Master Replica issued dual lighted DM saber

Discuss your props and replicas here

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

donleow

Master Replica issued dual lighted DM saber

Post by donleow » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:02 pm

reason i did this short coverage was a personal passion and likings to know that MR is re-releasing this jewel and definite without argument that
this is the saber of the year which we all know to exist as the only known double bladed saber in the entire starwars universe and is definitely my personal favourite ...

first impression is that the lighted version of the darthmaul saber verse the limited edition DM saber came from the same mould of 3000 edition version of saber released earlier 2 yrs ago.. and price has dropped from 499USD to 199USD...which also mean that those of u who has the limited edition can modified it for sure...

official release picture from MR for DM saber

production picture of the 3000 released version of the DM saber

this coming feb released saber comes in 2 form...full length double bladed version and battle damaged version. Full length double bladed saber is probably over 2 metres tall when extended end to end...and definitely can be disengaged to be 2 independent saber...only thing i query is that does the sound mode still exist when both sabers are separated

full box version of the DM lightsaber

this 1.8m tall guy standing beside the full length saber

one interesting and key buying factor is that MR has perfect the skill of developing Blade to an extend of having three built-in motion sensors for super sensitivity: 2 for detecting movement and 1 for detecting the impact of the blade. This in the past only have 1 each for past saber that i have noticed. What follows which extremely pleasing is that the motion sensor is placed on each of the saber coupled in between by a connection which means this saber should have 6 motion sensors altogether making this production a champ for sure and worthy collectible item

details of the cross sections of lightsabers

Looking at various forum and official sites discussion of this saber has probably proved to be promising and if u ask me i will definitely get one for sure...

Original picture source from : theforce.net and Jedi temple archive
Official reproduction of Darth Maul's doubled bladed lightsaber from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.

Enhanced glowing red blades with realistic power-up and power-down light effects. The lighting effects are produced by two strings of 64 super-bright LEDs that ignite sequentially inside the blades.

Features five motion sensor controlled sound effects recorded from the movie: Power-up, idle hum, swing, clash, and power-down.

Blade has three built-in motion sensors for super sensitivity: 2 for detecting movement and 1 for detecting the impact of the blade.

Durable metal hilt looks and feels like a real lightsaber.

Sturdy blades are permanently attached to the hilt.

Can be assembled as a double bladed lightsaber or used as two, battle damaged, single blade lightsabers.

Approximate dimensions: 86" x 1.5"

Comes with a stand for tabletop or wall display.

Uses 6 AAA batteries (not included).

Also available: Darth Vader Lightsaber Force FX, Luke Skywalker Lightsaber Force FX, Mace Windu Lightsaber Force FX, Anakin Skywalker Lightsaber Force FX

Jar

Post by Jar » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:50 am

I just ordered one last week but wont get them till June, just looking at it makes you want it so I just get it, I love lightsaber especially SITH Saber its so unique and cool looking.

donleow

Post by donleow » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:10 am

i agreed with u Jar and what;s more ordering the dual blade is more worthy then the single damaged version...as the dual blade can be independently disengaged to a single version...while the single version will not be able to piece it together unless u purchase the couple which will probably released later and also the cost of it is lesser for double blade

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:00 pm

any pics with the double blade disengaged into two?
"In my books; Experience outranks everything"

donleow

Post by donleow » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:57 pm

don; see any though despite the spec says so...but assumingly the same as a single handled blade...

Jar

Post by Jar » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:08 pm

I think I got a picture (small one in jpg)but how do I post it here, some help appreciated.

:cry: :cry:

donleow

Post by donleow » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:23 pm

send to me jar...i will pm my email to u...then i upload it into the forum for u..

donleow

Post by donleow » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:33 pm

this came from Jar who has sent me the pic of the single battle damaged version of the lightsaber..however as u noticed there is a crystal mineral behind but the coupling used for double blade ( see my posting) should perform the same...only thing i guess will not be there will be crystal mineral for the dual blade

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:16 pm

I'll be ordering my FX Maul one soon with Simply Toys. Can't wait to get it which is rumored to be this month! :shock:

donleow

Post by donleow » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:54 pm

no lah...advance/ preorder starts from now...actual shipping is in June as confirmed by MR and starwarshop.com.

donleow

Post by donleow » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:37 pm

latest news from customer service MR...of darth maul saber

The Darth Maul Force FX Single-Bladed is in stock and ready to ship! Order two, and you can combine them to create the full length, double bladed version. Or, you can just buy one, and duel with the battle damaged version. (The Single Bladed version includes both the battle damaged cap for single use, and the connector piece to create the Double Bladed version!). For a limited time, this version will also be available exclusively at Borders USA beginning in April.

The Darth Maul Force FX Double-Bladed Lightsaber will also begin shipping in April and will be shipping in multiple waves. Stay tuned for your pre-notification e-mail for when your order will be ready!

So for those who ordered direct from MR will probably expect to received this. Do like to ask if anyone can volunteer to update also the shipment date for local order u mader through simply toys.

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:37 pm

i so tempted to get a pair of battle damaged ones...i think its so much more worth it....its only 70+ more.... not alot considering u already paying 300+

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:47 pm

my review...

viewtopic.php?t=985
Last edited by mandalorianBleahhh on Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

donleow

Post by donleow » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:27 am

thks buddy...for the pic

Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:40 pm

Any fans out there learning the art of using the light sabre? I'm keen to pick up the moves for the double bladeded light sabre. Perhaps sparring too?

Return to “Props and Replicas”