Help needed

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

darth nacho

Post by darth nacho » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:14 am

wow i have not posted for a long time in the public forum.

ok here are my 2 cents about VT armor and what is the main goal for our armor use.

1-this hobby/group is not about spending how much money to get the best suit or most accurate set. 501st is about charity first above all else. VT is the best value for your buck. and what we do with it is for charity. You can go for FSID with VT set. Or like some of us waiting for it to go TD...haha.

VT was not my first. I had my clone shock armor (China copy) as my first set and it was a money pit and still is....i give up...haha. VT was a dream armor to work on...no painting...just cut, trim and assemble and done all in one day. Now i also have a TX from a good friend which i love.

2-Comfort level is key. VT is very comfortable. Fully adjustable. I just wish my leg cramp part can be fixed but overall it is the best armor i feel compare to others. I should know since i fainted in my armor before...haha...keith will tell you. There are time where you will be spending 6 plus hours in it so i suggest you make it as comfy as possible. I am putting in a air con unit in this week.

also there are times when you will be ... raped by little ewok and your amor will be abused. and VT can stand up to any abuse.

3-Accuracy is one part but Vt is already accurate enough. When we troop no one can tell which armor type you have because we all look the same bro. abit some minor difference...but to the public they wont be able to tell.

4-When you join the 501st it is about doing charity work. When i put my armor on it is to support my group and to do good charity work. i got mine because i wanted to do good things with it not for collection reasons. It is about the pride in your work and the good things you do.

5-You should feel good about your VT. I had his old batch which is on the old mold...some detail are already worn out...the new guys are lucky...they got the set from the new mold which had better details. if i had more cash flow i would order another set but my wife will kill me for sure...haha.

mosske

Post by mosske » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:08 pm

Jam, basically you will be pleased with the end result. So don't worry. It's exactly the same kit that our troopers are wearing so that should give you a good idea.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

jarrodstone

Post by jarrodstone » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:33 pm

thanks bro... :)

mosske

Post by mosske » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:52 am

Anytime, brother.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Return to “The Academy”