EP2 Clone Pilot Bucket

Discuss your props and replicas here

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

StrikeEagle

Post by StrikeEagle » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:50 pm

Amazing collection you got there! And the bit you are making looks pretty spot on. wonderful work!!!

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:42 pm

renzaijh wrote:Great work. What you have is better than the cannisters provided by the prop maker. Are you assembling the full costume or is this a helmet/chestbox for display?
I'm leaning toward building up the whole suit but I very much doubt that I'll troop in Clone Pilot too often as the bucket is in my opinon, rather fragile. You'll understand once you see the bucket. So, perhaps in a year's time if I'm lucky, the clone pilot will be done.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:44 pm

StrikeEagle wrote:Amazing collection you got there! And the bit you are making looks pretty spot on. wonderful work!!!
I think that the connector is too big but finding the black hose in a smaller diameter is not easy.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

StrikeEagle

Post by StrikeEagle » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:16 pm

Other than the size, I think its very close. To look for something similar by itself is already not an easy task.

So, I can imagine how hard it is to find a perfect match and some hardware shops kept every small items behind the counter so one cannot browse easily. :?

The hose on the screenshot does looks like those old bicycle brake grommets. However, I never seen one so long before. I would try the bicycle and motor bike shops.

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:41 pm

Paul, for the black corrugated hose you can try using those tubes call 'wire loom' which are used to organise wires together. They come in a few sizes and I think the 0.75" diameter one would be perfect for your helmet.

These wire loom have a slit right down the centre but you can always insert a smooth tube inside and glue it to that tube.

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:02 pm

Bucket done and weathered. I opted for light weathering. The whole of the back detailing was completely built from scratch.

Merry Christmas everybody.

Now it's onto the chest box. More work there.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:15 pm

Turn out great IMHO. ;) A GREAT Job well-done! :D

Return to “Props and Replicas”