Help needed

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

jarrodstone

Help needed

Post by jarrodstone » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Just received my armor from VT. next I need to assemble it. Question, what equipment do I need to assemble the armor ?

Cheers,

JS

jedi7

Post by jedi7 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:31 pm

heh, u need Keith's house as the equipment!!!
A jedi's ally is the FORce, his strength flows from IT.

jarrodstone

Post by jarrodstone » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:26 pm

jedi7 wrote:heh, u need Keith's house as the equipment!!!
:lol:

mosske

Post by mosske » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:24 am

Yup, I've got the hardware but you still need to get some stuff for the assembly and strapping.

1. Velcro brand velcro: Get about 5 feet of the wide Industrial velcro in White color. You can get this from HomeFix. Make sure you call ahead to check with the store first bcos its not easy to find now-a-days.

2. Elastic straps. You need to get the wide sort and the slimmer sort. Get 3m of the wider sort (approx 2 inches wide). And get 3m of the slimmer sort of elastic (approx 1.5 inches wide). You can get this from Spotlight.

3. White PVC plastic sheet - A3 sheet or 2 A4 sheets. You can get this from Art Friend.

4. Bottle of Gorrila Super Glue. You can get this from GIANT in Tampines or Autobacs stores. 1 bottle should be enough.

5. Hardhat inner liner for your helmet. You can get this from most hardware stores.

Also...have you got the following yet?
- black dive suit
- black gloves
- boots (from www.tkboots.com)
- neck seal (from eBay. Make sure you measure yr neck circumference before ordering)
- holster
- canvas belt
If you don't have the holster or canvas belt, I can help you with that. I have surplus at my place for new troopers. Its $30 for the holster and $15 for the canvas belt.

Let me know, bro. And we can see how to help you once you get everything. Thing is, i'm not sure when I can host the next armor party since I'll be moving house soon. We might have to do it at our 'workshop' in the East (aka Tyrone's place). LOL.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

jarrodstone

Post by jarrodstone » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:45 pm

ok noted...I am quite dissappointed with the quality of the "armor" from VT :-(

Hello_Ediot

Post by Hello_Ediot » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:20 pm

jarrodstone wrote:ok noted...I am quite dissappointed with the quality of the "armor" from VT :-(
Why whats wrong ?
TK3062 <SLEAZE>
XO Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

mosske

Post by mosske » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:15 am

jarrodstone wrote:ok noted...I am quite dissappointed with the quality of the "armor" from VT :-(
Maybe you can explain since the rest of us are quite happy with his armor. I'm curious.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

jarrodstone

Post by jarrodstone » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:00 am

mosske wrote:
Maybe you can explain since the rest of us are quite happy with his armor. I'm curious.
hmmm... maybe I have a wrong expectation. I will show you when we next meet (24th July) @ Marina Barrage for the Children Society's walk

Skyguy

Post by Skyguy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:56 am

Issit because u find it too flimsy? But don't worry on tat bcos when everything is put together, they are just fine.
:wink:
Andrew Chow - TD 4668 <GOOD DIRT>
501st LEGION
Singapore Garrison
(FISD)

"Always loyal to the EMPIRE"

jarrodstone

Post by jarrodstone » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:28 pm

Skyguy wrote:Issit because u find it too flimsy? But don't worry on tat bcos when everything is put together, they are just fine.
:wink:
Not that. I think I expected that... not sure how to explain :?

Keith ... can you bring the holster and canvas belt on 24th July ?

Cheers.

Jam

jedi7

Post by jedi7 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:16 pm

oh I know....Jam playing charades with us!

I think you didn't expect the amount of work & time & more money needed to assemble the armour? And after all that, its not justifying that the armour will turn yellow in the end & you'll have to put more work for it to become a sandtrooper????? Did I cover all your disappointments?! :? :shock:

Heh, those were mine...but its a hell of a ride once you're wearing it! May the force be with you bro! I'm still slowly (though I want to make it fast) putting my ARF armour. Really hope can make it in time for STGCC. We can build our armour together at Tyrone's place in Loyang as Keith's place may be out of bounds at the moment. How bro?
A jedi's ally is the FORce, his strength flows from IT.

jarrodstone

Post by jarrodstone » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:21 pm

jedi7 wrote:oh I know....Jam playing charades with us!

I think you didn't expect the amount of work & time & more money needed to assemble the armour? And after all that, its not justifying that the armour will turn yellow in the end & you'll have to put more work for it to become a sandtrooper????? Did I cover all your disappointments?! :? :shock:

Heh, those were mine...but its a hell of a ride once you're wearing it! May the force be with you bro! I'm still slowly (though I want to make it fast) putting my ARF armour. Really hope can make it in time for STGCC. We can build our armour together at Tyrone's place in Loyang as Keith's place may be out of bounds at the moment. How bro?
no lah... amount of time needed and $$, that I expect. I contemplated buying from SDS (2x the price but the finishing looks good). somehow I think the the grooves and the edges not as I expected :( . I think maybe I have the wrong expectation. Loyang is good. :) My office is there. when are you guys going over to Tyrone's place ? I will bring all armor with me if time permits.

mosske

Post by mosske » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:41 am

Bro, I think your understanding and expectations are off. What you paid for your armor, is the cheapest for any movie accurate suit out there. SDS is double the price. AP, TE2, Follano and TM cost between USD$950-2k before shipping fee is added. And in my opinion, apart from SDS, VT is the best kit you can get. I'll educate you more when we meet up. Sometimes newbies like you have no idea what to expect. That's where we come in.

On the holster and belt, I'll pass it to you at the event.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

jarrodstone

Post by jarrodstone » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:03 pm

mosske wrote:Bro, I think your understanding and expectations are off. What you paid for your armor, is the cheapest for any movie accurate suit out there. SDS is double the price. AP, TE2, Follano and TM cost between USD$950-2k before shipping fee is added. And in my opinion, apart from SDS, VT is the best kit you can get. I'll educate you more when we meet up. Sometimes newbies like you have no idea what to expect. That's where we come in.

On the holster and belt, I'll pass it to you at the event.
:? ok lah.. see you at Marina Barrage.

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Could be the issue of trimming maybe? Don worry VT is awesome! Just follow the armor vets and Ull be fine! Hope to troop with u soon(:
Stanislaus Low- TK 6893
<ButtSweat>
501st Legion
Singapore Garrison

Return to “The Academy”