Hey, I'm thinking of making this!

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

domz

Post by domz » Mon May 10, 2010 8:55 pm

darthkimmy wrote:
domz wrote:Looking at that picture, you might be able to get away with low-cut boots with spats, provided your spats and straps are of appropriate material and colour. But ... are you doing this for Rebel Legion (where certain costuming standards may apply) or just for fun? Costuming standards and hunting for reference pictures can be real challenge. Turns some people off, turns some people on.

It's just for fun, for now (:
Makes things much easier, though finding boots that colour might be a problem. Maybe there are other reference shots that "justify" an easier colour?
TR 7248
Legion Events Co-ordinator

darthkimmy

Post by darthkimmy » Mon May 10, 2010 9:10 pm

I tried to google for more pictures from this comic but couldn't find any...

dr34m

Post by dr34m » Thu May 13, 2010 8:40 am

Do you mean pictures outside the comic? Because if you need photos FROM the comic, I can scan my Star Wars Infinities

darthkimmy

Post by darthkimmy » Thu May 13, 2010 8:56 am

dr34m wrote:
Do you mean pictures outside the comic? Because if you need photos FROM the comic, I can scan my Star Wars Infinities
YES PLEASE =D I think I sent you an email lol.

dr34m

Post by dr34m » Thu May 13, 2010 9:07 am

Unlikely since you don't have my email lol :lol: Studying for my econs paper later..I'll scan it tonight when I get back. You'll just need the side n back view?

darthkimmy

Post by darthkimmy » Thu May 13, 2010 9:13 am

dr34m wrote:Unlikely since you don't have my email lol :lol: Studying for my econs paper later..I'll scan it tonight when I get back. You'll just need the side n back view?
It was on your leia collection blog thingum? Okay nevermind haha yeah okay tonight would be great! Yeah just the side and back view. THANKS!

darthkimmy

Post by darthkimmy » Thu May 13, 2010 9:13 am

Oh and all the best for your econs paper! :D

dr34m

Post by dr34m » Thu May 13, 2010 9:30 am

Thanks Kim :D and you for your O's whenever that is.. xD

darthkimmy

Post by darthkimmy » Thu May 13, 2010 9:34 am

dr34m wrote:Thanks Kim :D and you for your O's whenever that is.. xD
haha CHINESE IS IN 18 DAYS !@#@#$!

Anyway er on second thought, could you also post a better front view of her? Ty!

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Thu May 13, 2010 3:06 pm

darthkimmy wrote:hmmm can I buy cloth that looks like that design for the tabbards?
From someone who had made some costumes myself from scratch, or look for TheOne Materials myself instead of buying from Pan-In-The-Box or CostumeBase, the chances is very, very low BUT you can give it a Shot.

Just give yourself a full afternoon to look at almost every shops at People's Park (Food & Shopping Centre) 2nd levels (where all the Cloths Shops are) for TheOne Materials.

And another afternoon at Arab Street (try out the 3 Chinese Cloths Shop and an Indian Cloths near the end of Arab Street) as occasionally, something rare and you need might pop up.
Can also try Textile Centre but IMHO, there's nothing much there for me except for Trims and Crafting stuffs.

Spotlight, tho' sound ex can also be a good source for Rare Materials which the other 2 places dun have. Just be ready to PAY for them.

Personally, I think easier to just draw it yourself tho' you must trust your creativity to achieve the right look; can try practicing on a Majong Paper probably cut to the shape of the tabbard.

As for the Boots, you want it flat like there? Have you try those Shoes Shops like Mad About Shoes found at most neighbourhood central for something that can pass? Or while at Chinatown, check out the shops at Poeple's Park; all 3 of them (People's Park Centre, People's Park Complex, People's Park FSC).
Many cosplayers spoke of City Plaza having shops that sell Lady Boots but I haven't check it out.

And if you only found White ones, I discovered (to my dismay) that the Clear Liquid Kiwi Polisher can actually turn it to Ivory/Pale Beige. :shock:

Of course, dun forget to check out our Jedi_Slayer's tutorial on how his costume is made, apart from Padawan's Guide and its other links.

Jedi costume - My first costuming experience
viewtopic.php?t=1197

And IF you choose to use one of those Commercial Patterns, do a mockup first and might want to go down by a size or more as they tend to run BIG. :shock:

darthkimmy

Post by darthkimmy » Thu May 13, 2010 8:54 pm

THANK YOU! I'm gonna make it myself! :D
I'm going to buy the cloth tomorrow heh heh xD
And my mum's bringing me to chinatown to buy boots this weekend!

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Thu May 13, 2010 9:21 pm

never seen that b4.
nice colour theme!
"In my books; Experience outranks everything"

darthkimmy

Post by darthkimmy » Thu May 13, 2010 9:29 pm

mandalorianBleahhh wrote:never seen that b4.
nice colour theme!
Yeah actually neither did I.

dr34m

Post by dr34m » Thu May 13, 2010 9:43 pm

Here you go, let me know if you need any other particular shot and I can flip thru my comic..Good luck :)

darthkimmy

Post by darthkimmy » Thu May 13, 2010 9:45 pm

dr34m wrote:Here you go, let me know if you need any other particular shot and I can flip thru my comic..Good luck :)
THANKS A MILLION! I owe you big time xD

Return to “The Academy”