How to make a Royal Guard (red) suit + helmet?

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:02 pm

lordtyranno wrote:if im that idiot u are referring as, I will buy you and exchange a brand new Don Post helmet for u...untrimmed, unmodified and unpainted.
No no no.....I don't mean you of course! ;) I heard from "someone" about who is the actual culprit who damaged my helmet and even damaged it a 2nd time after you and/or Tim fixed it. I still wonder how lending it to 14 years old boys led to no problem at all but some minor silver stain but lending to someone who is 18++ can have it damaged. :shock:

If it had been you, I would had settle it with you of course since I know you can settle it fair and square.

lordtyranno

Post by lordtyranno » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:28 pm

Hi haldir,

Glad to hear and that there is no misunderstanding between us...

I did pass u SW premier ticket 15 May as part of this helmet (borrow i day) deal, I did ask u to choose the best helmet in my collection and call me if any problems...

I known u for few years and would like to continue treating you as a friend and hope u join us for more events also..

I need your help to run my LOTR forum in MM if u are keen...pm and i will explain more to u...

=)

Post by 9 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:34 am

How much does it costs to get an IRG helmet online? (costs = price of helmet + shipping + additional costs)

Cause i may have a friend's friend who may be able to custom make.... i wanna compare with the online price see which is more feasible. Anybody got the numbers? =)

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:11 pm

9 wrote:How much does it costs to get an IRG helmet online? (costs = price of helmet + shipping + additional costs)
The Don Post IRGs are going for as high as USD200 on Ebay. Shipping from the States should cost an additional USD30.
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Post by 9 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:17 pm

GetzJedi wrote:
9 wrote:How much does it costs to get an IRG helmet online? (costs = price of helmet + shipping + additional costs)
The Don Post IRGs are going for as high as USD200 on Ebay. Shipping from the States should cost an additional USD30.
So roughly its SG$350 total?

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:36 pm

9 wrote:So roughly its SG$350 total?
Yep... But my advice is for you to be patient and wait for a better price... If you are really keen, I'll keep a look out for you...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

donleow

Post by donleow » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:50 pm

if u are asking me i will say red guard is easily attain on internet...but even if ur friend can make a custom build it will still cost the almost the same...

just do some homework if u r serious and u will get what u want...we all been thru the same path and stage and this made owning the costume more meaningful

here is a good bid on ebay u might want to try out...i see that is quite perfect based on the pic
http://cgi.ebay.com/star-wars-prop-Red- ... dZViewItem

Post by 9 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:51 pm

Ah....coz my fren's fren who can make the helmets, say it gonna cost around $500 (paint spraying included)...so i need to compare....unless more people want the same helmet...i dun think his fren wanna charge less, since materials and effort included isn't cheap. :|

donleow

Post by donleow » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:24 am

seriously u mentioned 500 sing or 500 usd cos either way is just too expensive for a custom made and unless he is scruptor himself i doubt anyone can make a good one out of it...sory don; mean to doubt ur friend's capability but i will rather put that money on an existing then a customized one...and what kind of material is he charging u with - fiberglass or ABS plastic...?

Post by 9 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:53 am

erm yah sculptor. so ok...500 range is too expensive. i will note that. Thanx! =)

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:36 am

GetzJedi wrote:
9 wrote:(can accessorize less underneath...lol...no armour...save $)
That's true... You can even be nude beneath... :lol:
:roll:

:lol: :D I second GetzJedi's suggestion. 9 dude that will REALLY HELP you to SAVE further expenses after you have invested in the Red Guard Helmet. Pray that your trooping days will NOT be WINDY days! :twisted:
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870
Outpost Founding Member and CO Emeritus

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:04 pm

Mine was shipped for USD41 from US 4 years ago (helmet was only USD45) but I think I was ripped off a bit as GT quoted me a lower price (USD30+) for the same mode of shipping (Global Priority) and my helmet arrived in a plastic bag and box with a much lower postal price.

Anyhow, DP helmet on eBay will remain in the USD100-200 price range even for a "damaged" one. Been observing DP IRG helmet whenever I go online and the final price hardly ended up less than USD100++++ so all out of budget......

Return to “The Academy”