battlefront version of bikerscout sniping rifle

Discuss your props and replicas here

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

donleow

battlefront version of bikerscout sniping rifle

Post by donleow » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:04 pm

Hey all

finally have some time to work on my version of sniping rifle for my bikerscout... the formation is based on my previous army vocation as a recon scout /sniper and though i must admit that this is not canon and getting authentic part for rifle ( not even toy blaster) in my country is restricted thus i have evolved it to my version of the following rifle that i like to share with all of u senior...( Desmond aka Getzjedi and Aw aka sabretooth have also respectively made their own version of heavy sniping rifle looking forward to see their posting)
total cost of rifle : USD 20 dollars ( raw material plus paint) ;D

material for sniping rifle

1. a toy rifle from my previous collection ( spoilt gundam rifle which i scrulpt it to be as close to the SW rifle)

2. barrel - is a harden cardboard that used to roll my carpet ( free)

3. muzzle - 1 dollar ( is a container for skipping rope )

4. big scope - scratch built with LED cross aiming similar to infra red ( built from scrap found in the storeroom)

5. small scope( used to sense heat for forest of endor environment) - is a monocular ( USD $5 - bought off a garage sale)

6. bipod - comes from a toy gun that i bought for my nephew ( USD 5) he took the gun and i asked for the bipod...

7. paint - gun metal , black and red ( USD 10)

8. the bipod cover - an unused old socks

9. middle barrel - is a car muffler i found at a rubbish dump when i was on my way home..( did some grinding and found some nuts and bolt to fasten the barrel.

10. the metal ring and the plastic support comes respectively from a spoilt harddisk ring and a figurine stand

ensembling is straightforward with gluegun and proxy putty ..for the gun metal feel...i used another sock to apply the paint and rub it across the surface of the gun after 1 layer of primer and 2 layer of black paint-non gloss

detail of pictures...

full view of rifle ( whole length is 1.3metre)

elevated view of scope

front muzzle

right side rifle detail

closeup right rifle detail

the crosshair of the scope ( not very clear but look out for the cross)

front view of the rifle from muzzle to scope

closeup of bipod

left side view of the rifle

front view of rifle ( resting position)

Conclusion

overall i spend 80% of the time working on scope and took me 10 hrs over the course of 3 weeks to scrulpt the scope and then reworking on the led cross hair ...and then finally adding some firing sound to the rifle which repeated the single shot firing sound. despite is not canon by 501st but i m happy to use this for cosplaying and event...

so finally give myself a good treat of sake and steamboat

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:34 pm

Very very impressive! My hats off to you.

Its really great to see this kind of passion and dedication among fellow prop builders. Seeing what you have achieved is a real morale boost to me as I struggle to find ways to make my own props.

Can your rifle be dismantled into several parts? If not then taking it out for trooping would be rather difficult I should imagine. Imagine carrying it anywhere in public with a blanket draped over it. Talk about looking suspicious! That's one of my biggest headache when I decided to make my own full size rifle: how to make it so that it can be broken into several parts. If you have any tipe please do share.

Again, good job!

donleow

Post by donleow » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:53 pm

Hey Plo Strax-Avix

thks for ur compliment...i think there are better prop builder than me...

Can my rifle be dismantled into several parts?

Ans: ya...it can...in actual fact when i build this rifle the first thing is to be able to dismantle the barrel off the gun body section...

it comes in 3 parts - the rifle body part is held with the center bottle shape barrel that holds the gun barrel and body together with bolts and nuts..assembly time is only 5 mins...and dismantling can be an assault gun that can still used for close combat..

my suggestion is that as follows

1. any gun body is okie...just make sure u divide the body and barrel with a center segment that is act as a joint for both part...

2. try to use a barrel - cardboard or pvc pipe that can attached and detached either by screwing caps on the end or by cork effect which means the diameter of the pipe can plunge into orignal gun barrel.

3. u might want to shorten ur gun barrel by sawing it off and do u own version.

4. for bipod - can get from any toy shop ...i got mine for 10 dollars sing infact which is submachine MG...

