EP2 Clone Pilot Bucket

Discuss your props and replicas here

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:53 pm

The chestbox is fiberglass as well and it's hollow. Should have shot the reverse side as well. I have an idea of how to rig it to the chest armour so that it opens and closes.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

Jedi_slayer

Post by Jedi_slayer » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:34 pm

Paul, great stuff! can share what is the cost of the bucket n chestbox + shipping?

Any plan to get the armor as well? (Don too?) Petty lonely being lone clone. :)
Star wars is a used Universe!

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:30 pm

Bro, you won't be lonely for too long. More clones enroute. The RAW kit was USD $305 with shipping. I would highly recommend getting a built-up version and not the kit. I'm kicking myself for the amount of work I'm having to put into this bucket. It's a love hate relationship right now but it's slowly coming together. I'm still having to do some putty work as you build up the coats and then discover another darn pinhole.

Not much work done this weekend. Just dumped the first coat of white.

Clone Pilot Vs EPIII Clone Trooper

Foam Belt and rotocast shoulder, elbow and knee straps.

Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

yen

Post by yen » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:19 am

So much for running multiple projects they are dragging you down no?. Why don't you send the kit to me I can end your misery immediately? I have a samsung to make sure it is carbonized and locked away for good. Oh ya patch up the pinholes before you send ok? :lol:

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:41 am

Haha. You have not seen the Death Star Gunner bucket yet, and the TK, RC, BARC costumes in various stages of development...oh wait a minute, wrong trooper...it's Keith! :lol:

But seriously, I have a Death Star Gunner helmet in putty stage.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

yen

Post by yen » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:51 am

Paul K wrote:Haha. You have not seen the Death Star Gunner bucket yet, and the TK, RC, BARC costumes in various stages of development...oh wait a minute, wrong trooper...it's Keith! :lol:

But seriously, I have a Death Star Gunner helmet in putty stage.
:shock: :shock: :shock: My captain Keith also turning clone? :(

You guys are the worst of the fanatics! Maybe I start planning on a death star project to house all the goodies! Muahaha....

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:25 pm

Yup, it'll called the Imperial Costume Depot and is located in Upper Thomson. Space rental is 200 Imperial Credits per costume cubicle and don't even think about offering Republic credits. :lol:
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

Jedi_slayer

Post by Jedi_slayer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:45 pm

Holy! CO is cloning himself to manage everything - Legion, Career, Family and Armory!
Star wars is a used Universe!

erase

Post by erase » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:16 am

Cos the moment you joined 501st... is like you have already sold yourself to the dark side.... :twisted:
Jedi_slayer wrote:Holy! CO is cloning himself to manage everything - Legion, Career, Family and Armory!
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:36 pm

Bucket parade. Only 1 is at 100%.

Finished the masking and painting for the yellow area and tested how the mirror finish visor would look on the Pilot. Heated the visor to form it to fit the bucket.

Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:21 pm

Main bulk of the painting has been completed.

This image is with the dark grey lens.

This is with the mirror lens.

Working on the hose connectors and decals next.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

donleow

Post by donleow » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:21 pm

cool man CO...i think we have evolve to next level of imperial costuming hobby...bucket collecting. i m also just acquire a bacara hopefully it make it to the shore

cool man
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:07 am

Nice. That's really cool.. I have a suggestion, if you'd give it an idea. Ya'know that Hasbro set of Arc-170 Pilots? The ones' wearing the clone trooper armor, and not the pilot armor? The ones with the cool markings? Maybe with the regular clone armor you could make one of those into a helmet and armor, ya'know? It'd be cool, having two different versions of a pilot outfit. 8) :D

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:57 pm

Now onto the hose connectors.

After looking at stills from the DVD, I decided to scratch build the connectors.

Here is the DVD still. I lighten and lowered the contrast on the still a bit in the hope that details would show up better.

I started by looking for the components and found some that would form the base of my connector. This took a while combing through hardware shops. It's a decent "look-a-like" to the CGI hose connector and while it's not dead-on, it's good enough for me.

This is the trial fit of all the componets to form the hose connector. I just used blue tac to hold the various parts together to see if the end product looked decent.

I then drilled holes into the area of the mohawk back and inserted the hose connector assembly. Compare it against the DVD still. Bear in mind that no painting has been done yet. Everything is raw.

Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:27 pm

Great work. What you have is better than the cannisters provided by the prop maker. Are you assembling the full costume or is this a helmet/chestbox for display?

Return to “Props and Replicas”