My TK Project.

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

mosske

Post by mosske » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:12 pm

Ohhh! Stormtrooper shop! Yeah, I know the guys.

For those that haven't had the chance to see Stan's neckseal, try to see it when you meet him. It has the correct 10 bands which are accurate to stunt troopers....BUT the material is thin, light and very cooling! Its a good buy in my opinion.

Stan's armor progress: 80%
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:00 pm

@mosske
thanks again Keith. Just stuck on the Velcro for the thigh pieces and cut the velcro for the chest and back plate today. As for the shoulder straps I took of the tape and found it solid but the ends of it which are supposed to be stuck onto the chest plate flare out. Should I glue it and secure it with more tape?

Also just today we received a graded assignment in school whcih would last about 2 weeks!! So I might have to pause for a short moment however in the mean time I can do some adjustments at home. So this Saturday if my parents allow, may be the last day I have free till two weeks time! Will see how it goes!

@evryone
sorry about the pics as it failed to upload from my fone..in the mean time, I'll update u about the progress and the huge amount or majority of the help that I got from Keith! Will upload the pics when I am more free as this week would really be a tough one!!!

Belt was riveted with canvas and holster!(both unpaid for oops!) and measured around the ab and butt plate

Thighs were glued and velcroed
shins were also glued a velcroed also riveted with the knee guard

received suspenders for ab n butt plate system

biceps were glued shut

wrists glued shut and drying now!!!

Basically what's left would be the riveting of the small ammo "belt" for the thigh and also hand plate work for the gloves. Also the making of the "y shirt system" with the chest, back, shoulders an biceps have to be connected together.

Stuff that I have to get: BLASTER!
Still yet to receive my helmet!!
Plastic PVC sheets from art friend(these sheets are to cover up the black gap on the sides from my back ad ab plate)

I guess that's about all for now..or as far as I can recall...much thanks to Keith for spending time on precious weekends n effort into helping me!

Till then, this will be a tough week!!! Will update soon!

mosske

Post by mosske » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:32 am

stanlow wrote:As for the shoulder straps I took of the tape and found it solid but the ends of it which are supposed to be stuck onto the chest plate flare out. Should I glue it and secure it with more tape?
Just leave it, bro. Its a common issue with FX armor. If you heat bend or force the corners to meet perfectly with the curvature of the chest, it will make the ridged pieces look distorted.

You should take pics and share here for everyone to see, bro. Plus I can see that everything is coming along fine.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:17 pm

@mosske

ok. thanks for the advice. also it would be great if i could know which saturdays you are free and ill inform u in advance to finish my armour up as i dont want to take away to omany of ur weekend days!!! thanks n sorry for the trouble!

@everyone

*UPDATE*
got 2 white pvc pieces from art friend today as I was done with the objectives for the day wtih my teacher so i was dismissed early! :P
my phone couldnt transfer the pics thru cable for some funny reason so i emailed my fotos over to my own email!

here are the pics and explainations of what was actually done and other details.

gfg by stanthemanlow, on Flickr
this is the shin armour with the knee guard riveted to the shin piece. befroe the riveting, the shin piece(s) were glued together at the front. I put tape on the inner side coz i was kiasu! :roll: following the gluing using outdoor goop, the whtie industrial strength velcro was then added at the back. then for the left shin piece, the knee guard was riveted to it, and painted whtie using white permanent paint marker.
when the glue was applied, the front was taped in place to prevent any movement of the piece when the glue tries to dry.

lpol by stanthemanlow, on Flickr
next is the thigh armour. same thing was done as the shin armour. The front was glued together first using outdoor goop. following that, the back was velcroed using the white industrial strength velcro. also put tape on the inside coz kiasu! right now, ill be waiting for the next time keith and i would be free for help on riveting the ammo piece on the right thigh piece! the elastics and support system to hold the thigh pieces up also have yet to be done.
just like the shins or any gluing, when the glue was applied, the front was taped in place to prevent any movement of the piece when the glue tries to dry.

098 by stanthemanlow, on Flickr
this is the chest plate and shoulder strap pieces. the shoulder straps were glued with outdoor goop onto the chest piece as shown in the pic. 4 of the bumps should be on the chest piece (overlapping)(glued). , when the glue was applied, the straps were taped in place to prevent any movement of the piece when the glue tries to dry.

looks abit out of proportion though when i took out the tape..mustve been my movement? might have to readjust it...not sure!

jujuj by stanthemanlow, on Flickr

ppp by stanthemanlow, on Flickr

here i encountered this problem of the shoulder strap flaring and sticking up. however as can be seen from the previous post, keith said that its normal for fx armour and that heat bending will make it look worse and out of proportion so i may not have to make changes.

fgh by stanthemanlow, on Flickr

next is the bicep pieces. both sides were glued shut (my preferences) however you can just put tape on the inside without gluing one side and lgue the other side is fine. however me being kiasu, i glued and taped! :twisted:
just like the thighs and shins,,or any gluing, when the glue was applied, the biceps were taped in place to prevent any movement of the piece when the glue tries to dry.

