Star Wars themed wedding banquet

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Lucifer

Star Wars themed wedding banquet

Post by Lucifer » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi everyone,

Firstly, apologies if this is an inappropriate section to be posting this in. Mods, please move the thread if you deem fit.

I will be having my wedding banquet in December this year, and I finally got my other half to agree on a Star Wars themed banquet! Have been brainstorming for ideas and possibilities for a while now. For now, we have done up a "save the date" card with star wars fonts and theme. Haven't quite decided what we will be wearing, but I am heading down to No 1 Costume to source for appropriate gowns/costumes for my wife (such as Padme's gowns).

Anyone able to give some suggestions on how I can provide lightsabers or simple costumes to at least the brothers and bridesmaids without costing a bomb? Also, was thinking if I'll be able to invite atnyone from the 501st to make an appearance? I recall seeing life-sized R2D2 at one of the comics con... Not sure if I will be able to rent/borrow?

In addition, we're planning to do up a video with the typical Star Wars introduction... Will be grateful if anyone else can give more suggestions as to how I can make it an awesome Star Wars themed banquet!

Thanks!! :D

Haldir

Re: Star Wars themed wedding banquet

Post by Haldir » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:30 pm

Lucifer wrote:I will be having my wedding banquet in December this year, and I finally got my other half to agree on a Star Wars themed banquet!
Congrates! Image

Lucifer wrote:Haven't quite decided what we will be wearing, but I am heading down to No 1 Costume to source for appropriate gowns/costumes for my wife (such as Padme's gowns).
Well, the last I checked a few years back, No. 1 Costume Costume have AOTC Padme Black Dinner Dress (or something that can pass as one).
But you can also get your wife to wear something that looks similar to any of Padme's or Senators Outfits; a little Padme-like Accesories or Hairdo will help to make it resemble her Outfit more. ;)
If I remember correctly, Leia and Mara Jade did wore "modern" looking Gowns for their Wedding.

Lucifer wrote:Anyone able to give some suggestions on how I can provide lightsabers or simple costumes to at least the brothers and bridesmaids without costing a bomb?

For the Bridemaids, you can use "Store" Bought Bridemaid Outfits (simple long dress in Pastel Colors?) and maybe throw some Mute Color Velvet-like Cloak on them to resemble Queen Amidala/Padme Handmaidens. They can carry a simple flower bouquet each.
Or look to the "simple" Outfits wore by the other Senators in Star Wars for some inspiration on what Modern-Looking Outfits the Bridemaid can wear (and later if purchased, use it for attending Dinner or Formal Events ;) )

The Brothers can wear both Jedi Knight Outfits (can rent from Costume Shop but try to go for Non-Rubies Costumes like from No. 1 Costume Costume or even Pan-In-The-Box) or something resembling a Smuggler like Han Solo's or even Jumpsuit with Utility Belt. ;)
For the Lightsabres, well, if going for FX, then no choice need to borrow from some people.
Cheapo alternative is to paste Bright Reflective Stickers to Broomstick handle and made the Hilt "Thicker" :lol:
Lucifer wrote:Will be grateful if anyone else can give more suggestions as to how I can make it an awesome Star Wars themed banquet!
Heehee.....how far you want to go? :twisted:

For a start, can play all those Star Wars Theme (the Instrumental ones!) in the background with the Occasional popular Modern Songs slip in between them. ;)

Maybe can name each Table, apart from the usual Numbering (for easy remembering for non-SW Fans Guests) after a Planet or Species from Star Wars.

The Dishes can be given "Star Wars Names" like Stewed Bathan (Beef? Mutton?) or Aunt Beru's Pudding (Eg Bread Pudding) or Dagobah Juice (Fruit Punch) with the real name of the food put in bracket beneath the Star Wars Name. ;)

Decoration-wise, with the Prequel Movies, it's okay to go for regular Plants and Flowers as Display. Can say the Decor is inspired by Naboo.

Other than that, you can do a little search online for more inspiration on what others had done. Here're some cool ones I found so far ;)

Nadia & Dale's wookiee boogie Star Wars wedding
http://offbeatbride.com/2011/05/austral ... rs-wedding

This Star Wars wedding is perfectly normal, not weird at all
http://thechive.com/2009/08/21/this-sta ... 22-photos/

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:21 am

Hey Lucifer!
Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

Saw you PM and will reply to it in a bit.

MTFBWY!
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

Lucifer

Post by Lucifer » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:45 pm

Thanks for the replies guys!

I'll be heading down to No 1 Costume this weekend....

Thanks, Haldir! I'll update here once more details are confirmed...

Yup I received your reply, assjedi! :) Thanks!

Return to “The Academy”