My ROTJ Webslinger EE-3 Blaster, A Classic Revisited

Discuss your props and replicas here

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

TD 6325

My ROTJ Webslinger EE-3 Blaster, A Classic Revisited

Post by TD 6325 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:56 am

Hey Imperials,

Just thought I'd share some pics of my EE-3 ROTJ Blaster. Got this from the Webslinger himself a long time back and been with me ever since. You could say that it's the start, and my first Fettgear acquisition, of my Fett build.

Resin cast of a Webley base gun, PVC pipe for the main barrel, resin greeblies, resin fins and T-Fins [I used real rubber T-Fins from Blastech instead. :)], resin grips [damaged mine and bought real world Webley Grips instead as well.], machined aluminum stock bracket and a real wood stock. Scope was gotten off Ebay and works! In all, a sweet kit.

I had a great time putting this Kit together and sourcing the various upgrades to get it more real. And I kid you not but this EE-3 weighs some, but gives, IMHO, a nice heft and feeling to it. :lol

That said, enjoy the pics...and stay safe.

Tim.
BH6325, The Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter
"He's No Good To Me Dead."

yen

Post by yen » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:23 pm

Lovely acquisition there! I love the aged metal treatment with the wood stock just tops it off. The look is enough to telll you it weighs nasty.
Thanks for sharing!

TD 6325

Post by TD 6325 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:05 pm

Thanks Yen. I like it. :)

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:27 pm

Very nice ROTJ EE-3 Tim.

But shouldn't the grip plate on the left side (looking from the back of the blaster) be removed to make it screen accurate?

And the t-tracks (or t-fins as you call them) on the original prop were not made of rubber, contrary to popular believe. They were extruded ABS tracks, as confirmed by the experts over at the RPF in 2005, after I accidentally found the closest thing to the original tracks: LINK (my ID over there is SaberFreak)

GINO is currently making a more accurate run of these tracks, extruded from ABS like the original: LINK

TD 6325

Post by TD 6325 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:35 am

Plo,

Yes it should...that said, I never did state it was screen accurate, just more real. 8) In fact, the D-Bracket is missing a part as well...and my scope rings are not the same as the original.

As for the supposed original T-Track, I'll just stick with my rubber T-fins. Better grip and alot more comfortable.

Return to “Props and Replicas”