Royal Guards (ROTJ) Deleted Scene - New angles, new insights

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

domz

Royal Guards (ROTJ) Deleted Scene - New angles, new insights

Post by domz » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Hi folks,

TR5932 a.k.a. Warren R Jacobsen a.k.a. Darth Skellington has uploaded some stills from the Jerjerrod v Vader deleted scene in ROTJ:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48811827@N ... 562017935/

These stills come from previously unreleased angles. In addition to what we already know (RGs serve the Emperor so loyally that they are willing to risk/lose their lives enforcing the Emperor's will against Darth Vader), the stills reveal the following costuming information:

Minor ROTJ RG Info

The U-drape on the robes
The overall shape of shoulder fit on the robes
The upper extent of the arm slit
Fabric gloves (not much to see)
Belt/sash (not much to see)
Some pike pommel
Pike rasp with a seemingly hollow tip

Important but Well-known ROTJ RG Info

RG visors are RED.

Possibly-earth-shattering ROTJ RG Info

The RGs are standing with the pike down, i.e., holding the pommel in a "reverse" grip, somewhat like the Kotobukiya figure. This could be a purely directorial decision for filming purposes, or it could be a legitimate canonical in-universe thing ... or it could be the reason why the scene was deleted.
TR 7248
Legion Events Co-ordinator

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:57 pm

Hmmm....hope screencaps of the scene pop up soon so can see clearer. ;)

Darn...making me itch to do IRG again but that means I have to redo EVERYTHING now especially that I want to use REAL Velvet for the Cloak. @_@

domz

Post by domz » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:34 pm

Haldir wrote:Hmmm....hope screencaps of the scene pop up soon so can see clearer. ;)

Darn...making me itch to do IRG again but that means I have to redo EVERYTHING now especially that I want to use REAL Velvet for the Cloak. @_@
Well, I guess someone will soon have the software/knowhow to screencap from Blu-Ray. It's on Bonus Disc 2 "Jerjerrod's Conflict".
TR 7248
Legion Events Co-ordinator

Return to “The Academy”