote:Q: i am wondering [why are u here? ~yoda], if any of u pple uses master replica clone helmets or the australianSW helmets. they seems pricer then most but they seemed to be closer to realism.

i was at the verge of getting the yellow clone helm from starwarshop but i guess it sold out. sigh.
To my knowledge, the company Movie Mania had placed an order for the MR Clone Helmet and they ordered it thru the toy shop Simply Toys (Tel: 64382238) at Raffles Xchg. You may wish to give them a call to enquire if they can get hold of one more piece for you.

Most of us own either Don Post, Rubies or fan-made helmets because of their affordability and sometimes better quality. The Don Post and Rubies helmets cost less to ship over due to the light weight of vinyl and the soft vinyl material allows easy modifications.

The Australian Altmanns helmets vary in screen-accuracy even though they bear big price tags. One fine example of an Altmanns helmet with poor screen-accuracy is the TIE Fighter Pilot helmet... too big and 'horse-faced'... Looking at the price tags that exclude shipping cost, it is possible for fans to get complete costumes or more than just helmets of other makes...

Work according to your own income. If you can afford helmets that are of better quality but cost more, go for it! :wink:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

sketzombie

Post by sketzombie » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:23 pm

after reading more info from starwarshelmets.com , i see certain inaccuracy of the altman versions for some helmets.

thx.

donleow

Post by donleow » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:00 am

do check out the ebay for a complete set of armour with helmet...we already have some existing contact so that will depend what u want to be ...but is definitely in raw form as complete readily wear armour is a lot expensive ...

sketzombie

Post by sketzombie » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:05 pm

just bought the MR 327th Star Corps Helm, much of a display prop than a costumer item. if i would my target would be a clone trooper armor set.

tho this piece is heavier than your armor, still i cant imagine u guys patrolling in those armor the whole day.

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:53 pm

sketzombie wrote:just bought the MR 327th Star Corps Helm, much of a display prop than a costumer item. if i would my target would be a clone trooper armor set.

tho this piece is heavier than your armor, still i cant imagine u guys patrolling in those armor the whole day.
Wow... Nice piece... But I wouldn't recommend that you use it for trooping... unless you earn peanuts.... :lol:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

donleow

Post by donleow » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:03 pm

suggest that u put it as display rather then trooping cos the trooping version helmet and armour are usually ABS plastic...ur piece is definitely high grade fiberglass ...that have double coating ...

Return to “Props and Replicas”