Snow has fallen in singapore - teaser

Discuss your props and replicas here

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:01 am

donleow wrote:i enlarge it..original cut is just too small...i bet u can; see like me since i believe u are working on one
Thanks for the clarification don or shall I call you TS 3132? :wink:

I'll embark on my project at the later part of this year. Due to job commitments I'm unable to get started since I work in another state nowadays from Mondays to Fridays. Here is a pictorial representation of what I acquired in kit form :

Good thing that the visor is uncut hence I CAN control the size of the eye holes when I start on my Snowtrooper Commander / Trooper project, which is naturally from the top down. I'll be benchmarking my end result to this pic here :

TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870
Outpost Founding Member and CO Emeritus

donleow

Post by donleow » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:46 am

if u r doing ur commander version then i urge u better make smaller eyes area ...cos if u look carefully at the ILM display..the one they are showcasing will be troopers version, and the lens area are alot of wider...this is also one of the way to differentiate between commanders and troopers apart from the chest part which i later found out reading up some of the material...didnt know the visor differences make up for the commanding rank too...also one more thing to note, only commanders have greeblies on both side while troopers doesnt have...so take note of the detail

i have to made a bigger lense cos despite the fan, the mask still fog cos is just damn hot wearing this thing...so making the larger lense will allow less fogging built up cos afterall to me is a fan made item...so nothing is as canon as what the film is trying to present...and last but not least, once ur item is completed submit it to blizzardforce and get the various CO and site admin to verify for u the authencity ...this way u can avoid ur application being shot down and with those big names from CO who did the snowtroopers and their advice u can never go wrong..

all the best and these is what i can share with u for now...

i realized u short of one hardpart...thermal detonator similar to what stormtrooper is using..this is found in both commander and trooper

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:17 am

Don, appreciate the useful tips that you have given me especially on these details, which I can see that you have done your study of the ILM prop well :

i. Size of the eye openings that differentiates a Commander from a regular Blizzard Force Trooper

ii. The greeblies on both sides of the Helmet

Yep the cannister or Thermal Detonator is not included with my Hoth Snowtrooper Prop kit. This is the part that I will have to scratch build on my own, something which I'm confident that I'm up to the challenge having built a complete Tusken Raider costume from scrath with some help from good o' Jeff Allen of Studio Creations fame.

I noticed that another detail that differentiates a Commander with the regular trooper is the material and shape of the muffler. The Commander's appeared to be have been *Starched* whilst the regular troopers have more leeway to being crumpled.

BTW did you tailor make the "duster" part of your Snowtrooper Uniform? How about your boots are they genuine Canadian mukluks that most of everyone in the 501st Legion's Blizzard Force is using? Hope you won't mind sharing further on these 2 essential items of a Snowtrooper / Commander. Thanks. :)
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870

donleow

Post by donleow » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:46 am

Yes overlord

Okie sory didnt understand if u r referring the " duster " as the cowl on the helmet or the wool overall...

if it is cowl on the helmet,
that is pvc leather...can;t follow exactly like the movie prop for 2 reason, that is a melted thick plastic sheet since during lucas time, PVC just invented and expensive.

for the wool coat overall
that is been supplied out of good will by the seller...

for the boots information

troopers boots differs from commanders which if u are doing the commanders version, u are better off with searching the right model...i seen one in pertaling jaya ( sory if spelling mistake) in KL ...trooper's boot is an canadian artic troops snow boots and yes this is 501st recognized boots...is really meant for blizzard weather environment . Yours is more to a mukulus type which i have attached pic and hope it helps u...notice the saw edge on the boots bottom on the movie prop pics..
reference pic of the commanders i have

this is a member pic who did a commander outfit - recalled correctly should be badlands CA garisson member

alternatively u can come to sportmansguide.com to find ur boots, i found one closely match which u can refer to the following the smaller boots on the right

all the best in ur journey to being blizzard...for ur info there are 7 snowtroopers + commanders in total for asia

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:25 am

donleow wrote:for the boots information

troopers boots differs from commanders which if u are doing the commanders version, u are better off with searching the right model...i seen one in pertaling jaya ( sory if spelling mistake) in KL ...trooper's boot is an canadian artic troops snow boots and yes this is 501st recognized boots...is really meant for blizzard weather environment . Yours is more to a mukulus type which i have attached pic and hope it helps u..
Hi don,

Thanks for sharing the info. First the correct spellingg is Petaling Jaya, but no worries about the spelling error. :wink: But what is more important is do you still have the NAME of the shop where you have seen the White Snow Boots that you have mentioned. Also after posting the Snowtrooper Commanders in the Blizzard Force thread in the Blizzard Force forums, I learned that the Strapped Mukluk type of boots is more applicable to Snowtrooper Infantrymen. Snowtrooper Commanders wear White Boots that fit this description, "white moon boots or biker scout boots (no ankle strap or holster)"

..alternatively u can come to sportmansguide.com to find ur boots, i found one closely match which u can refer to the following the smaller boots on the right

:roll: :roll:

Look at the pics, the White Boots on the Right matches what was used as the LFL prop for the Snowtrooper Commander. The pic of these 2 White Boots, are they from www.SportsmanGuide.com as well?

all the best in ur journey to being blizzard...for ur info there are 7 snowtroopers + commanders in total for asia
Thanks Don. Already 7, then the other 6 are from the 501st Japanese Garrison?

Looking forward to troop with you and Reno as well in our Hoth Snowtrooper Gear. 8)
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870

Return to “Props and Replicas”