5. the joint to connect the body and barrel is a muffler for car exhaust...or u can find any metal or plastic holder which will do the same n drill 2 holes with clamps to hold the barrel

hope the above helps

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:35 am

Well done, Don! The paintjob was excellent! Will be awesome to troop with heavy firepower... 8)

Hmm... But I must say that your rifle resembles Wookie weaponry... Stolen weapon? :wink:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

donleow

Post by donleow » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:14 am

haha desmond ...will promise to troop with u and Aw for sure ...

for the weapon ,,, u r right in some way that this might be closer resemble to wookie weapon...remember in ROTS that only the bikerscouts and special ops troopers are working with wookies...base on the belief that they might share weapons or even utilise them...but my rifle is based on really the game version and not the movie version...

tks
don

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:59 pm

nice rifle, don't bring it onto MRT, police may catch u and identify u as a rebel terrorist! lol! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:32 am

GOOD WORK!!!! the Next time... I will study your rifle more than your costumes... hahahahaha :twisted:
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

fangirl2

Post by fangirl2 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:50 am

Impressive. Very impressive.
@}--,-----

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:58 pm

Thanks for the generous sharing of tips and advise Don. I have a clearer idea what to do now.

As for doing my own version, I might try it for my next custom blaster project, but my immediate one is an exact replica so I have to stick to the blueprint down to the lass mm.

My biggest problem now is finding the right tools to make my blaster parts without revealing to the people who own the tools what I'm trying to make...last thing I want is to have the police surrounding my house thinking I 'm operating an arms factory...
:lol:

donleow

Post by donleow » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:10 am

hey no worries... the force and blessing will definitely be with u for making the blaster successful..by the way do u own any costume

Commander_Salji

Re: battlefront version of bikerscout sniping rifle

Post by Commander_Salji » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:48 pm

donleow wrote:detail of pictures...

elevated view of scope

front muzzle

right side rifle detail

front view of rifle ( resting position)

Conclusion

overall i spend 80% of the time working on scope and took me 10 hrs over the course of 3 weeks to scrulpt the scope and then reworking on the led cross hair ...and then finally adding some firing sound to the rifle which repeated the single shot firing sound. despite is not canon by 501st but i m happy to use this for cosplaying and event...

8) :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: 8)

Don! My hats off to you for this BRILLIANT masterpiece of custom weapon that you've made and posted here. I find what you have shared in text and SUPERB Graphical depictions is a GREAT HELP to Star Wars costumers in this forum, esp. those whose characters require weapons. I'll be checking back to and fro when I embark on my custom made Clonetrooper DC-15 Long Barrel Rifle some time this year, God Willingly! :wink:
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870
Outpost Founding Member and CO Emeritus

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:30 pm

donleow wrote:hey no worries... the force and blessing will definitely be with u for making the blaster successful..by the way do u own any costume
Yes I do have a costume. That's me in my avatar. A pretty good representation thanks to the resident artist Lord Yoda! :D

The blaster I'll be making is for another costume, which I don't yet have. Thought I'd start on the weapon first... :wink:

donleow

Re: battlefront version of bikerscout sniping rifle

Post by donleow » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:05 pm

Don! My hats off to you for this BRILLIANT masterpiece of custom weapon that you've made and posted here. I find what you have shared in text and SUPERB Graphical depictions is a GREAT HELP to Star Wars costumers in this forum, esp. those whose characters require weapons. I'll be checking back to and fro when I embark on my custom made Clonetrooper DC-15 Long Barrel Rifle some time this year, God Willingly! :wink: [/b][/color][/quote]

more then willing to help u pal...

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:17 am

.... speechless.... totally speechless
Warning - viewer discretion advised

Jedi_slayer

Post by Jedi_slayer » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:36 pm

Don, you are really a master craftsman. Someday can bring the rifle for trooping? (but got to keep both eyes on it at all times :twisted: )

During the 1st CSC charity sale, while GetzJ and some of the costumers were trooping, an auntie asked me aside if GetzJ's BFG was real!
Star wars is a used Universe!

Return to “Props and Replicas”