Kellogg's Clone helmet on online auction!

Discuss your props and replicas here

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

donleow

Post by donleow » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:00 pm

read my post pal i m saying i bought the same kellog helmet as jedi has previously bought from 9 and not referring to his current blue helmet lah...der.....

and u should know better there is such a process called modification... :roll:

anyway neither u nor me here are clone armour expert here and to say a kellog helmet is harder to get then a rubies afterall and i m happy with what i get...

see this pic and u shall see what i m referring to...the one on the left is kellog and the one on the right is rubies.

TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:42 pm

Hey there Don, you have your work cut out in converting the that bucket. If it does not work, you can turn the helmet upside down and pour the cereal into the helmet and eat cornflakes from it. :lol:

There are some better looking EP2 buckets out there for sure but they are hard to find and upwards of USD $200. Some have been modified using the cornflakes bucket while others are straight sculpts. If anybody needs one, PM me and I'll pass the info on.

donleow

Post by donleow » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:51 pm

lol paul definitely i need that info...is it cereal bucket info lol...i m looking to do one of the conceptual bucket that was showcase in the earlier sw exhibition in orlando...

any info is helpful

talking about that those who has lego u can made one bucket out of it which i found on the net
Clonetrooper helmet

u can find the rest of the lego head bust at the url below

Courtesy of Stuart Immonen website...very talented artist
http://www.fbtb.net/stuart/
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:56 pm

Yo Don, you just hit 500 post! :P

The info that I have is for a more accurate EP2 Clone Trooper helmet than the cornflakes bucket.

But if you are going to mod what you have to another type of helmet, I would just use the Kelloggs to start. That way, in case anything goes wrong, not so hurtful on the wallet. :lol:

donleow

Post by donleow » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:03 pm

Paul thks and i didnt know that i hit 500 and that makes this post more memorable as 501st posting..then..:)

i don; mind having the original info as well if u have any since i need to refer to the original for some of the parts...

guys don; get me wrong i m only doing bucket and have no intention to buy the rest of armour as of now...lol promise my CFO that i cut down on costuming for sure ..only agreement is that i can collect helmets if there are any...
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:13 pm

Don, I'll email you the info. But check what Bailey from Clonetroopers Detachment did to his Kelloggs. Non canon but simply amazing.

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:33 pm

donleow wrote:Awee
that 2 clone helmet are actually from kellogs helmet...
http://clonetroopers.net/Forum/index.ph ... 3044&st=20

I am not talking about a rubies at all...
Look at the low mohawk on the helmet and u can see the total difference it had from a kelloggs that is higher.

Compare between the blue kelloggs and the two weathered clones

Mohawk- different
Beak- different

All I was saying is that there is a better looking EP2 clone helmet call the C6 out there. Since you say that I know about modification. Trust me... the helmet above is not a kelloggs or a rubies... let's no start on rubies...

Anyway. I sent out some emails.... the truth will be out soon...
Last edited by Awwee on Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:12 pm

Yo Awwee, i had heard that C6 original was all sold out and that one of the six buckets that were made had got into a re-casters hands. Hence the six. heh.

Don, here is a picture of the CGI clones and JM's bucket. It's very close to the screen. One thing I noticed is that the Kelloggs front face looks rather flat and the mohawk is a bit too small. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Paul K on Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 9 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:41 pm

Juz saw this on ebay...looks like a kellogg's but i could be wrong. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Clone-Arc ... dZViewItem

And if anybody's keen...ep3 shock helm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Clone-Sho ... dZViewItem

donleow

Post by donleow » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:44 pm

aiya all the talks about getting the original it doesnt affect me....afterall we can always mod it...so Awee don; know where u coming from really, be it authentic or not , we know AOTC clones are computer generated so nothing is exact for real....we should be happy with what we got for now and the way u sound is like u are discouraging people getting other bucket despite and regards them as non-canon and though i know u well personally and know ur thoughts, i think u should more or less give chance to those newcomers who read our post and probably interested to get the bucket but seems like u scaring them away with ur rigidity of getting canon helmet...costume is about fun so let;s just relax ....is quite pointless to argue afterall what u and me have based on are some other prop makers costume...and to me this is good for reference only
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:47 pm

Hi 9, yup, the EP2 ARC/Clone bucket is a flake, cornflake that is. The seller has done a nice paint job on it :lol:

I was thinking about getting a Keloooggggs too and doing some customizing to it so that it becomes something else. Even the cool work done by Bailey (piks posted in an earlier post) is quite nice, even though it's non-canon but that's all right too.

I think that there is enough room here on starwars.sg for both hardcore/screen acurate and casual costumers.
Last edited by Paul K on Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

donleow

Post by donleow » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:49 pm

well said paul...all these buckets are just based on computer generated image ...and definitely i don; want to stop the discussion topic on this bucket like what it happens in clonetroopers.net...that is for professional prop maker and i aint one.
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Post by 9 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:41 pm

One thing is bout accuracy, another important thing is...

if the helmet fits your head! haaa

if i had the rubies, i wouldnt be able to wear it....kellogg's fit me juz nice only. :O

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:22 pm

Yah man 9! So darn true about the fit.

donleow

Post by donleow » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:19 pm

haha 9 u r damn right about size...it will make no sense if the bucket is of superb quality while in the end it can't be worn and to end up as yet another display...u earn my respect putting this note :P
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Return to “Props and Replicas”