What To Make: female Imperial Officer black

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

mosske

Post by mosske » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:17 pm

Its near impossible to get it done by Halloween. We have 3 tailors in Singapore that have made Imperial Officer uniforms for our guys - I doubt any of them will be able to rush it out for you in 2 weeks. You can try though.
My advise is not to rush it just for Halloween. This seems to happen every year as Halloween draws near.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:16 am

Getting it by end of the month can be done. But the workmanship will most likely be very bad.

icemann

rent,..borrow.. steal..

Post by icemann » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:17 pm

heyhey

not a good idea have it rushed out..
why dont u email all.. see if someones ok to lend..
theres quite a few of officers in here.. but i dont tink all will be wearing.. maybe u can borrow one for halloween?"

=)
this boy is dangerous
i choose to be happy

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Lord_Angelus wrote:Getting it by end of the month can be done. But the workmanship will most likely be very bad.
Heh, maybe I should add on to it :
Yes, the Tunic and maybe Pants is possible to be done in a short time if you're willing to pay more, willing to BEG your rear off with your chosen Tailor (and of course take one who isn't overbusy right now) and can "tahan" the inaccuracy which hopefully can be fixed later at reasonable price BUT NOT the complete outfit.

Will PM you some infos about how to get some stuffs settled if it's only for Halloween Purposes and you can get the Tunic done in time. ;)
501st-approved-wise, we can settle it slowly as a good idea to get everything almost accurately done initially so less problems later and I'm speaking this from experience. ;)

recon

Post by recon » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:05 pm

Haldir wrote:
Lord_Angelus wrote:Getting it by end of the month can be done. But the workmanship will most likely be very bad.
Heh, maybe I should add on to it :
Yes, the Tunic and maybe Pants is possible to be done in a short time if you're willing to pay more, willing to BEG your rear off with your chosen Tailor (and of course take one who isn't overbusy right now) and can "tahan" the inaccuracy which hopefully can be fixed later at reasonable price BUT NOT the complete outfit.

Will PM you some infos about how to get some stuffs settled if it's only for Halloween Purposes and you can get the Tunic done in time. ;)
501st-approved-wise, we can settle it slowly as a good idea to get everything almost accurately done initially so less problems later and I'm speaking this from experience. ;)
Actually she just need to get the top and hat done and for the bottoms she could use yoga pants. Boots wise just any plain black mid cut boots.

Pants and boots could be done later if she prefers even greater detail and accuracy

Its the accessories that is a headache, belt with correct buckle/disks, code cylinders and rank bar

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:22 pm

Yub yub! ;) Going for "the look" and going for "Legion-Approved" is 2 different things. ;)

And speaking from experiences and seeing how others I know had done their "Ghetto" (but looked "like it" in the public's eyes) and "Assembled from Wardrobe" Outfits, I can give some ideas tho' I won't say I'm the guru for it. :wink:

Accesories-wise, for Halloween or Party purposes, relatively easy to "cheat" and at low cost too if you know where to look for the parts and can spare the time to DIY it. :P
But of course, it may also means everything must be replaced to be Legion Approved. ;)

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:36 pm

I'm using the officer's cap from Costume Base. It's well-made for such a low price compared to getting one made at a tailor. Just replace the imperial disk with a more accurate one. I can't say the same for the belt buckle which is too rounded on the corners and slightly too big in size.

Refer to the following posts for DIY...

viewtopic.php?t=2177
viewtopic.php?p=16796#16796
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

recon

Post by recon » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:08 pm

GetzJedi wrote:I'm using the officer's cap from Costume Base. It's well-made for such a low price compared to getting one made at a tailor. Just replace the imperial disk with a more accurate one. I can't say the same for the belt buckle which is too rounded on the corners and slightly too big in size.

Refer to the following posts for DIY...

viewtopic.php?t=2177
viewtopic.php?p=16796#16796
Yeah i agree, got my belt buckle from VD :) and disks from ET. Joey got hers pretty cheap at USD$3 but lacking details :)

Maybe i should order more for future IDs and maybe my upcoming 'black project' hint hint

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:38 pm

Haahaa....the Disks on my Belt Buckle and Hat is the Hi-Detail ones. :P Think I was the first, if not 2nd person in Singapore using it too. :D

recon

Post by recon » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:34 am

Haldir wrote:Haahaa....the Disks on my Belt Buckle and Hat is the Hi-Detail ones. :P Think I was the first, if not 2nd person in Singapore using it too. :D
Nice one sis, can see you have an eye for details too :)

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:01 pm

Anyone noticed that we've posted so many replies in this thread and Grimzy has gone quiet with only 3 posts within? We're quite a chatty bunch, ya? :lol:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:42 pm

info overwhelming. :lol:

recon

Post by recon » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:58 pm

GetzJedi wrote:Anyone noticed that we've posted so many replies in this thread and Grimzy has gone quiet with only 3 posts within? We're quite a chatty bunch, ya? :lol:
maybe she is busy jotting down tips :)

Grimzy

Post by Grimzy » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:46 am

Sup y'all!

Yeah I'm back, sorry for the AFK, thought I'd chill a bit and get Halloween over with first before I embark on this new project. Did something really simple just for the occasion but I plan to do the said Imperial Officer outfit for the cool end of year events!

I figured it won't be a good idea to rush such an awesome costume and look all frumpy just for Halloween.

So I'm gonna start the grand project now that Halloween is over!

I'm gonna order the hat and scout for boots and things and get that outfit tailored. Planing to get all this done by Dec for EOY.

Haven't read through all your posts but did skim through them! Gonna digest everything slowly : ) Thanks for the help fellahs!

Cheers,
Grimzy

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:07 am

See u at EOY. ^^

Return to “The Academy”