Jango Fett Version 2: Upgrades

Discuss your props and replicas here

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

mandalorianBleahhh

Jango Fett Version 2: Upgrades

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:37 pm

fianlly upgrading the suit!

And they say u can find ANYTHING in the Land of Thousand smiles:

A whole roll of braided leather to make a new Girth belt at only $30! Its considered i steal i guess, coz locally it would cost more then $60......

With a more accurately colour flightsuit on the way (thnks to desmond and Dan!), alot work is expected!!
"In my books; Experience outranks everything"

erase

Post by erase » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:41 pm

yeah...it seems Jango will be out again in NO time... The last seen of Jango if I remember correctly was Exercise Blow candle, right???!!!

Good Job...can't wait for it... :)
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:14 pm

erase wrote:yeah...it seems Jango will be out again in NO time... The last seen of Jango if I remember correctly was Exercise Blow candle, right???!!!

quite right! cant wait to b deployed!

erase

Post by erase » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:21 pm

mandalorianBleahhh wrote:
erase wrote:yeah...it seems Jango will be out again in NO time... The last seen of Jango if I remember correctly was Exercise Blow candle, right???!!!

quite right! cant wait to b deployed!
At Least something to keep you busy in the meantime... will be ready by this coming month end road show??? :)

redandblue

Post by redandblue » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:13 pm

hey jacen! you will soon have a fellow mandalorian brother trooping with you!

im getting my jango armor pieces soon and they come unpainted,so im doing a custom mando bounty hunter suit =)

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:03 am

redandblue wrote:hey jacen! you will soon have a fellow mandalorian brother trooping with you!

im getting my jango armor pieces soon and they come unpainted,so im doing a custom mando bounty hunter suit =)
haa seems liek u wan a piece of everything.

But a word of caution: Madalorians take a load more work (and research) then any of the clones / imperial forces. so do ur work well!

anyway, where u getting ur armor frm? any pics?

redandblue

Post by redandblue » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:41 pm

yeah! idid alot of reseearch lah! being mando is cool! you get to custom paint anything!! But i need to find a source for the ammo pouch though,and no pics yet

erase

Post by erase » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:53 pm

redandblue wrote:hey jacen! you will soon have a fellow mandalorian brother trooping with you!

haa seems liek u wan a piece of everything.

But a word of caution: Madalorians take a load more work (and research) then any of the clones / imperial forces. so do ur work well!

anyway, where u getting ur armor frm? any pics?
Jacen, you can always be his mentor... :)

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:21 pm

erase wrote:
i wont be too quick to agree.....

Redandblue: so hows the clone coming along? I would rather u complete ur clone project, then work on a mandalorian.....only then, will i say u are ready!

erase

Post by erase » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:09 pm

erase wrote:
i wont be too quick to agree.....

Redandblue: so hows the clone coming along? I would rather u complete ur clone project, then work on a mandalorian.....only then, will i say u are ready!
True!!! Very True...for a perfect costume is not just you wore once and then is done...up today...mY sandie is still under correction...and towards...perfect...this should be the way...

JediJean

Post by JediJean » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:52 pm

Yeah, this applies for a non-armour costume like Padme's white Geonosis battle suit too... my current costume is version 2.0 and still missing the cape, so it's still not quite perfect... and if I were REALLY picky, I'd also say that the silver armbands and shinguards also need working on... plus, I could always use a new pair of white boots, 'cos somehow the leather always gets worn out quite fast... so yeah, give each of your costumes some time... in my opinion, work on one costume at a time, and get it done to a reasonably satisfactory level BEFORE you move on to something else.
________
Herbal health shop
Last edited by JediJean on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

erase

Post by erase » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:32 am

JediJean wrote:Yeah, this applies for a non-armour costume like Padme's white Geonosis battle suit too... my current costume is version 2.0 and still missing the cape, so it's still not quite perfect... and if I were REALLY picky, I'd also say that the silver armbands and shinguards also need working on... plus, I could always use a new pair of white boots, 'cos somehow the leather always gets worn out quite fast... so yeah, give each of your costumes some time... in my opinion, work on one costume at a time, and get it done to a reasonably satisfactory level BEFORE you move on to something else.
Look who's talking there...is the expert view... :o :)

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:05 am

Hi William, I do have to agree with the rest of the guys here to take it slow and finish one costume before you move on. This would make the third costume within a six month period that you have/gone through. I don't wish to squash your energy and drive for costuming but seeing as you had difficulties walking and your calf armour kept having to be readjusted during the yellow ribbon project event, it's far better to fix the problem areas on your EP2 Clone before you move onto some thing else.

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:15 pm

erase wrote:True!!! Very True...for a perfect costume is not just you wore once and then is done...up today...mY sandie is still under correction...and towards...perfect...this should be the way...
I'm chime in here with my views. I'll be UPGRADING my existing Tusken Raider head here :

since I know that there are opportunities to ENHANCE its movie accuracy level to this ACTUAL
Sandpeople head prop from SW Ep IV : A New Hope :

I'll be UPGRADING the existing 4 Head Spikes, 2 Eye Stalks and 2 Tusks "Blood Spitters" after I've receive them from a fellow Krayt Clan member.

The MORAL of the Story here like erase and JediJean has shared is that you do NOT wear your costume once and then let it go, BUT you upgrade it from time to time. Got it, redandblue?
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870
Outpost Founding Member and CO Emeritus

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:31 pm

some more progress (much thanks to Reno, who provided alot of help and tools to get it trimmed!):

Return to “Props and Replicas”