Stormtrooper TE helmet

Discuss your props and replicas here

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:46 pm

got this info from sgcollect...

"Just take a train to Mongkok, there you have Richmond shopping center and CTMA center within walking distance. Both these places are toy heaven. CTMA center is where Toys Hunter resides.

CDMA at Mongkok (good for most other Jap, vinyl, gashopon stuff - minimal SW)
No. 188 Wan Chai Road (a very obscure plaza but has lotsa electronics and toy shops - think CSC and Far East compressed into half the size - one shop " 188Empire" has the single largest SW collection for sale, including kotos and MRs) - look for the shop address number to find.

Tai Yuen Street just outside Wan Chai Exit A3 has 3 side shops (got my tac ops troopers and holo plo there)

Just got back from HK today! Hey, HK is a great place to get toys! Some of the the toys are cheaper!

If anyone is heading there, you can check out toys at:

a) CTMA Centre@Mongkok
- Gotta checkout the floors above and below! I only explored the basement shops on my last 2nd day and there are still alot of toy shops there! Didn't see much zoids there though. Kamen riders, transformers, ultraman, guyver, saint seiya, hottoys, star wars, LOTR, medicom, macross can be found there.

- 12" fans can find a good selection of the latest figures from Toy Hunters at level 3.

- Good 1/48 macross deals at basement.

UML Hobby@Mongkok
- It's at the corner where Dundas Street and Nathan road meets. Not too many zoids - saw the soul liger, sword wolf and a few others. But prices are cheaper! Gundam model kits, macross, WWII 12", lego, plane & tanks model kits, guyver etc.

c) Sogo@ Causeway Bay

d) Toyzone@Causeway Bay
- It's at #16 of the Causeway Bay Commercial Bldg at No.3 Sugar Street. Lots of toys there. Saw a dibison going for S$170+. Loads of toys!
- Transformers, gundam, kamen riders, better selection of Star Wars, some zoids, matrix, predator and many more!

e) Causeway Bay Shopping Centre
- Lots of toy stops there but they were closed when i was there during early afternoon. Should visit at evening time.

f) Hobby store opposite CTMA Centre@Mongkok
- Window has lots of Gundam model kits.

g) Shopping centre at the end of Dundas St and Fa Yuen St @ Mongkok
- Has toyshops but i did not see zoids as i was browsing pretty fast.

h) 188 Plaza @ Wanchai
- Lots of manga stores. DVD and VCD. Some toy shops there too. It's some distance from the Wanchai MTR. There's a shop there selling Star wars toys like Kotobukiya and MR. But dun expect a Simply Toys!

Must visit is the CTMA Centre and Toyzone. Hope this is helpful for the next hunter that goes HK!"

Yen, i'm sorry if this' a bit out of topic...
ImageImageImage

yen

Post by yen » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:28 pm

Henry,
Great you just made it very informative! Soon this thread will become sticky!

SC,
How come your kids already on school holiday so soon meh? I also want to be tempt by the lady boss. You got her phone number?

Erase, Paul,
Reminds me of my stomie potato head. His eyes also pops easily! :shock:

Jedi_slayer

Post by Jedi_slayer » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:25 pm

[quote="yen"]Henry,
Great you just made it very informative! Soon this thread will become sticky!

SC,
How come your kids already on school holiday so soon meh? I also want to be tempt by the lady boss. You got her phone number?
quote]

Bros Yen, Henry, Paul,
I have put up HK toy buying experience under Awwee's thread so that this thread will not go out of topic..
viewtopic.php?p=25974#25974

Yen, the weekend immediately after my children's exam, we flew. :) You can find the lady boss' info in the link.
Star wars is a used Universe!

Return to “Props and Replicas”