Ep3 clone helmet

Discuss your props and replicas here

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

redandblue

Ep3 clone helmet

Post by redandblue » Sat May 26, 2007 7:12 pm

Hey guys! I just got my Ep3 Clone helmet! Gonna work on it soon! will post pics later. Any paint jobs you guys recommend? =)

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sat May 26, 2007 7:31 pm

Krylon Spray Paint? :P

Wait, you can't find much of it in Singapore and I'm not going to KL next weekend to get more. :(

Anyhow, just remember the basic steps in painting:
- Clean
- Sand (Rough)
- Primer
- Light Sanding
- Primer
- Light Sanding
- Color
- Color
- Dry Completely
- Finisher
- Dry Completely
- Finisher
- Dry 1 week! :P

I did that to my Jedi Food Pellets and roughly not much problem. It was initially the method recommended to me by some of my fellow IRGs for my IRG Helmet.

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Sat May 26, 2007 10:32 pm

do we really have to use this Krylon spray paint ? what so special with this brand ? i spotted them in Spotlight, no idea of other places. anyway for my jetpack, i used Nippon paint hahaha...
ImageImageImage

redandblue

Post by redandblue » Sun May 27, 2007 1:23 pm

eh, do you guys know where i can find wire gauze/wire mesh and one way films?

redandblue

Ep3 clone helmet

Post by redandblue » Sun May 27, 2007 6:27 pm

Here are the pics..

Before painting

After painting
The aerator part

Detailing of the aerator part.

That's it! I'm going to touch up on detailing the helmet and get lens and work on the interior. I'm also gonna get wire gauze for the aerator part because i actually painted that part grey and used a black marker to detail. So i'm gonna get gauze for that part and for the holes at the nose area..

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Sun May 27, 2007 8:36 pm

finally got urself going..nice...501st?
"In my books; Experience outranks everything"

redandblue

Post by redandblue » Sun May 27, 2007 9:55 pm

hmm. maybe, or i'll keep it plain white first. gonna get it trimmed soon.

redandblue

Post by redandblue » Mon May 28, 2007 11:27 am

Here are the vent decals. Please note that i know that most of them are out of proportion, i trimmed them afterwards!

i just want to know how it looks?

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Mon May 28, 2007 4:48 pm

al13ns wrote:do we really have to use this Krylon spray paint ? what so special with this brand ? i spotted them in Spotlight, no idea of other places. anyway for my jetpack, i used Nippon paint hahaha...
Well, it's the closest brand we can find in Singapore that many Costumers and Props Makers in US had used for theirs successfully.

It isn't perfect but from what I see, seems to be the least kind to react to the materials to be painted as it's safe for plastic. And unlike Nippon Spray Paint, its surface will not "run off" or peeled off or remain sticky like what happened when I tested Nippon Paint on my Jedi Food Pellets years ago.

Unfortunately, except for the Metallic Colors, Finisher and some times Primer, Krylon Colors are hard to find in Singapore. I had to get mine from Malaysia where I also spotted other brands recommended by US Costumers & Props makers.

Now I wish I can go to there again this weekend.....but it's either the trip or parts to complete my current armor and costumes. :cry:

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Mon May 28, 2007 4:53 pm

redandblue wrote:eh, do you guys know where i can find wire gauze/wire mesh and one way films?

Wire Mesh aka the metal kind? Try either the Hardware Stores or Craft Stores. Some handicraft uses the finer and softer kind of Wire Mesh.

For one way film, you try Hardware Stores, especially those "higher end" ones like DIY or Fix-It that also got things for the Cars?

redandblue

Post by redandblue » Mon May 28, 2007 6:07 pm

i got wire gauze. its reallly huge at i got it for 2bucks! anyone needs can get from me. Now i'm looking for lenses.. if i cant find then i'll use the cheap method, acrylic sheets!

Post by 9 » Tue May 29, 2007 12:45 am

redandblue wrote:i got wire gauze. its reallly huge at i got it for 2bucks! anyone needs can get from me. Now i'm looking for lenses.. if i cant find then i'll use the cheap method, acrylic sheets!
metal ones? or?

redandblue

Post by redandblue » Tue May 29, 2007 9:10 am

metal

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Tue May 29, 2007 10:22 pm

Nice helmet, mate! Looks really good..I have a paint scheme Idea, if you want a go for it..You could do Alpha 17's Arc Trooper helmet...The later Arc armor, with the Phase II armor...I bet that bit would look very good..?

redandblue

Post by redandblue » Tue May 29, 2007 10:25 pm

hmm.. thats a good idea but guess i'll keep it white first =) now... WHO'S gonna catch all 6 episodes of starwars on saturday?! and oh crap, i bought the wrong visor lens.. i got reflective silver, like the clones in ep2.. what should i do??

Return to “Props and Replicas”