My Clone Helmet Project EPS 2 Project

Discuss your props and replicas here

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

mosske

Post by mosske » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:55 am

That is a Rubies. 100% sure. It comes in 3 parts - front half, back half and the fin. Dimensions are all wrong as it is too short and wide. Needs a hell of a lot of work, bro. I salute you for trying. I bought one really early on and gave up after a while bcos it just looked so wrong. Oh well... :)
Last edited by mosske on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

darth nacho

Post by darth nacho » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:19 pm

dont think it is rubies. it can in total of 5 parts..

here is my final primer coat. i used up my small can of mr hobby surfacer 500 ........ tomorow will be full on white and red paint.

clonextrics

Post by clonextrics » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:14 pm

not sure whether its a rubies helmet... but it damn cool helmet... hope to get mine really soon... all the best in finishin the helmet...

mosske

Post by mosske » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:22 am

It IS a Rubies - the 4th and 5th parts are the ears! If you look on the inside bottom back piece, you will see that it says "2002 Lucasfilm Limited. All rights reserved". Its just near the bottom lip on the inside back of the helmet. Could you take a front shot and a side shot for us to have a look? Thanks for the updates, bro. :)
Last edited by mosske on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:30 am

Well, there're a few versions of the Rubies Helmets; from just Mask to full Don Post-like (but of inferior quality) presentable helmets. ;)

Where did you get your Helmet off anyway?

mosske

Post by mosske » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:36 am

Actually, by looking at the last photo you posted, I see that the visor has been removed and is lying on the right of the helmet. Thats exactly what the Rubies visor looks like. Its pushed into place inside the helmet using 20 plastic studs...all surrounding the visor inside the helmet face.

So at least now you know its a Rubies you're working on. :)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:54 am

Regardless of whether the helmet is a Rubies or not, the helmet is looking good from your efforts... Accuracy shouldn't be too much of a concern, unless you are aiming to join the Rebel Legion or you are aiming to achieve movie accuracy... Enjoy the process! 8)
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:22 am

Rubies or first-rate helmet, I think Darth Nacho can do with more encouragement.

Nice progress there! :)

mosske

Post by mosske » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:22 am

I don't see any discouragement anywhere, renzaijh. I personally own the same Rubies helmet which I failed to make anything good out of. I think its a valiant effort to work on a Rubies and in my own opinion, darth nacho is doing a superb job. Fatimah is right in her post about the quality of Rubies helmets, but that just makes it so much more of a challenge. Also, I think it is important to know the history behind the helmet - it tells a story of what its been to what it will be. I make it a point to know the history of every single one of my helmets, as I'm sure most of us do too. ;)

As for accuracy, GetzJedi is right...if its not going for approval with any of the serious costuming groups out there then its ok. At the end of the day, its still a fun project. And if it comes out looking amazing, even better! :)

Darth Nacho, you have the support of everyone here! Pls keep the updates coming and I hope you're having fun with this project, bro. :)
Last edited by mosske on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

darth nacho

Post by darth nacho » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:48 am

hahaha. i thought some of you was gona start to flame up here. you guys sure stay up late...hahaha

i am not going for full accurate helmet. I have my eps 3 helmet and armor comeing in for that one. personally i rather be more creative on painting this helmet which i will start to do tonight if i dont feel too tired. will post more photo up later.
good practice for me since i have not done any model stuff since my college days...over 10 years ago....

i will decide if i want to use it with my eps 3 stuff or not

anyway more stuff to come.

i will order more stuff from ebay next month after my taiwan trip.

if you guys have experiance cutting the mid section of eps 3 armor let me know...i will need help on that one.

thank you all

mosske

Post by mosske » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:13 am

Hi darth nacho...no worries, bro. When your armor arrives and you need help, just let us know. What we normally do is throw an armor party where we get a group together to help newbies work on their armor.

I'm actually throwing one at my place this Saturday and you're welcome to join us if you can make it. One of the guys is a newbie building his armor for entrance into the 501st Legion. We'll be working on a couple of trooper armor types, one of which is an EP2 clone. Would be great to have another prop enthusiast join us. PM me if you're keen.

As for for flaming up, its nothing...renzaijh(Daniel) and GetzJedi(Desmond) are my brothers and we love each other! Super nice guys! :)

In the meantime, keep up the updates, bro! :D
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

darth nacho

Post by darth nacho » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:01 am

it's waiting for the armor to arrive from the states sucks. will order more once i get the armor...should be soon.

anyway i dont want mine to be full on accurate...want to leave some creative points in...if i want full dead on accrate then it is like building a big giant gundam kit to macth the box art...hahaha

will start another thread on the armor once it gets here.

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:09 am

mosske wrote:...renzaijh(Daniel) and GetzJedi(Desmond) are my brothers and we love each other!
Oh yeah.... We LOVE each other...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

mosske

Post by mosske » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:16 am

GetzJedi wrote:Oh yeah.... We LOVE each other...
Yes, but in the manly, straight brotherly way! hahaha
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:11 pm

mosske wrote:
Yes, but in the manly, straight brotherly way! hahaha
hehe i hope so.....
"The Darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural.....is it possible to learn those powers? YES, Not from a Jedi..."

Return to “Props and Replicas”