Costumes by Museum Replicas

Discuss your props and replicas here

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

dranoel
Site Admin

Costumes by Museum Replicas

Post by dranoel » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:23 pm

Rebelscum posted a gallery of replica costumes by Museum Replicas, who are showing off their latest costumes at San Diego Comic Con 2008. check out their gallery

http://www.rebelscum.com/SDCC08/MuseumReplicas/

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:51 pm

heard that it's goin to be U$1k ++ for a complete costume...
ImageImageImage

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:23 pm

Musuem Replica mah. ;)

Previously, they had produced costumes from LOTR and currently from 300 too I think and these stuffs dun come cheap. Quality is partially there tho' accuracy is so so; the basics are there to make the costume recognizable as that character costume to the general fan but as usual, we Costumers expected more. :P Anyhow, they needed to do certain things differently or eliminate certain things as I understand, that is the critia the licensing company put to the licensees. A very valid reason is to allow them to differ the original-movie used costume from replicas.

Like they say, there is a BIG different between making/putting something together yourself and paying big bucks on ready-to-wear-ones. And your standards will also differ (eg: I dun mind over the inaccurate my costumes have since I know the pain of doing it but if something I paid so much for, I kinda expected it to be PERFECT...sort off)

Return to “Props and Replicas”