Generation X - TK experience

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

mosske

Post by mosske » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:57 am

Another way is to create a pocket on the inside of the chest plate, with a handsfree plugged in. If you are using an iPhone, you can dial out or answer using voice commands.
But still, I always say, just leave it locked in yr suitcase! Thats the safest...or if you need to use yr phone or wallet while trooping, pass it to a minder. Don't take the risk that you may lose something important.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

khstriker

Post by khstriker » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:37 pm

Now waiting for legion to officially approved my TK ID.

Every stormtrooper is required to get approval from 501st Legion.
(need to fill up form & select own preference Legion TK iD)

Singapore Garrison Liaison must approved first.

khstriker

Post by khstriker » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Oh forgot to mention about hall of shame.

You are required to wear your own assembled armor & walk around 200m outdoor to make sure that the armor is intact.

Also to identify any uncomfortable portion of the armor so as to make some trimming & adjustments.

You do not want any part of your armor to give way during trooping.

Skyguy

Post by Skyguy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:53 pm

Keke....I think the walk is much more worth it than the armor falling apart during the first troop. I can't wait for mine. :lol: I might even try to run with it and see which part of the armor I need to trim extensively.

:wink:

Hey Ken, I might need to chk with u on wat I need to do to get the legion to approve me since you have just went through it.

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:33 pm

@skyguy its a simple form that ull be asked to fill up on the website when the command team tells u to! :wink:
Stanislaus Low- TK 6893
<ButtSweat>
501st Legion
Singapore Garrison

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Ok heres a detailed guide for the sound system (without the throat mic)

Heres what u need:
1) $65 Pa Speaker from sin li at lvl 2 of sim lim
2) Cheap Mp3 from sim lim

Ill be going thru the pros n cons of the stated 2 items.

This is the Pa Speaker from sin li at lvl 2 sim lim near the central lift. Its $65 SGD for one and comes with a normal microphone. Its good coz like keith said, it has the aux port for mp3 for the "trooper chatter" that you will be playing on loop thru the cheap mp3.
it comes with a lanyard to wear around ur neck with the speaker hanging. it will go nicely under ur chest plate.

it does not come with AAA batteries so ull haVe to buy 6 aaa batteries separately. Next, it doesnt come with the Aux to aux cable for ur cheap mp3 to be plugged into the speaker so ull need to get that too.

Moving on to the mp3, or in my/tyrone's case the mp4
Untitled by stanthemanlow, on Flickr
Untitled by stanthemanlow, on Flickr

This Mp4 is 2GB and costs $35SGD. its sold just outside sin li where the woman sells the fake apple mp3s. It has a screen to see ur track that ur playing which is good. ull have to charge it for abt 4hrs after getting it.

its good coz its small enuf to be velcroed to ur pouch tts given to u from the PA SPeakers

the cable for mp4 to pc is a usb to aux jack cable that has no problem connecting to pc, BUT may hav problems transferring track to mp4. it says error, however when i unplugged and checked. ITS IN THE MP4. so theres actually no problems when it seems like there is a problem.

Unlike the PA Speakers which have been tested and proven to be trusted, durable and reliable, the MP4 that i bought for myself and tyrone is so far so good but reliability and durability for trooping has yet to be tested.

So, please feel free to try out ur own cheap Mp3s. I read earlier in another post where i found the trooper chatter that the KUBE from 7-11 is a good choice. so buy any cheap mp3 at ur own risk!

Hope this is helpful for u guys, andrew and ken!!
Last edited by stanlow on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stanislaus Low- TK 6893
<ButtSweat>
501st Legion
Singapore Garrison

khstriker

Post by khstriker » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:55 pm

Actually gotten stanlow's accompany throughout the hall of shame.

Thanks pal.

khstriker

Post by khstriker » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:01 pm

So the next step is to fix these speakers to the armor.

Btw which pouch u r referring to?the canvas belt?

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:07 pm

the speaker comes with a lanyard u wear around ur neck! sorry forgot to add that in. will edit. yup so basically u juz wear the speaker around ur neck wif the lanyard :wink:

for the pouch im not sure! we'll have to wait for keith to answer! :wink:
Stanislaus Low- TK 6893
<ButtSweat>
501st Legion
Singapore Garrison

Skyguy

Post by Skyguy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:03 pm

Wow Stan, thks for the detail description of the speaker and MP3s or 4s! Can't wait to get my hands on them! But might need your help to explain and connect them all together cos I'm not a very tech-savvy guy. :oops:

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:45 pm

sure its pretty simple actually! will show u how the next time i see u! :wink:
Stanislaus Low- TK 6893
<ButtSweat>
501st Legion
Singapore Garrison

mosske

Post by mosske » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:04 am

Nice update, Stan.

Ken, 2 corrections first:

1. Its 'Garrison Membership Liason'(GML), not 'Singapore Garrison Liaison'. The GML is the person that either approves yr costume for membership or facilitates the approval process for cases where the Legion Membership Liason(LML) needs to do the approval. The GML does approval for standard canon costumes - characters from the movies. For EU (Expanded Universe) characters, these are approved by the LML through the GML on a special forum. Expanded Universe would cover things like characters that appear only in novels, comics, games, artwork, toys, statues or cartoons. In the case of a standard approval for a stormtrooper, the GML does the approval first, this is then submitted to the LML who will re-affirm, apply the legion 4-digit ID to the application and have that set up in the membership database. Once this is done, a welcome email is then despatched to the new member along with their confirmed legion ID (4-digit number).

2. Its 'Walk of Shame', not 'Hall of Shame'. lol.

Ok, on to the voice-projection system. The Kube was good, except you can't see which track yr playing and the mode setting bcos there is no LCD screen which is why I suggested a player with a screen. The real test for this will be the battery life of the player. Best if it can last at least through a simple 2 hour troop.

Not sure what pouch you are referring to, but the PA-800 Portable P.A. System which Stan bought (the same one I'm using) comes with a black leather-like pouch to hold the speaker. The lanyard clips to the pouch. So what you need to do is hang the speaker around yr neck with the lanyard. It will sit nicely under yr chest plate. The shape of the chest plate helps resonate the sound when it comes out of the speaker, while helping to effectively hide the speaker from view.

Also, another thing to add to what Stan wrote, the PA-800 comes with a wired headset mic which you can use if you don't yet have or don't intend to get the throat mic.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

khstriker

Post by khstriker » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:09 am

Oh no. make 2 mistakes....

Sorry wrong info.

Thanks boss for the corrections.

Will be more mindful in future. :(

mosske

Post by mosske » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:22 am

No worries, brother. All part of the learning process. :)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Skyguy

Post by Skyguy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:42 pm

Just curious, wat do ur wear underneath the divesuit? :wink:

Return to “The Academy”