A280 Blaster Rifle

Discuss your props and replicas here

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

AyKay

A280 Blaster Rifle

Post by AyKay » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:27 am

Yeah, this is probably very alien to you, but I have taken an interest in attempting to procure (or scratch-build if I have little choice) a resin or stunt rubber (a Hyperfirm is fine too) model of the Blastech A280 Armour-Piercing Blaster Rifle for special purposes besides carrying it in Stormtrooper armour.

From what I have gathered from numerous sites, the A280 (reminds me if the Airbus A380 lol) bears striking similarities to the DLT-20A (the galven circuits are more bunched near the focusing crystal of the A280, creating a slight bulge at the midsection of the weapon) (the DLT-20 itself seems to resemble the DLT-19 we are all familiar with), is mostly of cannibalized StG44 parts (as shown here, note that the source is largely inaccurate as they misidentified the Rebel A295 for the Imperial A280, which does not have the T-stock as can be seen in the topmost link), with what seems to be a very interestingly-shaped stock, unidentified scope parts and accessories, and a pump handle.

Say I am unable to procure a full model from any SW gun replica firm(which seems most likely as it is hardly seen in the trilogy movies, the closest of that being the A295 which I DO NOT WANT). What are the chances of me being able to recreate the parts all by myself using whatever knowledge I have of StG replica casts, suitable scopes and accessories and a fitting pump-shotgun replica pump handle?

Otherwise, anybody know where I can get me a fully-made model if it exists? :D Appreciate your time reading.
A280, the real thing, computerized model so not as reliable for reference:
A295, a close-enough comparison for accurate reference, just ignore the stock:
Ananda 'AK' Kang | ANEH | TK 8315 | Expert Infantryman | Singapore Garrison

Return to “Props and Replicas”