photo by stanthemanlow, on Flickr
last but not least is the belt! keith helped with allot of riveting and supplied the belt part as the belt that came with my supplier was a crappy one..so thanks keith again! have yet to pay for the canvas and holster!! the belt and holster were measured and riveted to the canvas. drop boxes were velcvroed to back of the belt piece before riveting to canvas. the rivets on the belt piece were covered up by gluing small pieces of white plastic.

didnt take any pics of my wrist pieces as they were drying when i took the fotos!! i hope this was informative for anyone interested in making a TK and hope the pics came in handy for a clearer view!hope it helps! :wink:

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:06 pm

*UPDATE*
still have yet to get the dive suit n mic system! saving up!!

helmet has still not arrived!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
wonder what has happened? asked the seller couple of questions and sent him 2 msges regarding the tracking number but there was no reply after he said that he would heck the number. hmm... :roll:
helmet was sent on 8th october as i received the ebay msg that it was sent on the 8th! =P

mosske

Post by mosske » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:05 pm

Actually if it was sent on the 8th, it should be arriving about this period. Its not exactly late so don't panic....yet. Give it until Wed next week. It should arrive by then.

Btw, I spoke to Ann of Simply Toys. They have a whole bunch of stormtrooper blasters (E-11s) in their warehouse. If you want, Ann says they are bringing at least 2 to the the Raffles Place branch next Mon.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:58 pm

hi keith. thnaks for the update. yup ill w8 till next week.
thanks for the update on the blaster! will get it and have some more money for tyhe dive suit!!

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Update! 
Finally done with the pieces of armour thanks to Keith again! 
Ammo for the thigh was riveted on. 
Chests n back plate system was made using the elastics n Velcro
The "t shirt" system of the chest biceps n shoulder plates was made. 
Hand plates were secured with the elastics by heat moulding pieces of PVC plastic on the back of the hand plates!
Thermal detonator can now be secured as a piece of plastic was heat moulded by Keith and glued on tithe detonator to attatch to the back of the belt.

Here's my list of stuff to do before I am 100% done!
-tailor neck seal
-get proper thin dive suit
-adjust suspenders system or improve it
-get blaster with kit
-get a new helmet!!!

Thanks again Keith for spending te time to help!!

I know, for some of you that have been following this journal, you migt be wondering why I need a new helmet since I already have ordered one. Well I received it 2 days ago..and My helmet was really bad! I'll post the full story in a while. 

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:15 pm

hi everyone. here is my rant on the helmet!
this helmet was delayed in transport. ordered on 26th september and received on 4th november. secondly it was not what the picture showed WAY OFF! and the material was NOT fibreblass unlike the item despcription but rather resin! and thats why it cracked up!!

i would be demanding a refund and hopefully the seller would give me a refund. heres why:
DISASTER.
bvvvv by stanthemanlow, on Flickr

if one picture makes you feel bad..how bout more!! =P
tyhhhh by stanthemanlow, on Flickr

nnnnn by stanthemanlow, on Flickr

ccccc by stanthemanlow, on Flickr
MESH WASNT EVEN DONE PROPERLY! glue still all over the place.

photo by stanthemanlow, on Flickr

I had requested for BLACK lenses. he gave me green. and the green lenses are TRANSPARENT and not proper green. they are not even properly cut!

fddf by stanthemanlow, on Flickr
here is the contrast between keiths helmet and mine. i dont even want to call it "my helmet".

well i was very mad when i opened it because it took me about 3 weeks of no eating during reces to save up for that.and it was all GONE. was really insulted that someone could send such a thing and not be honest about the item description and material.

for those of you who owuld want to know about the seller..here is the link and his details:

Name: productivefish
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/productivefish/

link of item description:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... AGB%3A1123

recon

Post by recon » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:47 pm

Bro thats the trouble with stuff from ebay, usually the stuff received is far from the actual product shown. This is the reason, i would recommend to all newbies interested joining the 501st, to approach the garrison for referrals on the purchase of high quality, durable and accurate armor.

Hopefully you can get a refund from the seller and used the money to purchase a better helmet through keith's source.

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:10 pm

yup, to get the right armour and affordable price, best is to get recommendations from us.

shaun

Post by shaun » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:24 pm

Sorry dude to see your helmet. Hope u can get a refund from ur hard saved money.
TK9208, <FISD- Expert Infantryman #134>

nbcwarrior

Post by nbcwarrior » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:46 am

You miss halloween Man....! We could have made a Death Trooper out of it......lol

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:54 am

@recon yup i guess i learnt my lkesson the hard way. got the VT dealer from keith!

@gordonator thanks gordon! yup got the edaler from keith after this incident! 8)

@shaun thanks shaun! yup hopefully ill get a refund :wink:

@nbcwarrior yea! i wish i wasnt so busy during tt period coz of assignmetns n exams!!

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:59 am

nbcwarrior wrote:You miss halloween Man....! We could have made a Death Trooper out of it......lol
lol. nice idea! :lol:

Return to “The Academy”