My TK Project.

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

mosske

Post by mosske » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:02 pm

How is the armor coming along, buddy? Need any help from the vets?
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:42 pm

@ Gordonator: Yup! was very pleased with the shipping and quality! 8)

@mosske: Thanks 4 asking!
Do need help with trimming witht the thighs,shins and forearms!
Also currently scouting for a blaster and holster!
May need the back part of ammo belt as i do not think mine is correct..or maybe just some adjustments.
May want to get another neck seal as i dont think the current quality of the neck seal is good!
Velcro adn attachment systems need major readjustments and help!

well thats about it and itll be 100% done! Thanks for the help n support! :wink:

@everyone: appreciate the comments help and even the views! helmet is on the way! seems just like yesterday that I was saving funds n starving during recess to save up for this! :wink: stay tuned for more updates!!

mosske

Post by mosske » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:57 pm

Bro, PM if you are free this Sat afternoon. I'll be having a small armor party for another new trooper. You can join us - FX armor is the easiest to assemble bcos all the parts are already trimmed, you prob only need to trim a little more if at all.
Also, remember to only use VELCRO brand velcro. Any other brand will just fall apart - the heat and humidity in Singapore will break down the adhesive. Velcro brand is the best!

Holsters, I've got holsters and the canvas portion of the belt so no worries there. These are provided by 2 of our members and sold for $30 and $10 respectively. Accurate and cheaper alternative to ordering online. :)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:53 am

@mosske
Thanks will pm right away! THnaks for the help again!

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:00 pm

link to ebay for helmet:

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... K:MEWNX:IT

UPDATE! Bought gloves!!

mosske

Post by mosske » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:13 pm

The helmet looks like it comes assembled and painted...and not a bad price too. It normally costs USD$250 for a helmet kit shipped.
I'd love to see the helmet in person once you receive it.
Last edited by mosske on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:17 pm

interesting, the ears seems to be part of the whole helmet and not as a separate piece.

the distant between the 2 eyes seems to be rather far apart as well. that could limit your vision. but it could just be the angle the photo is taken.

the mic tips don't seems to have mesh on it as well?

will love to see it in person as well.

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:17 am

yup the mic tips hav no mesh..or at least i cant see it..
havent received it yet coz it was only sent out on the 8th oct!! :wink:

mosske

Post by mosske » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:08 am

stanlow wrote:yup the mic tips hav no mesh..or at least i cant see it..
havent received it yet coz it was only sent out on the 8th oct!! :wink:
Hopefully it comes with the mesh, but if not its easy to diy that.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

mosske

Post by mosske » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:34 am

Bro, here's an extract from our thread within the private "501st member's only" area. Normal members to the forum don't have access to it so I've extracted what I posted there on the throat mic. This is the throat mic I was telling you about:
mosske wrote:Ok guys, thanks to OJ, here's the link to the Fire Fox throat mic he uses: http://firefoxtechnologies.zoovy.com/pr ... t_Mic.html

It costs USD$54.95, not including shipping. The reason for this post is to do a group order. This mic comes with a PTT (push-to-talk) button which adds the static 'click' sound whenever clicked for talking. Also because it grabs the voice directly from yr vocal chords, there is NO feedback no matter how loud you put the speaker volume up. Also, yr voice is crystal clear when you speak, unlike what we have now....MUMBLES knows what I mean. ;)
It is compatible with the speaker system we are currently using and the only thing else we need to get is an adapter for the plug.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:35 am

thanks for the link! will be saving up for those!!

just fnished halo reach too!

mosske

Post by mosske » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:47 am

For your blaster, here are your options...

1. You can get the Hasbro stormtrooper blaster, the get the upgrade/conversion kit to convert it to something more accurate. You can get the kit from DoopyDoos here: http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e ... -207-p.asp

2. You can get the DoopyDoos' PVC blaster kit. You can order the parts from him here: http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e ... 2068-p.asp. But you will need to get your own pvc pipe and this project does take more effort. Recommended for advanced prop makers.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

mosske

Post by mosske » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:03 am

Halo? Cool! Go to www.405th.com and register yrself....then let me know your username so I can add you there as a friend. We have some Halo fans here too! :)

As for the throat mic....you will also need to get the speaker. What we use is a portable PA system. You can get one from 'Sin Lee' from Sim Lim Square. Its located on the 2nd floor near the main lifts area facing the central bannisters. There's a girl with short hair there called 'Baby' - try to ask her. The portable PA systems costs between $60-70 depending on which model you pick. Try to get one with not just the microphone jack but also a jack for the AUX. The Aux jack is useful for plugging in an MP3 player without using up your microphone jack.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:37 pm

@mosske
THanks keith! will get the stuff when i save up enough! Also thanks for the links as well as the time n effort spent helping me out with my armour! Just registered on 405th, and my username is stanlow .

@everyone An update for everyone, today with the help of keith we managed to fix up the belt, glue thigh, biceps and the shoulder straps with the chest piece together. Got a really great adult suspenders from keith which work really well. Got help modifying th elength of belt around the abs and adjustments!! Got a leather holster which i forgot to pay for! oops! :roll:

Will upload some pics of it tommorrow after school for future troopers to learn and see the progress!

Till then, have a great week ahead everyone!..hope the monday blues wont be too bad for all! :wink:

stanlow

Post by stanlow » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:58 pm

@ mosske O yes i forgot...the link to the nice neckseal that i thought wasnt good doesnt exist anymore as the sale of it is over! however here is a link to the seller!!

[/url]http://myworld.ebay.com.sg/stormtrooper ... G:1181[url][/url]

*EDIT*
found a link to another one his neck seals for sale. exactly the same:

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Star-wars-Stormt ... 41537871c9

Return to “The Academy”